Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hi, I'm trying to make my first mod, but I don't know anything about C#. All I want to do is an accessory that reduces the damage taken by 30% (and stacks with worm scarf), and reduces my damage by 7%. As I don't know nothing about it, could someone help me?
You can look at the Example mod and accesory or whatever shield and experiment i am pretty begginer so yea but it helped for me. ;)

Hi, i was playing Terraria and the game crash constantly (no logs) and only receive: Terraria.exe stop working. the only big mod that i have is Calamity

You can look at the Example mod and accesory or whatever shield and experiment i am pretty begginer so yea but it helped for me. ;)
I've tried it but I didn't see anything about damage reduction (maybe because my english isn't so good)

If you know how and isn't a problem to you, could you give the code I should use to make percentage reduction instead of giving the item defense?

Last edited:
I've tried it but I didn't see anything about damage reduction (maybe because my english isn't so good)

If you know how and isn't a problem to you, could you give the code I should use to make percentage reduction instead of giving the item defense?
Well i am in mod production at the moment so maybe i will try to help you but idk

After updating to tmodloader 0.10.0.1, do I have to change all instances of item.name = "text"; into DisplayName.SetDefault("text"); and change item.tooltip = "text"; into Tooltip.SetDefault("text"); ? I have 30 items in my mod. Do I have to change all of that or is there a shorter alternative?

After updating to tmodloader 0.10.0.1, do I have to change all instances of item.name = "text"; into DisplayName.SetDefault("text"); and change item.tooltip = "text"; into Tooltip.SetDefault("text"); ? I have 30 items in my mod. Do I have to change all of that or is there a shorter alternative?
You must change all

Well? Thanks i guess but this wasnt for me so yea xd
oh sorry XD

in the vanilla code of the worm scarf is standing this "this.endurance += 0.17f;" in "public void UpdateEquips(int i)"

"you are not using the same version as the server"

all my mods are updated as long as the latest version of Terraria and TModLoader
I believe that means that the version of tModLoader is different. If you have the latest version, then the server is probably running an older version.

hey can i get some help getting mods to run?
Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
it says im running terraria 1.3.5.2 in the corner.
this error happens if i try to run calamity or thorium.

Last edited:
can anyone tell me how to get tModLoader?
on the first page of this post there is a group of links on the left side of the page under downloads.
"Once your download is complete, you should have a zipped folder. Unzip this folder. Open the extracted folder and copy all the contents to your Terraria's Steam folder. You may wish to back-up your vanilla Terraria.exe file first. More detailed instructions are in the README file included with the download."

hey can i get some help getting mods to run?
Failed to resolve assembly: 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
it says im running terraria 1.3.5.2 in the corner.
this error happens if i try to run calamity or thorium.

this error got fixed by renaming your terraria back to terraria.exe

Back
Top Bottom