Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

EDIT: Nevermind. I removed and reequiped all my equipment and things seem to have fixed themselves and I can't cause it to happen again. So.. I guess.. move along, nothing to see here.

EDIT 2: Thanks to another member posting about this same issue, it turns out that putting a dye in the head slot is what caused it: https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...der-a-modding-api.23726/page-733#post-1156016

I'm working on getting the TML GOG patches working and I've come across some unusual behavior. Before I make a github issue, I want to see if any of you steam users can reproduce this, because there is every possibility that it could just be an issue on the GOG patching side.

Basically, the Balloon Animal and Bundled Party Balloons vanity accessories display below the character's feet instead of above their head. The left image shows the problem in patched GOG Terraria and the right image from vanilla Terraria shows what it should look like.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
PROBLEM!!!! everytime i pickup a drop (e.g wood apple acorn) it stops my player and i cant move!! oh!!! THE HUMANITY but srsly please help ok this time SOMEONE AWNSER ME

So after playing for a little while on the new modloader, I've noticed that my fps dops quite frequently to around 7. I have a decent build with an intel i5, 8gb of ram, and a gtx 770, So I should be running just fine but it is quite choppy, Is there anything I could do, or are you guys working on optimizing the modloader soon.

How do I update mods in Terraria? Do I just search for them again, and re-install them? Because I just got two error messages when starting up Terraria saying that both Thorium and Cheat Sheet have been disabled due to being for a previous version.

earlier i spoke about slowdowns during the storms in Tmodloader ...i found out that my Gforce was not set on the EXE so that was on my end. it was running on the Default card because i got 2 cards instead of 1.

Field not found: 'Terraria.Main.rand'.
at WWIAFTMod.Tiles.TubemanG.AnimateTile(Int32& frame, Int32& frameCounter)
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.AnimateTiles()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

What did i do wrong

Field not found: 'Terraria.Main.rand'.
at WWIAFTMod.Tiles.TubemanG.AnimateTile(Int32& frame, Int32& frameCounter)
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.AnimateTiles()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

What did i do wrong
Either you tmodloader is old or that mod is old.

PROBLEM!!!! everytime i pickup a drop (e.g wood apple acorn) it stops my player and i cant move!! oh!!! THE HUMANITY but srsly please help ok this time SOMEONE AWNSER ME

I recently installed the newest version of tModLoader, and when I try to create a character it crashes with this message

12/14/2016 5:01:33 PM
System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Terraria.Main.rand'.
at FlashPlayer.DrawEffects(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo, Single& r, Single& g, Single& b, Single& a, Boolean& fullBright)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.DrawEffects(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo, Single& r, Single& g, Single& b, Single& a, Boolean& fullBright)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Could someone tell me whart's wrong?

I recently installed the newest version of tModLoader, and when I try to create a character it crashes with this message

12/14/2016 5:01:33 PM
System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Terraria.Main.rand'.
at FlashPlayer.DrawEffects(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo, Single& r, Single& g, Single& b, Single& a, Boolean& fullBright)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.DrawEffects(PlayerDrawInfo drawInfo, Single& r, Single& g, Single& b, Single& a, Boolean& fullBright)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Could someone tell me whart's wrong?
Delete old .tmod files before launching.

I'm trying to make a case that is right clicked and drops swords to make the nights edge, but when I right click it in-game it drops nothing.

using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace OxysMod.Items.Cases
{
public class NightsEdgeCase : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Night's Edge Case";
item.maxStack = 1;
item.consumable = true;
item.width = 24;
item.height = 24;
item.toolTip = "'Open to find a material for the Night's Edge'";
item.toolTip2 = "'Has a 1/6 chance to drop some junk'";
item.rare = 3;
}
public override bool CanRightClick()
{
return true;
}

public override void OpenBossBag(Player player)
{
int choice = Main.rand.Next(6);
if (choice == 0)
{
player.QuickSpawnItem(ItemID.OldShoe);
}
if (choice == 1)
{
player.QuickSpawnItem(ItemID.Muramasa);
}
if (choice == 2)
{
player.QuickSpawnItem(ItemID.LightsBane);
}
if (choice == 3)
{
player.QuickSpawnItem(ItemID.BladeofGrass);
}
if (choice == 4)
{
player.QuickSpawnItem(ItemID.BloodButcherer);
}
if (choice == 5)
{
player.QuickSpawnItem(ItemID.FieryGreatsword);
}
}
}
}

will anyone ever awnser my comment or???

I had the same issue yesterday and it turned out that the problem lies within the "Even More Modifiers" mod which I'm assuming you have installed. You´ll have to disable it for now if you want to keep playing with the other 1.3.4.4 mods until it officially supports the latest release of tmodloader.

Creating a backup of your world(s) and character(s) before loading them up without "Even More Modifiers" is highly recommended in case things go wrong.

Now I have a problem....none mods for version 8 is going on version 9...and when I'm trying to put version 8 in, it still always shows the version 9....please make all mods for version 9 now or tell how to fix the problem

Method not found: 'Void Terraria.Player.VanillaUpdateAccessory(Terraria.Item, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, Boolean ByRef, Boolean ByRef)'.
at WingSlot.WingSlotPlayer.UpdateEquips(Boolean& wallSpeedBuff, Boolean& tileSpeedBuff, Boolean& tileRangeBuff)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.UpdateEquips(Player player, Boolean& wallSpeedBuff, Boolean& tileSpeedBuff, Boolean& tileRangeBuff)
at Terraria.Player.UpdateEquips(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

this happens when i try to load up a world does anyone know what it means or how i can fix it?
[doublepost=1481763897,1481763821][/doublepost]
Now I have a problem....none mods for version 8 is going on version 9...and when I'm trying to put version 8 in, it still always shows the version 9....please make all mods for version 9 now or tell how to fix the problem
only the mod creators can update the mods to version 9

I had the same issue yesterday and it turned out that the problem lies within the "Even More Modifiers" mod which I'm assuming you have installed. You´ll have to disable it for now if you want to keep playing with the other 1.3.4.4 mods until it officially supports the latest release of tmodloader.

Creating a backup of your world(s) and character(s) before loading them up without "Even More Modifiers" is highly recommended in case things go wrong.
THANK YOU ARE A SWEETHEART FINNaly thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom