Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Here it is:
As I expected. This means in the path to the texture, a wrong mod is specified or none at all.
For example: texture = "Items/MyItem" should actually be texture = "MyMod/Items/MyItem"
[doublepost=1475784390,1475784366][/doublepost]
Please update to 1.3.3.3. Please
Like jopo said there is NO RELEASE DATE for the next update. All I can say it will likely take longer than coming weekend. You can still download the current version and play on tML v0.8.3.4 playing Terraria v1.3.3.2

As I expected. This means in the path to the texture, a wrong mod is specified or none at all.
For example: texture = "Items/MyItem" should actually be texture = "MyMod/Items/MyItem"
Yes, supposedly it is, the problem is, that mod I'm making doesn't use GetTexture(), not even other ways of loading textures.

am i the only one to have a odd error message when ever i open the game? the message is sorta like this:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Any clue? o_O

If you download the current terraria version, it should work perfectly fine. If you want to stay safe, wait for it to update.

Did you install TML correctly?
Also if your having that issues I would uninstall Terraria, and delete all files within the core folder in the steamapps folder[basicly he terraria folder]
Then reinstall game, install TML but rename the exe that comes with TML to something other than what it is by default.
And try again.
It didn't work. The problem must be somewhere else. when the world fails to load, it tries to load a backup but there's no backups.

alright, so I'm getting this error:
Code:
c:\Users\(No need to see)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Anomaly\NPCs\AnomalyHarpy.cs(32,37) : error CS1061: 'Terraria.Player' does not contain a definition for 'ZoneSkyHeight' and no extension method 'ZoneSkyHeight' accepting a first argument of type 'Terraria.Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

so here is the code:

Code:
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Anomaly.NPCs
{
    public class AnomalyHarpy : ModNPC
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            npc.name = "AnomalyHarpy";
            npc.displayName = "Anomaly Harpy";
            npc.width = 98;
            npc.height = 82;
            npc.damage = 10;
            npc.defense = 10;
            npc.lifeMax = 200;
            npc.soundHit = 1;
            npc.soundKilled = 1;
            npc.value = 60f;
            npc.knockBackResist = 0.5f;
            npc.aiStyle = 44;
            Main.npcFrameCount[npc.type] = 4;
            aiType = NPCID.Harpy;  //npc behavior
            animationType = NPCID.Harpy;
        }

public override float CanSpawn(NPCSpawnInfo spawnInfo)
        {
            Tile tile = Main.tile[spawnInfo.spawnTileX, spawnInfo.spawnTileY];
            return spawnInfo.player.ZoneSkyHeight ? 0.5f : 0f;
        }
        public override void NPCLoot()  //Npc drop
        {
            if (Main.rand.Next(100) == 0)
            {
                Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, mod.ItemType("ItemName"), 2); //Item spawn
            }

}
    }
}

Still a work-in-progress, but can anyone help?
Can anyone help? I'm trying to get my mob to spawn in space.

doesn't anyone have any idea how to fix this? I was in the middle of creating a boss when my worlds stopped loading! (read my previous replies for more info)

@Danew Dr
I didn't know you was creating a mod, I thought you was having issues with TML not working.
But as for your mod issues I'm not really sure what to say to fix the problem, cause I've no clue as to how to create a mod.

Is Terraria 1.3.3.1 the same thing as 1.3.3?

No, not exactly. 1.3.3 would include all 1.3.3.x versions, such as 1.3.3.0, 1.3.3.1, 1.3.3.2, and 1.3.3.3. This is why it is important for people to be specific when talking about versions.

Also, how do you setup tModLoader when you don't have the Steam version?

If you have the windows GOG version of the game, then go to the download section of the opening post and download the GOG Windows version of TML which is right under the Steam downloads. After downloading, just follow the instructions in the Readme.txt file inside the downloaded zip. Be sure that you download the correct TML version for the correct Terraria version, for example Terraria 1.3.3.2 would require TML 0.8.3.4. If you have any issues, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to get you straightened out.

If you have the Linux or Mac GOG versions of the game, then those are not currently supported by TML, but I've been working on supporting them and should have a solution fully tested and released within the next week or so.

The 0.8.3.4 version of the tModLoader cannot host a server on Windows 7 either. If I use command lines it will display an "Load Failed" error. If I use the client, it seems that the starting server page will not change forever.
And by the way, I thought that an icon before the mod name on the mod list will attract more players. Would you mind adding it to the next version?

Does anybody know if there is a way to restore corrupted worlds?
I updated my mods, and it seems there were some significant changes since i last played. I broke all of the purple missing tiles, that were once my Thorium trophies, but forgot to check the chests for unloaded items before exiting, and now cannot load my world at all. I have a backup, but it's pretty old, so yeah...
Here's the list of mods that updated: Thorium,Crystillium,Calamity,Fargo's mod,Pumpking's mod and Cosmetic Variety
Чтение после конца потока невозможно.
в System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
в System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt16()
в Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.GetCustomData(Int32 type, BinaryReader reader, Boolean hasGlobalSaving)
в Terraria.ModLoader.Default.MysteryItem.LoadCustomData(BinaryReader reader)
в Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.ReadCustomData(Item item, Byte[] data, Boolean hasGlobalSaving)

Back
Top Bottom