Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey all, a tModloader update with the 1.3.5 content will be a while, but as many of you have noticed, launching tModLoader v0.9.2.3 after Steam has updated Terraria to 1.3.5 doesn't work.

We have released a quick update to address this: https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5

(Windows/steam only. Read the Readme.txt. Come to the Discord if you are having trouble, it's easier to help there.)

I tried this, but Terraria opens up as 1.3.4.4, because of the terraria file that is in this folder replaces the 1.3.5.1 terraria file. If you try to not replace the 1.3.4.4 with the 1.3.5.1, Terraria states that it cannot open with a certain component. We all have to wait for the official tmodloader to update.

I need some help figuring something out. just yesterday I was playing with the modloader, but today it keeps displaying an error saying this. i dont know why
Untitled.png

Whenever I open Tmod, I get this line of code:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Any Idea how to fix it without ruining my game progress?
(It happened after I updated to 1.3.5)

Whenever I open Tmod, I get this line of code:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Any Idea how to fix it without ruining my game progress?
(It happened after I updated to 1.3.5)
Like Sasakowski said, just wait until it is updated. Tmodloader currently only supports 1.3.4.4, not 1.3.5.

The game broke lots of stuff, so we want to use this opportunity to break some stuff of our own. On top of that, I am unfortunately in a really ridiculously rough spot in life right now. I'm guessing it could take a month or two.
I'm willing to wait, but any suggestions on how to get the game back to 1.3.4.4 on steam?

The game broke lots of stuff, so we want to use this opportunity to break some stuff of our own. On top of that, I am unfortunately in a really ridiculously rough spot in life right now. I'm guessing it could take a month or two.
Recently started playing Terraria MODed and thoroughly enjoyed the work you put in for the loader. I hope what ever is going on in your life eases up! Also I look forward to the update, how ever long it takes.

v1.3.4.4

[doublepost=1492727983,1492727940][/doublepost]https://gyazo.com/825a0cdc803bdfa3c8e7d586d0a28369 This is what my terraria file looks like.
That's your Terraria version. I need to know your tModLoader version.

If you still have the download folder, that should have the version number in its name.

EDIT: Might not be around to give a follow-up answer, so I'll just leave this instead.

https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5

is there anything i can do or do i just have to wait for an update to the modloader?
jopojelly posted an update...
Hey all, a tModloader update with the 1.3.5 content will be a while, but as many of you have noticed, launching tModLoader v0.9.2.3 after Steam has updated Terraria to 1.3.5 doesn't work.

We have released a quick update to address this: https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5

(Windows/steam only. Read the Readme.txt. Come to the Discord if you are having trouble, it's easier to help there.)

This Is the error message because of 1.3.5?

If so........

Then :red:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Terraria had released 1.3.5, some of the code has been changed and added in order to support the new things like 4k resolution.
Tmodloader is unable to run due to the code being outdated, and since Terraria has changed some code for 1.3.5, it doesn't allow it to run.
The people who made Tmodloader have to find a way to run it without the error which could take alot of reworks in the coding and configs; just be patient...
Thanks a million you guys make gaming so much better for so many people I sincerely appreciate you all for staying on it and being consistent, even though it may be difficult and very time consuming we thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom