Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

No, unfortunately not. Hopefully they will update tModLoader soon. You should enjoy vanilla Terraria for a while.
[doublepost=1493576556,1493576104][/doublepost]
The item ID for stone block is just "Stone". If it still does not work after you fix that, try use these lines of code and edit them to your liking. I already made changes to fit the recipe you have attempted to make.

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(null, "Stone", 10);
recipe.AddTile(null, "IronAnvil");
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}

Good luck! Hope I helped.

Um, Sorry but i wanted to create a CUSTOM RECIPE for a VANILLA ITEM
but thanks for trying!

I'm playing with mods and I want to update terraria to the current version, but idk how. Does updating it in steam also update modded terraria

It has a virus? :eek:. Ran malwarebytes scan, nothing :rolleyes:
TModLoader isn't loading. Says it can't find "Init" or something. Also, bypass download apparently has a virus in it.
is TMODLOADER Not Working for anyone else cuz it doesn't for me
I'm playing with mods and I want to update terraria to the current version, but idk how. Does updating it in steam also update modded terraria
If your steam version has updated to 1.3.5, you need to install this to continue playing tmodloader: https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3-for-v1.3.5

Any questions, read the description and the readme.txt.

@jopojelly, I have a question. I noticed that whenever I pressed a hotkey, all of my minions would disappear. I narrowed it down to the line "ModPacket packet = mod.GetPacket();", and also noticed that this would only happen in single player. Multiplayer was fine. Is this a bug, or is it just bad practice to do multiplayer-specific things in single-player?

@jopojelly, I have a question. I noticed that whenever I pressed a hotkey, all of my minions would disappear. I narrowed it down to the line "ModPacket packet = mod.GetPacket();", and also noticed that this would only happen in single player. Multiplayer was fine. Is this a bug, or is it just bad practice to do multiplayer-specific things in single-player?
I assume it's a bad idea to do that.

Does terraria have a limit on house npcs on the housing option because I already have 47 living on my world?
[doublepost=1493711058,1493710670][/doublepost]
when will the tmodloader update for 1.3.5.3 be out because vanilla terraria got boring a long time ago~:D:sigh:
a Month and that was 3 weeks ago, jopojelly said that make the new update will take a long time, so wait like everyone else on the community and dont annoy them thats the last thing you want to do believe me.

Hi. I have a Problem. I installed Tmodloader (v0.9.2.3) and some bigger like Thorium, Calamity and Tremor on Terraria 1.3.4.4. For my PC with Windows 10 all mods works but for my friend when he press the reload button this error occurs:
an error has occurred while loading Tremor.
this mod has been automatically disabled.
he has Windows 7 and he istalled the same mods and versions. Please help!

Hi. I have a Problem. I installed Tmodloader (v0.9.2.3) and some bigger like Thorium, Calamity and Tremor on Terraria 1.3.4.4. For my PC with Windows 10 all mods works but for my friend when he press the reload button this error occurs:
Instead of reloading, I usually just enable my mods, exit, and start terraria again. Sometimes I got these errors when I reloaded.

ahhh probably will have the "out of memory" error I dont know if this works but try this
1-activate the mods BUT dont reload them
2-exit terraria and launch terraria again
this work for me but i dont know if this works on windows 7, and check all the mods that you have and see if youre not having any outdated mod.

Hey, I need help. Every time I leave my world, the custom NPC I made disappears. Here is my code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Essentials.NPCs
{
public class Miner : ModNPC
{
public override bool Autoload(ref string name, ref string texture, ref string[] altTextures)
{
name = "Miner";
return mod.Properties.Autoload;
}
public override void SetDefaults()
{
npc.name = "David"; //the name displayed when hovering over the npc ingame.
npc.townNPC = true; //This defines if the npc is a town Npc or not
npc.friendly = true; //this defines if the npc can hur you or not()
npc.width = 18; //the npc sprite width
npc.height = 46; //the npc sprite height
npc.aiStyle = 7; //this is the npc ai style, 7 is Pasive Ai
npc.defense = 25; //the npc defense
npc.lifeMax = 250;// the npc life
npc.HitSound = SoundID.NPCHit1; //the npc sound when is hit
npc.DeathSound = SoundID.NPCDeath1; //the npc sound when he dies
npc.knockBackResist = 0.5f; //the npc knockback resistance
Main.npcFrameCount[npc.type] = 26; //this defines how many frames the npc sprite sheet has
NPCID.Sets.ExtraFramesCount[npc.type] = 10;
NPCID.Sets.AttackFrameCount[npc.type] = 5;
NPCID.Sets.DangerDetectRange[npc.type] = 150; //this defines the npc danger detect range
NPCID.Sets.AttackType[npc.type] = 1; //this is the attack type, 0 (throwing), 1 (shooting), or 2 (magic). 3 (melee)
NPCID.Sets.AttackTime[npc.type] = 30; //this defines the npc attack speed
NPCID.Sets.AttackAverageChance[npc.type] = 10;//this defines the npc atack chance
NPCID.Sets.HatOffsetY[npc.type] = 4; //this defines the party hat position
animationType = NPCID.Guide; //this copy the guide animation
}
public override bool CanTownNPCSpawn(int numTownNPCs, int money)
{
if (NPC.downedBoss1)
{
return true;
}
return false;
}
public override bool CheckConditions(int left, int right, int top, int bottom)
{
return true;
}
public override string TownNPCName()
{
switch (WorldGen.genRand.Next(6))
{
case 0:
return "Jack";
case 1:
return "James";
case 2:
return "David";
case 3:
return "Mike";
case 4:
return "Josh";
case 5:
return "Christopher";
default:
return "John";
}
}
public override void SetChatButtons(ref string button, ref string button2)
{
button = "Shop";
}
public override void OnChatButtonClicked(bool firstButton, ref bool openShop)
{
if (firstButton)
{
openShop = true;
}
}
public override void SetupShop(Chest shop, ref int nextSlot)
{
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.CopperOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.TinOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.IronOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.LeadOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.SilverOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.TungstenOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.GoldOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.PlatinumOre);
nextSlot++;
if (NPC.downedBoss2)
{
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.CrimtaneOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.DemoniteOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.Meteorite);
nextSlot++;
}
if (Main.hardMode)
{
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.CobaltOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.PalladiumOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.MythrilOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.OrichalcumOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.AdamantiteOre);
nextSlot++;
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.TitaniumOre);
nextSlot++;
}
if (NPC.downedPlantBoss)
{
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.ChlorophyteOre);
nextSlot++;
}
if (NPC.downedMoonlord)
{
shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ItemID.LunarOre);
nextSlot++;
}
}
public override string GetChat() //Allows you to give this town NPC a chat message when a player talks to it.
{
switch (Main.rand.Next(4)) //this are the messages when you talk to the npc
{
case 0:
return "Hello, would you like to purchase any minerals?";
case 1:
return "I sell various minerals, each with a different cost.";
case 2:
return "This is a very nice house, I have one like it at home.";
case 3:
return "How has your day been going?";
default:
return "I come from the island of A Fresh Start.";
}
}
public override void DrawTownAttackGun(ref float scale, ref int item, ref int closeness)
{
scale = 1f;
item = (ItemID.WoodenBow);
closeness = 20;
}
public override void TownNPCAttackProj(ref int projType, ref int attackDelay)
{
projType = ProjectileID.WoodenArrowFriendly;
attackDelay = 1;
}

public override void TownNPCAttackProjSpeed(ref float multiplier, ref float gravityCorrection, ref float randomOffset)
{
multiplier = 7f;
randomOffset = 4f;
}
}
}

It has a virus? :eek:. Ran malwarebytes scan, nothing :rolleyes:
Don't mean to bug you guys. But I fallowed Jopojelly's instructions. Downloaded the tmodloader 0.9.2.3 for 1.3.5. when I install and play the 0.9.2.3 steam forces Terraria to revert back to version 1.3.4.4. So I Completely uninstalled terraria vanilla and all mods. Reinstalled Vanilla Terraria, updated Vanilla Terraria, and played it to make sure. It all ran smoothly. Then I did a fresh install of the tmodloader 0.9.2.3. Again it force reverted to Terraria 1.3.4.4. not trying to complain just FYI to help with the debugging process. I know you guys work very long and hard on programming theses mods for the benefit of all! Love you guys and all the free fun you help provide!

Don't mean to bug you guys. But I fallowed Jopojelly's instructions. Downloaded the tmodloader 0.9.2.3 for 1.3.5. when I install and play the 0.9.2.3 steam forces Terraria to revert back to version 1.3.4.4. So I Completely uninstalled terraria vanilla and all mods. Reinstalled Vanilla Terraria, updated Vanilla Terraria, and played it to make sure. It all ran smoothly. Then I did a fresh install of the tmodloader 0.9.2.3. Again it force reverted to Terraria 1.3.4.4. not trying to complain just FYI to help with the debugging process. I know you guys work very long and hard on programming theses mods for the benefit of all! Love you guys and all the free fun you help provide!
Yeah I am playing on 1.3.4.4 too, this version of tmod loader is supposed to revert you back for the people who automatically updated terraria to 1.3.5. The tmod loader for that works with 1.3.5 is coming at the end of this month I think.

So, I was using this fine with the 1.3.5 fix until earlier today, but after shutting down my laptop, when I turned it back on later, TModLoader.exe tells me to launch the game from the steam client and won't play the game. But if I do that, it'll update to 1.3.5, this isn't normal, right?

I tried replacing all the things with my manual backups of the game & tmodloader, but that didn't really work. I don't wanna screw anything up by venturing into areas I'm not familiar with, could someone please help explain to me what to do to make sure I get it working again?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom