Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Well, i tried that but it just loads all the mods when im in the game and immediately crashes after the last one, and i know its not the mod itself because i removed it from the mod folder and it still crashes

Hi all,

I've put hundreds of hours into Terraria but for some reason I just the other day realized I could be having more fun with mods! (Read: this is my first attempt at using tmodloader.)

I followed the instructions by extracting the files into steamapps/common/Terraria (and backing everything up of course), but when I open Terraria, it doesn't recognize the previous characters I made. I checked in Documents/My Games/Terraria/Players, and everything is still there. Can someone help me understand what I'm doing wrong? Hoping to spend my Saturday night exploring new mods.

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is a super noobish question!

Hi all,

I've put hundreds of hours into Terraria but for some reason I just the other day realized I could be having more fun with mods! (Read: this is my first attempt at using tmodloader.)

I followed the instructions by extracting the files into steamapps/common/Terraria (and backing everything up of course), but when I open Terraria, it doesn't recognize the previous characters I made. I checked in Documents/My Games/Terraria/Players, and everything is still there. Can someone help me understand what I'm doing wrong? Hoping to spend my Saturday night exploring new mods.

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is a super noobish question!

Modded characters and worlds have their own folder(s) in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/. Regular characters will not work unless you copy them into the ModLoader folders, although you may be missing out on World Generation for Worlds if you choose to copy them over.

Modded characters and worlds have their own folder(s) in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/. Regular characters will not work unless you copy them into the ModLoader folders, although you may be missing out on World Generation for Worlds if you choose to copy them over.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm out of the house at the moment so I can't try it, but I'm sure that will fix the problem. Thanks for your help.

When version 1.3.5 still isn't out.
giphy.gif

um, can you play on a multiplayer server with TmodLoder and how come 1.3.5 still isn't out :<

Yes, but except bugs on many, if not all, mods. Mods for the most part are very difficult to optimize for Multiplayer, but it can be played on a Multiplayer Server.

Unfortunately, it actually didn't work...Terraria recognizes the characters, but the preview thumbnail is blank, and all the data is set to the initial values (health = 100, mana = 0, playtime = 00:00). I tried deleting any tmodloader-related files and starting from scratch (since there are a few items I'll want obtain to carry over to the new game), but I must be missing something because I can't get Terraria to "forget" about tmodloader.

Are there additional files I need to copy over? I moved everything in Documents/My Games/Terraria/Player (files and folders) into /ModLoader/Players. Some of the old worlds are corrupt, too (I of course wouldn't expect the new ores to have spawned, but it'd be nice to still be able to access them).

I'm sure the issue you are having, is that any worlds that are 1.3.5 won't load in tModLoader currently. tModLoader is still on 1.3.4.4, and can't load 1.3.5 at the moment :( 1.3.5 is coming soon, though!

I'm sure the issue you are having, is that any worlds that are 1.3.5 won't load in tModLoader currently. tModLoader is still on 1.3.4.4, and can't load 1.3.5 at the moment :( 1.3.5 is coming soon, though!

Keeping the worlds isn't 100% necessary for me, but I'd like to be able to play the same character. (Really I just want the Cosmic Car Keys so I don't have to run everywhere...) Any ideas on how to fix that would be appreciated! I figured out how to revert to vanilla Terraria, so at least my characters/worlds are safe. However, I'm really interested in playing some of the mods, so I hope to solve the characters problem.

Also, I've read that there are issues with multiplayer. Are the more robust mods safe for multiplayer over IP? My fiance and I are interested in Calamity especially.

I did just notice the official "tmodloader help thread," so if it's preferred that questions are asked there, let me know and I'll relocate.

Last edited:
Keeping the worlds isn't 100% necessary for me, but I'd like to be able to play the same character. (Really I just want the Cosmic Car Keys so I don't have to run everywhere...) Any ideas on how to fix that would be appreciated! I figured out how to revert to vanilla Terraria, so at least my characters/worlds are safe. However, I'm really interested in playing some of the mods, so I hope to solve the characters problem.

Also, I've read that there are issues with multiplayer. Are the more robust mods safe for multiplayer over IP? My fiance and I are interested in Calamity especially.

I did just notice the official "tmodloader help thread," so if it's preferred that questions are asked there, let me know and I'll relocate.

If you don't care about your world i suggest taking a screenshot of your inventory and use HERO's mod to spawn in your items

^^^ What he said, there is also a mod called CheatSheet that can spawn in things, as well. And as far as I know, Calamity is safe for multi, Thorium is also great for it. I've done a multi run with a friend with Thorium, there is a support/healer class that gets pretty awesome later in the game

So this is the one and only Ocean-Gem here with a few questions that id like answered *in your own time of course*
note* im obviously a Steven universe fan*
i need some help with a few things such as making...
custom wings
a custom forge
custom minions
custom sentry's
custom ores (gems ;))
custom friendly npcs
custom enemy npcs
custom weapons eg. gloves spears whips shields
custom vanity items such as gloves boots
custom mounts eg. lion, peridots big robonoid
custom buffs
*there's probably more but when i think of them ill let you guys know*
i can do the spriting as long as i have measurements and stuff this is what i have so far

Attachments

• rosessword.png
    rosessword.png
    357 bytes · Views: 143
  • lapis'wings_wings.png
    lapis'wings_wings.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 171
  • lapis' wings.png
    lapis' wings.png
    273 bytes · Views: 159
So this is the one and only Ocean-Gem here with a few questions that id like answered *in your own time of course*
note* im obviously a Steven universe fan*
i need some help with a few things such as making...
custom wings
a custom forge
custom minions
custom sentry's
custom ores (gems ;))
custom friendly npcs
custom enemy npcs
custom weapons eg. gloves spears whips shields
custom vanity items such as gloves boots
custom mounts eg. lion, peridots big robonoid
custom buffs
*there's probably more but when i think of them ill let you guys know*
i can do the spriting as long as i have measurements and stuff this is what i have so far
A good place to start getting information is the Example Mod and the tModLoader documentation (You can find links in the first post). In the Example Mod there is pretty much every thing you can do so I suggest having a look at its source code, as long as you have some basis in C# you shouldn't have any problem :happy:

im like a novice of a novice at coding
[doublepost=1496589787,1496589731][/doublepost]is it ok if i pm you questions instead of posting them here?

So it seems the problem is more significant than I thought....I closed Terraria last night (this morning) and when I open it this morning, it doesn't even recognize the new character I made last night. The /Modloader/Players folder contains the character data, Terreria just isn't recognizing it (it puts a blank character with no name and no stats which is unclickable).

Can someone please help? I can't make a new character every time I start the game. My fiance is able to still play his character he made last night, so something is wrong on my end. If I need to go to the tmodloader help thread, please let me know, but I want to get this problem fixed soon.

Edit: just made a new character (since I didn't get very far last night anyway) and I noticed that four files are created in the /ModLoader/Players folder (.plr, .tplr, .plr.bak, .tplr.bak). However, the character I created last night doesn't have any associated .bak files. Are these temporary files that are deleted after some time, or should I have four files and this is my problem? Even after closing Terraria, my new character has four files (plus the folder of course) and they haven't been deleted, but I'm not sure what would have happened to the last-night's-character's files.

Last edited:
How do i fix this(these) error(s)
c:\Users\---------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Amuletofdarkness.cs(9,24) : error CS0115: 'Unknownmod.Items.Amuletofdarkness.SetDefaults()': no suitable method found to override
c:\Users\--------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Amuletofdarkness.cs(23,24) : error CS0115: 'Unknownmod.Items.Amuletofdarkness.CanUseItem(Terraria.Player)': no suitable method found to override
c:\Users\---------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Amuletofdarkness.cs(28,24) : error CS0115: 'Unknownmod.Items.Amuletofdarkness.UseItem(Terraria.Player)': no suitable method found to override
c:\Users\-----------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Amuletofdarkness.cs(34,24) : error CS0115: 'Unknownmod.Items.Amuletofdarkness.AddRecipes()': no suitable method found to override
i have no idea how to make a summoning item for bosses
(name blocked out again for privacy)
[doublepost=1496598633,1496598503][/doublepost]
How do i fix this(these) error(s)
c:\Users\---------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Amuletofdarkness.cs(9,24) : error CS0115: 'Unknownmod.Items.Amuletofdarkness.SetDefaults()': no suitable method found to override
c:\Users\--------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Amuletofdarkness.cs(23,24) : error CS0115: 'Unknownmod.Items.Amuletofdarkness.CanUseItem(Terraria.Player)': no suitable method found to override
c:\Users\---------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Amuletofdarkness.cs(28,24) : error CS0115: 'Unknownmod.Items.Amuletofdarkness.UseItem(Terraria.Player)': no suitable method found to override
c:\Users\-----------\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Unknownmod\Items\Amuletofdarkness.cs(34,24) : error CS0115: 'Unknownmod.Items.Amuletofdarkness.AddRecipes()': no suitable method found to override
i have no idea how to make a summoning item for bosses
(name blocked out again for privacy)
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Unknownmod.Items
{
public class Amuletofdarkness
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "The Amulet Of Darkness";
item.width = 20;
item.height = 20;
item.macStack = 1;
AddTooltip("It's pulsing dark energy");
item.value = 1;
item.rare - 1;
item.useAnimation = 30;
item.useTime = 30;
itemuseStyle = 4;
item.consumable = true;
}
public override bool CanUseItem(Player player)
{
return !NPC.AnyNPCs(mod.NPCType("theeyesintheshadows"));
return !Main.dayTime;
}
public override bool UseItem(Player player)
{
NPC.SpawnOnPlayer(player.whoAmI, mod.NPCType("theeyesintheshadows"));
Main.PlaySound(15, (int)player.position.X, (int)player.position.Y, 0);
return true;
}
public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipes()
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.GoldBar, 3);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.IronBar, 2);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe():