Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey so I've been away from modding for a while and maybe I'm just ignorant but... I can't find any documentation on the altTextures field? I see the ExamplePerson have it filled with a string value but I don't see it used anywhere. What do I do with it? Can I - for example - have the NPC use different texture if they're in a certain biom? Thanks

Hey, this is probably a stupid question but how do i update Tmodloader to the current version? I'm on Terraria 1.3.2.1 and Tmodloader 0.8.3.2. Thanks!

Hey, this is probably a stupid question but how do i update Tmodloader to the current version? I'm on Terraria 1.3.2.1 and Tmodloader 0.8.3.2. Thanks!

@that_bee

Literally just download the new file and install it like you normally would. Its not automatic friend, you gotta put in a little work.

Alright, now I'm getting the Mod Browser issue, its not just taking a long time, its completely frying the process in Task Manager. I'm gonna continue testing but it looks like Mod Browser isn't working at all at this point, I'm wondering if its the host (I'm assuming you have a host for all the Mod Browser stuff to work), because this is really bad if its just traffic.

Alright, now I'm getting the Mod Browser issue, its not just taking a long time, its completely frying the process in Task Manager. I'm gonna continue testing but it looks like Mod Browser isn't working at all at this point, I'm wondering if its the host (I'm assuming you have a host for all the Mod Browser stuff to work), because this is really bad if its just traffic.
I was able to get into the mod browser and it appears it is currently down

I was able to get into the mod browser and it appears it is currently down

@Eli10293

That makes a lot of sense, it seems when it goes down like this some people can get in and just see no mods, others just have their game crash. It is an odd thing, I remember a few versions back the Mod Browser seemed to work flawlessly, I wonder who threw a stick in a the cogs.

@Eli10293

That makes a lot of sense, it seems when it goes down like this some people can get in and just see no mods, others just have their game crash. It is an odd thing, I remember a few versions back the Mod Browser seemed to work flawlessly, I wonder who threw a stick in a the cogs.
Mine had appeared to crash the first 3 times I did it.
If anyone needs a link to the mod downloads they can be gotten straight from here http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/DirectModDownloadListing.php

I have a question. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else but why does it take ages for the mod browser to start and show me mods to download.

Also, for some reason I have not found one fallen star in about 6 hours playing. Mod messing it up maybe?
Probably a installed mod or very not luck, because i have drop a fallen star there are ten minute.

I have a question. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else but why does it take ages for the mod browser to start and show me mods to download.

Yep, me too, for me , this is normal, i think than the server who host that is free, and after, this is just 1 minute.

Soemone please help, been a month since i first asked about the problem. He just cant install tmodloader. Whenever he opens it it is normal terraria. Occasionally it will say open from steam, closing all processes doesnt work.

When I made a custom buff potion and I try to reload my mod I get this error
c:\Users\Julian Romero\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\EpicnessModRemastered\Items\RageSpell.cs(27,24) : error CS0115: 'EpicnessModRemastered.Items.RageSpell.UseItem(Terraria.Item, Terraria.Player)': no suitable method found to override
Here is the buff potion code
Code:
using System;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace EpicnessModRemastered.Items
{
    public class RageSpell : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.name = "Rage Spell";
            item.maxStack = 20;
            item.consumable = true;
            item.width = 24;
            item.height = 24;
            item.useTime = 17;
            item.useAnimation = 17;
            item.useStyle = 2;
            item.toolTip = "Increases Melee and Move Speed by 40%.";
            item.toolTip2 = "Casually drunken by Lumberjacks...";
            item.rare = 4;
            item.value = 100600;
            item.useSound = 3;   
            item.consumable = true;
        }
        public override bool UseItem(Player player)
        {
            {
             player.AddBuff(mod.BuffType("Rage"), 2400);
            }
        }

}
}

Me and my friends are having this issue where no enemies spawn during tModLoader multiplayer. We're using the tModLoader server program, not steam connection.

Back
Top Bottom