Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

By the way, there hasn't been too much testing this time around, I hate to admit, so if you are a player, maybe wait a day or so before jumping the gun.

If you are a modder, however, please update ASAP, some things changed with Terraria 1.3.3+. If you use CustomSky or ModPlayer.CatchFish, you definitely need to release an update.

What exactly changed in the CustomSky.Update? I got mine working (mostly. It loads.) with...

public override void Update(GameTime gameTime)
{
}

But now it turns the screen progressively white. Is the update method adding the effect on top of itself each step now? And is there a way to stop that?

Attachments

• 20160913113226_1.jpg
    20160913113226_1.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 20160913113226_2.jpg
    20160913113226_2.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 20160913113228_1.jpg
    20160913113228_1.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 168
So what is the ID for the pistol sound? (For Handgun, Phoenix Blaster, Venus Magnum, etc.)

Also how do I make an item have multiple recipes?

So what is the ID for the pistol sound? (For Handgun, Phoenix Blaster, Venus Magnum, etc.)

Also how do I make an item have multiple recipes?

pistol use this one
item.useSound = 11;

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.ClayBlock, 10);
recipe.SetResult(this, 1);
recipe.AddRecipe();

recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe1.AddIngredient(null, "claycrate2", 1);
recipe1.SetResult(this, 10);
recipe1.AddRecipe();
}

this is how u do 2
just change them

top vanilla item used
buttom modded item used

I keep getting an OutOfMemory exception every time I try to load a world through the updated tModLoader. It works fine in Vanilla Terraria, and I'm pretty sure I installed the new tModLoader correctly...

EDIT: Reverting back to tModLoader version 0.8.3.2 (I had the .rar on my desktop) allows it to work just fine, albeit in the non-updated form.

I keep getting an OutOfMemory exception every time I try to load a world through the updated tModLoader. It works fine in Vanilla Terraria, and I'm pretty sure I installed the new tModLoader correctly...

EDIT: Reverting back to tModLoader version 0.8.3.2 (I had the .rar on my desktop) allows it to work just fine, albeit in the non-updated form.
It's because you've got mods that haven't been updated to work with the new tmod

is it working for the latest version of terraria vanilla? thx
Read the page before this

it kept launching the vanilla terraria eventho i have rename the modded terraria to terraria.exe , why is this ? please help

There is a weird bug (at least for me) when I try to pick up a forbidden fragment my character freezes in place and can't die or do anything forcing me to reload the world.

Back
Top Bottom