Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

@KirbyMaster500 @jopojelly Alright, I found the problem. This has nothing to do with custom wavebanks.

After exhaustive testing, the music box bug is without a doubt being caused by the Crystilium Mod. Which makes sense, given the fact this mod has been known to cause similar problems with other items within its mod, ideally candelabras.

Apologies for believing it was tModLoader itself causing the problem prior to this. It turns out I had to take more precautions in disabling each mod and restarting the game than I first realized, which made it impossible to get a true understanding of the problem's source. I've now tested all dozen or so of my mods individually and restarted between each enabling and disabling. Crystilium Mod is the only one where this music box bug occurs, and this happens regardless of using any custom wavebanks.

Regardless, users should take note Crystilium has some pesky issues at the moment, which may or may not be fixable by what Graydee has mentioned in their mod's thread. I've seen numerous people reporting strange bugs in other mod threads that could very well be caused by this mod.

Last edited:
Hey i got an error while renaming chests. I'm trying to rename my chest to "Misc. 1" and when i press "." it gives me this error. Tried with other keyboard layouts. (normally finnish, tried with EN(US) ) Using tmodloader 0.9.1.
The specified key is not found in the dictionary
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Terraria.GameInput.KeyConfiguration.CopyKeyState(TriggersSet oldSet, TriggersSet newSet, String newKey)
at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.KeyboardInput()
at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.UpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Somehow I didn't find this int he thorium thread or here...

Where is the Mods folder on linux (Ubuntu 14.04) by default?

Found it

.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods

Please add this to the first post as it's not clear yet the mod loader it states won't work.

is there any way I can add a colored glow to wings when the user has them on (Not when the user uses them but in all conditions)

Yeah... you may want to fix this.
There is an error/bug that happens when you try to type something in chat or trying to name something.
Here's the Error given.
Code:
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Terraria.GameInput.KeyConfiguration.CopyKeyState(TriggersSet oldSet, TriggersSet newSet, String newKey)
   at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.KeyboardInput()
   at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.UpdateInput()
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
I hope you fix this problem.

Has anyone else been having issues with summoned minions, even vanilla ones, deciding to randomly despawn on you? It's something that I've seen multiple times in my last few sessions and it's really dang annoying. >_>

Happy New Year, everyone! :)

The TML GOG Patcher patches for Terraria 1.3.4.4 and TML 0.9.1.0 have been released: TML GOG Patcher

Here is the manual diff installer zip, for those Windows users that prefer it: tModLoader Windows GOG v0.9.1.0.zip

I don't have my workflow back up to full speed yet on my new computer -- Windows 10 is a pain -- so if there are any problems with the manual installer send me PM and we'll figure it out, and as always any problems with the TML GOG Patcher patches should be brought up in the application's thread and not here.

Has anyone else been having issues with summoned minions, even vanilla ones, deciding to randomly despawn on you? It's something that I've seen multiple times in my last few sessions and it's really dang annoying. >_>
I've had minions despawn on me to, even way back in 0.8 versions. Usually during intense boss fights when lots of projectiles are being spawned. I'd like to know why this is happening to.

I've had minions despawn on me to, even way back in 0.8 versions. Usually during intense boss fights when lots of projectiles are being spawned. I'd like to know why this is happening to.
Hell I'm seeing it happen in the middle of my base with no action currently. There'd be a few seconds or so and then they disappear.

Does anybody know what reader I should use for a tmod, I'm attempting to manually update Pumpkings mod cause he hasn't updated it yet. I saw a link to a special one earlier but now for the life of me I cant find it.

I need some help here
Capture4.PNG

Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace MoreStuff.Dusts
{
    public class GalacticDust : ModDust
    {
        public override void OnSpawn(Dust dust)
        {
            dust.color = new Color(255, 255, 255);
            dust.alpha = 1;
            dust.scale = 1.3f;
            dust.velocity = 0.5f;
            dust.noGravity = true;
            dust.noLight = false;
        }
        public override bool Update(Dust dust)
        {
            dust.Position += dust.velocity;
            dust.rotation += dust.velocity.X * 0.65f;
            dust.scale *= 2f;
            float light = 1 * dust.scale;
            Lighting.AddLight(dust.position, light, light, light)
            if (dust.scale < 9f)
            {
                dust.active = false;

}
            return false;
        }
    }
}

I need some help hereView attachment 153776
Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace MoreStuff.Dusts
{
    public class GalacticDust : ModDust
    {
        public override void OnSpawn(Dust dust)
        {
            dust.color = new Color(255, 255, 255);
            dust.alpha = 1;
            dust.scale = 1.3f;
            dust.velocity = 0.5f;
            dust.noGravity = true;
            dust.noLight = false;
        }
        public override bool Update(Dust dust)
        {
            dust.Position += dust.velocity;
            dust.rotation += dust.velocity.X * 0.65f;
            dust.scale *= 2f;
            float light = 1 * dust.scale;
            Lighting.AddLight(dust.position, light, light, light)
            if (dust.scale < 9f)
            {
                dust.active = false;

}
            return false;
        }
    }
}
Nvm I found that velocity was set to an amount rather than being multiplied by an amount

Back
Top Bottom