Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I was ignored, so i have to post again, i ahve problem whit Old ones army where army doesent appear until i come realy close to the either of portals. My friend also has this problem and i would realy appritiate if u fixed that, tnx a ton :3

I cant open my game since i updated to the latest version, it looks normal the game is looking for the mods and then suddenly it crashes, if i uninstall all of my mods i can load up the game but the problem then is that i dont have any mods..... im on mac

Hey there. I'm having problems with the old one's army. The enemies wont spawn unless you get really close to the portal, and they dissapear again once you get too far away from them. Just throwing that out there, so you guys can try to fix it maybe. Thanks in advance.

I cant open my game since i updated to the latest version, it looks normal the game is looking for the mods and then suddenly it crashes, if i uninstall all of my mods i can load up the game but the problem then is that i dont have any mods..... im on mac
i think it cause we are on macs

Hey there. I'm having problems with the old one's army. The enemies wont spawn unless you get really close to the portal, and they dissapear again once you get too far away from them. Just throwing that out there, so you guys can try to fix it maybe. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, that happened to me before. I think it happesn because of the Prefixes to Enemies mod. Do you have it? If you do, disable it and the enemies should appear without the needing to be near the portal.

whenever I launch the tmodloader application i get this error message:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

whenever I launch the tmodloader application i get this error message:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)
Are you using a Steam version or a GOG version of Terraria?

So I am having a little trouble with trying to get a gun to work, trying to make a gun shoot chlorophyte bullets when using musket balls.

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.DataStructures;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using TerraCompilation.Items;

namespace TerraCompilation.Items.Weapons
{
   public class Focusfire : ModItem
   {
     public override bool Autoload(ref string name, ref string texture, IList<EquipType> equips)
   {
     texture = "TerraCompilation/Items/Weapons/Focusfire";
     return true;
   }
     public override void SetDefaults()
     {
       item.name = "Focusfire";
       item.damage = 45;
       item.ranged = true;
       item.width = 40;
       item.height = 20;
       item.toolTip = "75% chance to not consume ammo";
       item.toolTip2 = "Converts musket balls into Chlorophyte Bullets";
       item.useTime = 1;
       item.useAnimation = 1;
       item.useStyle = 5;
       item.noMelee = true;
       item.knockBack = 5;
       item.value = 263000;
       item.rare = 4;
       item.UseSound = SoundID.Item41;
       item.autoReuse = true;
       item.shoot = 10;
       item.shootSpeed = 16f;
       item.useAmmo = AmmoID.Bullet;
       item.expert = true;
     }
     public override bool ConsumeAmmo(Player player)
     {
       return Main.rand.NextFloat() > .75f;
     }

public override bool Shoot(Player player, ref Vector2 position, ref float speedX, ref float speedY, ref int type, ref int damage, ref float knockBack)
     {
       if (type == ProjectileID.Bullet)
       {
         type = ProjectileID.ChlorophyteBullet;
       }
       return true;
     }

public override void AddRecipes()
     {
       ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
       recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.LunarBar, 30);
       recipe.AddIngredient(null, "Unknownparts", 1);
       recipe.AddTile(TileID.LunarCraftingStation);
       recipe.SetResult(this);
       recipe.AddRecipe();
     }
   }
}

All that happens when I try to fire the gun it never appears, my character doesn't even use the usestyle, and all I hear is its shooting noise.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently a usetime and useanimation of 1 is very very bad, changed it to 2 and it worked.

Last edited:
Is there a way that I could have both normal and modded Terraria both usable at the same time? It is kind of a pain to swap all my files a whole bunch in order to switch between normal and modded.

Is there a way that I could have both normal and modded Terraria both usable at the same time? It is kind of a pain to swap all my files a whole bunch in order to switch between normal and modded.

all i do just copy this game from steam directory to another location
for tmod i use copy one not the original from steam, make shortcut on windows and u got mod one and original too

Technically all you have to do is rename the TModLoader's version of the EXE and keep them in the same folders. Though if ya wanna swap between them, delete the Terraria.EXE and verify files for normal, and install the other EXE extra after. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom