Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

You'll want to mess about with HoldoutOffset().
Code:
public override Vector2? HoldoutOffset()
{
  return new Vector2(5, 0);
}

Mess around with those values a bit until it looks right.
Thank you! I'll try messing around right now.

[doublepost=1475313873,1475313364][/doublepost]
You'll want to mess about with HoldoutOffset().
Code:
{
  return new Vector2(5, 0);
}

Mess around with those values a bit until it looks right.
Okay, So i've messed around a bit, but i can only get it to look like this:
c84f6189da83126e6c8fa9109ffcd213.gif

Is there any way i can get it to hold the handle all the way around?
I can only seem to get my character to hold it by the handle in a few select positions.
current code:
Code:
        {
            return new Vector2(7, 7);
        }

Thank you! I'll try messing around right now.

[doublepost=1475313873,1475313364][/doublepost]
Okay, So i've messed around a bit, but i can only get it to look like this:
c84f6189da83126e6c8fa9109ffcd213.gif

Is there any way i can get it to hold the handle all the way around?
I can only seem to get my character to hold it by the handle in a few select positions.
current code:
Code:
        {
            return new Vector2(7, 7);
        }

I don't think so. Sprites rotate along their point of origin, in case of items this is the lower left corner of the sprite. As far as I'm aware, you can't change that origin if your item is not a staff.

The most natural result you're going to get is if the lower left corner of the sprite is in the middle of your character. You could try animating your weapon as a staff (see here), but that might have undesired consequences (for instance, I believe staves don't rotate fluidly, but in segment every time they fire).

I don't think so. Sprites rotate along their point of origin, in case of items this is the lower left corner of the sprite. As far as I'm aware, you can't change that origin if your item is not a staff.

The most natural result you're going to get is if the lower left corner of the sprite is in the middle of your character. You could try animating your weapon as a staff (see here), but that might have undesired consequences (for instance, I believe staves don't rotate fluidly, but in segment every time they fire).
Damn. Well, Thanks for the help anyway. I should be able to make-do with this.

dangit, hubby is asleep, and my mod is crashing at startup. I know EXACTLY why, as a lesser mod that isn't really doing much doesn't jive with one of the major mods. I know it's this mod, because it gets to it after all of the initial loading and promptly crashes once it flashes on screen. As it's a Z name, and it's alphabetical, I know that's it. is it safe to delete both the (insert name).enabled, and (insert name).tmod? I need some help, seriously. My poor husband's gonna be pissed because he asked me to load them one at a time. I am jonseing for some terraria!!!

dangit, hubby is asleep, and my mod is crashing at startup. I know EXACTLY why, as a lesser mod that isn't really doing much doesn't jive with one of the major mods. I know it's this mod, because it gets to it after all of the initial loading and promptly crashes once it flashes on screen. As it's a Z name, and it's alphabetical, I know that's it. is it safe to delete both the (insert name).enabled, and (insert name).tmod? I need some help, seriously. My poor husband's gonna be pissed because he asked me to load them one at a time. I am jonseing for some terraria!!!
You don't really need to delete the mod files. Just move them to a different location, such as a temporary folder inside the mods folder. That way they can be moved back easily enough. I'd guess that it would be best to keep the .enabled file with the .tmod file.

You don't really need to delete the mod files. Just move them to a different location, such as a temporary folder inside the mods folder. That way they can be moved back easily enough. I'd guess that it would be best to keep the .enabled file with the .tmod file.
Thank you, solo-lon. so just move both the .enabled and the .tmod to a temp folder? I'd wake him up, but he was oncall at work (server architect) and it was 24 hours. He just now is off the shift. needs sleep. I REALLY appreciate your help.
[doublepost=1475316286,1475315793][/doublepost]
Thank you, solo-lon. so just move both the .enabled and the .tmod to a temp folder? I'd wake him up, but he was oncall at work (server architect) and it was 24 hours. He just now is off the shift. needs sleep. I REALLY appreciate your help.
Thank you!! No deleting required, created that sub folder and it's nice and safe

Alright, last post!! It was NOT ZomBs that wasn't jiving with the game. No, it's true eater, and this is a problem, as all my worlds have this. I know that I was making a new world any way, but I have an active favorite with the it enabled and I can't find the thread link.

I can not pick up Forbidden Fragments with tModloader installed, anyone having the same issue?
My player gets frozen in place and is unable to use items, while I can still open the inventory and exit the game.
I'm using Calamity, Cheat Sheet, and Pumpking's mod.
Make sure cheat sheet is up to date

Something wrong with this:
Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
and this:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatLine..ctor()
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

I just want to mention that the Terraria.exe with tModLoader doesn't detect gamepad triggers, which makes the game unplayable for me when running through the loader. (Gamepad and KB combo doesn't really work because the game switches between pad and KB modes, so no Xpadder)

I don't think it's me, because it's perfectly fine with the vanilla client.
I'm just going to requote this as it seems to have been completely missed. :x

Everything is working fine except trigger detection.

So i am in a little bit of a predicament and windows is giving me the error that this app cannot be launched and it says that it's the developer's fault.

Tried to download Tmodloader after totally deleting my Terraria folder(s), because I wanted a fresh start or something.
Installed Tmodloader.
When I click the "Mod Browser" button, Terraria freezes up and starts not responding.
I think that if I wait a while, the mod browser works, but is it going to freeze up every time I try to get a new mod?
I can live perfectly fine with a minute or so wait, but it is just inconvenient. Anyone know if loading in the mods takes a while, or if its a bug of some sort?

Tried to download Tmodloader after totally deleting my Terraria folder(s), because I wanted a fresh start or something.
Installed Tmodloader.
When I click the "Mod Browser" button, Terraria freezes up and starts not responding.
I think that if I wait a while, the mod browser works, but is it going to freeze up every time I try to get a new mod?
I can live perfectly fine with a minute or so wait, but it is just inconvenient. Anyone know if loading in the mods takes a while, or if its a bug of some sort?
It freezes up for a very short time for me. Your computer may be a bit weaker or something causing it to load slower. But i'm not even sure if it's a computer problem..
Honestly, it's not that annoying.
In short; yes, it's going to freeze up every time.
As for the not responding part, i'm not sure. If the problem persists, you can just download mods manually.

I'm getting kind of a big problem at the moment;
crash.png

It does this at the moment it tries to load ZoaklenMod, and I've very recently updated Shadow's Mod, Dedicated Wing Slot and Nightmares Unleashed. I have a feeling ZoaklenMod isn't playing nice with one of these mods, but I don't know how to fix it, since now it just crashes every time I try to open Terraria.

EDIT: It also crashed when I tried to reload my mods after updating those three I mentioned earlier.
I'm going to try deleting Shadow's Mod, and see what that does.
That didn't work, and neither did deleting Wing slot. So it most likely has to be Nightmares Unleashed that's conflicting with ZoaklenMod...

Last edited:
Whenever I try to change my key bindings in tModloader, and press to change a button, it switches to "None" and then freezes any input, so I have to alt F4 out of the game.

EDIT: It also crashed when I tried to reload my mods after updating those three I mentioned earlier.
That didn't work, and neither did deleting Wing slot. So it most likely has to be Nightmares Unleashed that's conflicting with ZoaklenMod...[/QUOTE]

I spent 2 and a half hours with this today. Go on nightmares unleashed and you'll see my post. It doesn't play nice with Thorium if any but his are loaded, cosmetic if cheat sheet, calamity, and pie's vanity are loaded along with his- and a few other things. I had to stop. I can tell you that Zoalken did NOT launch either. I have 12 mods loaded, and not all worlds have all of them, but i'm telling you- it was pretty tedious. He's a great guy and I'm certain he's trying to find the problem.

That didn't work, and neither did deleting Wing slot. So it most likely has to be Nightmares Unleashed that's conflicting with ZoaklenMod...

I spent 2 and a half hours with this today. Go on nightmares unleashed and you'll see my post. It doesn't play nice with Thorium if any but his are loaded, cosmetic if cheat sheet, calamity, and pie's vanity are loaded along with his- and a few other things. I had to stop. I can tell you that Zoalken did NOT launch either. I have 12 mods loaded, and not all worlds have all of them, but i'm telling you- it was pretty tedious. He's a great guy and I'm certain he's trying to find the problem.[/QUOTE]

Thank you; I'll keep a sharp eye on that thread for updates. I'd really hate to get rid of Nightmares Unleashed, it's a good mod.

Nightmares Unleashed is still working, or at least it has before it's update yesterday. It might be possible to reverse the update to a earlier version.

Back
Top Bottom