Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Yeah. Works great. In the game's menu it says 1.3.4.4 but I think it's due to the exe. you replace otherwise the game is patched and all on steam. Even updated my mods via the mod loader.

((with the version found in the OP, i'd get an error, so my game is indeed patched)

Guys read the github download page description. It says repackaging of 0.9.2.3 with compatibility files. Meaning it still runs at 1.3.4.4. Tmodloader didn't work at all when 1.3.5 came out, so they made this patch.
I can confirm it working with 1.3.5.2.
I'd assume you should get v2.

So let me get this straight, does this mean we do not gain any benefits from the latest patch? kinda like how the patch had never been installed? It's just a way to bypass the crash until they actually port it to 1.3.5.2?

also, for the modcompile and content folders, do I just delete the old ones I have and replace them with the new ones that are in the zipped folder?

ok!
[doublepost=1492895755,1492895649][/doublepost]well im unsure, because the one I have with me right now is larger but the one im going to replace with is smaller. some files that are in the one I have now are absent from the one that I have in the zipped folder.
[doublepost=1492895770][/doublepost]I just don't want to screw up my game

ok!
[doublepost=1492895755,1492895649][/doublepost]well im unsure, because the one I have with me right now is larger but the one im going to replace with is smaller. some files that are in the one I have now are absent from the one that I have in the zipped folder.
The patch folder is probably smaller because it doesn't have the content from the update.

If anything goes wrong, you can always verify your game cache to restore your game back to 1.3.5.2

how do I verify my game cache? I don't know what that means and I don't know how to do that...
[doublepost=1492896223,1492896043][/doublepost]also, do I merge the folders together or not?

how do I verify my game cache? I don't know what that means and I don't know how to do that...
If one of your steam games doesn't work, you can verify your game cache, which I believe checks over your files and replaces any corrupted / bad ones. This is to fix your game in case you mess anything up.

You can either delete the content and mod compile in your terraria folder and copy in the new one, or copy in replace. Just try it, and it'll probably work.

ok!

[doublepost=1492896223,1492896043][/doublepost]also, do I merge the folders together or not?

@EmeraldXLapis

If other members haven't posted yet and you have more to add to your post, it is better to edit your post by using the "edit" button on the bottom left of your post than to post again. It generates multiple alerts from the same person by double posting, and we don't permit double posting overall unless a fair amount of time has gone by and there is more relevant info to add to a Thread.

like i said, i install new version and main character and main world dont work, my other character and worlds do, the game will run in 1.3.4.4 while mod is installed, i uninstall it goes back to 1.3.5.2 and i can use my mains again, not sure why this is happening other than i played my main character and world with out mods in 1.3.5.2 version, and i have tried this about 10 times now with the same result everytime
Yeah, you upgraded your saves to the new file format, so they won't load on the old. I assume these weren't mod saves, since that would require you to purposefully move and overwrite them between the two save folder.

Ok so when I try to open the TmodLoader Installer with Java SE Binary, it says it cannot find the TmodLoader files. All of these files are in the are in the Terraria folder with the installer. It worked a month ago but I haven't played in awhile and now it just won't work. I'm using a steam version of Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom