Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

To take away regen, in ModPlayer.UpdateBadLifeRegen put lines like "player.lifeRegen = 0; player.lifeRegenTime = 0;"
For the invulnerability, if you use ModPlayer.PostHurt and have "player.immuneTime = 0;" it would get rid of most of it I think.

If doing this via an accessory, you'll need to set some kind of flag in the ModPlayer class.
[doublepost=1486237047,1486236549][/doublepost]

Math.Atan2 parameters should be Y and then X. I'm not sure if you'll need to adjust it with the MathHelper stuff after that or not.
Ooooh... Now it works ! Thx a lot

Hi there, so I've been using TmodLoader for quite some time. I've always this and using mods has always made the experience much more fun than vanilla. However I have an issue. This morning I wanted to play some Terraria and all that so I loaded it up just like usual and it asked me for a language. I thought this was a little strange because that usually only happens the first time you're opening Terraria right? Well I didn't think much of it so I clicked English as usual and went to single player. Once it loaded up all of my characters were gone. As well are all of my worlds. This made me pretty frustrated because I've spent countless hours in some of those worlds making some pretty large builds (One of which took me 20+ hours while using Cheat Sheet to give myself the blocks and wings). After sitting there in awe I decided I would just go to my mods and choose whichever ones I wanted and I would start over. But in the mods section I have no mods installed. I thought this was weird but again I didn't think much of it. I went to go reinstall them and there is literally nothing in the mod browser. I tried changing the buttons at the top left and reinstalling TModLoader and even reinstalling Terraria and still nothing at all. Help?

@Dragonpriest4 My bad, I forgot that projectiles inherit their damage from the item that shoots them. Thanks, @FARemy

Hi there, so I've been using TmodLoader for quite some time. I've always this and using mods has always made the experience much more fun than vanilla. However I have an issue. This morning I wanted to play some Terraria and all that so I loaded it up just like usual and it asked me for a language. I thought this was a little strange because that usually only happens the first time you're opening Terraria right? Well I didn't think much of it so I clicked English as usual and went to single player. Once it loaded up all of my characters were gone. As well are all of my worlds. This made me pretty frustrated because I've spent countless hours in some of those worlds making some pretty large builds (One of which took me 20+ hours while using Cheat Sheet to give myself the blocks and wings). After sitting there in awe I decided I would just go to my mods and choose whichever ones I wanted and I would start over. But in the mods section I have no mods installed. I thought this was weird but again I didn't think much of it. I went to go reinstall them and there is literally nothing in the mod browser. I tried changing the buttons at the top left and reinstalling TModLoader and even reinstalling Terraria and still nothing at all. Help?
Have you located the folder '...My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader'? That's where your mods, settings, worlds and players are stored. If it was deleted, it would explain why tModLoader has been reset. Maybe have a look in your recycle bin to see if it's there.

I have the same problem as TheGamingPicDoesGaming : The Mod Browser doesn't work, it doesn't show any mod to install even if I change filters

here is the error
upload_2017-2-5_10-55-39.png

@Dragonpriest4 My bad, I forgot that projectiles inherit their damage from the item that shoots them. Thanks, @FARemy

Have you located the folder '...My Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader'? That's where your mods, settings, worlds and players are stored. If it was deleted, it would explain why tModLoader has been reset. Maybe have a look in your recycle bin to see if it's there.

Yes I've looked in that folder and the players folder exists, it's empty but it's there. There's no worlds folder, the Mods folder only has another folder called Mod Packs, which is empty, and the mod sources folder is empty. the only other things in the modloader folder is a file called "config.json" and "input profiles.json"

I can't figure out why my mods won't load anymore. They were working just fine this morning then I tried to load a few more and now it doesn't load all of them. I deleted the new ones and its still doesn't load.

I usually get either of these messages:

External component has thrown an exception.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.WmpProxyThread.RunInRightApartment(WmpProxyFunction proxyFunction)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.UnsafeNativeMethods.DecodeStreamToTexture(Void* pDevice, UInt32 stream, Int32* targetWidth, Int32* targetHeight, XnaImageOperation operation, Int32 maxAspectRatio, Void** pTexture)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

OR

Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, verifying the files, uninstalling and reinstalling tmodloader, downloading a new tmodloader. even uninstalling steam. I don't get any error messages but there is still nothing in any of my menus. no characters, worlds, mods, or mod browser.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, verifying the files, uninstalling and reinstalling tmodloader, downloading a new tmodloader. even uninstalling steam. I don't get any error messages but there is still nothing in any of my menus. no characters, worlds, mods, or mod browser.
Well, according to the op, your players and worlds need to be manually copied over to the tmodloader save folder, so do that. If you are on linux or mac, mod browser doesn't work right now.

Well, according to the op, your players and worlds need to be manually copied over to the tmodloader save folder, so do that. If you are on linux or mac, mod browser doesn't work right now.

But the thing is that I had already done that. This is a new computer but I had downloaded TModLoader only 2 or 3 days after getting it. So i've had it installed for a few months and everything was fine. Running on Windows, I had moved my characters over and they worked fine, and I had created new characters and they worked fine. Same with worlds. However as of yesterday, everything is just gone. I didn't change any files or settings or anything. I still only run it through steam on Windows 10.

upload_2017-2-6_0-10-30.png

Game crashes everytime I try to use the demon heart.

EDIT: nvm, I seemed to have missed it calling ou the mod that was causing the problem. So ignore it.

Last edited:
But the thing is that I had already done that. This is a new computer but I had downloaded TModLoader only 2 or 3 days after getting it. So i've had it installed for a few months and everything was fine. Running on Windows, I had moved my characters over and they worked fine, and I had created new characters and they worked fine. Same with worlds. However as of yesterday, everything is just gone. I didn't change any files or settings or anything. I still only run it through steam on Windows 10.
oh, might have been reverted back to vanilla by steam for some reason. And the other half of the issue might be your anti virus quarantining the tmodloader exe. Is the icon still a jungle tree, or is it a forest tree.

Yes I've looked in that folder and the players folder exists, it's empty but it's there. There's no worlds folder, the Mods folder only has another folder called Mod Packs, which is empty, and the mod sources folder is empty. the only other things in the modloader folder is a file called "config.json" and "input profiles.json"
Right, so it sounds like all of your saves have been cleared for some reason. I don't know what could cause that, but re-installing tModLoader won't fix anything, I'm afraid.

I wonder if your Worlds and players have been moved to the recycle bin somehow. Or, if you have a backup drive, you could restore your saves from that. Also, are your vanilla worlds and players still there? You could revert to those as a last resort. It's also possible that your saves have been moved somewhere else somehow. You could run a search on your entire hard drive for ".tplr" and see what comes up.

oh, might have been reverted back to vanilla by steam for some reason. And the other half of the issue might be your anti virus quarantining the tmodloader exe. Is the icon still a jungle tree, or is it a forest tree.
The problem seems to be that his player and world files have gone missing.

Back
Top Bottom