Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

i on mac too. i just downloaded new version , opened it , and all works just fine.
what do you mean opened it? Did you just download it and that's it? ._.
[doublepost=1499531752,1499531457][/doublepost]Lol nvm I just found out how to do it xD
It's much easier then what i thought :p

I don't know if it's really just my computer because I haven't changed it in years, but I've only been able to run about half as many mods without crashing the application ever since I've updated from v0.9 to v0.10. It's not really that major of a problem because the mods keep updating with new content and stuff, but this problem takes a fair bit of the fun away. Am I the only one experiencing this?

can someone help me with this problem it occurs when i try to join multiplayer?
this is the log:
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Update(GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Just updated. Everytime I start it up and it gets to Loading Mods it dies, generally on the last mod. Windows says Terraria has stopped working. Is there anyway to stop it from loading mods or anything? i've tried deleting and re-installing, gettin rid of the entire documents terraria folder etc... but for some reason it keeps trying to load mods.

When it says Loading mod for the last mod, it causes the Terraria has stopped working to appear.
It only does that when loading the mods that I created in mod sources.
How do I fix it so I can use the mod I created?

Last edited:
Hey i hope this helps but my problem was that i had some outdated mods enabled and when i turned it off it worked fine.If it doesn't work can you please tell me if the game crashes when you open your inventory?Hope this helps ,and if it doesn't good luck fixing it :).
[doublepost=1499401055,1499400937][/doublepost]

Hey i hope this helps but my problem was that i had some outdated mods enabled and when i turned it off it worked fine.If it doesn't work can you please tell me if the game crashes when you open your inventory?Hope this helps ,and if it doesn't good luck fixing it :).

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I did update all the mods I was using even the ones I wasn't using on the specific world I was on and it seemed to work as the boss I usually timed out on didn't time out this time so I hope it is fixed but I only tested it once so it isn't confirmed. But either way it seemed to have worked from your advice so thank you. :D

Hey guys, I just updated from 0.9.2.3 directly to 0.10.0.2, downloaded a few new small mods and updated all my mods from 0.9.2.3 to 0.10.0.2 in the modbrowser.
I then enabled these and quit/restarted tmodloader. None of the old (but updated) mods enabled (Calamity, Bluemagic's, Thorium, etc.) but some of the newly-downloaded mods DID enable (Cute Nimbus Mount, Rainbow Rain, etc.)

Should I clear my mods folder completely and delete any mod configs and then try again? I'm assuming that mods that have been updated for 0.10.0.2 will not work with 0.10.0.1, if I try that version?

[edit]

Ok, the problem was: I renamed the Terraria.exe to tModLoader.exe to stay organized. Renaming it back to Terraria.exe allowed every mod to now load.

Last edited:
I have 5 questions.

1. How do i remove the persistant lighting of the tiles on the example solution's clentaminator spray?
(better explained with the link: https://gyazo.com/17ca36eebe76c1cab7555f6b8e94e63c)

2. What is the TileID.Sets.Conversion.[blank] for dirt?

3. What is the new hook and its variables for armor effects(the trail, pulse, etc)

4. How do i make a biome akin to the Hallow?
by that i mean how do i make it generate in my world after the WoF is defeated

5. How do i make biome specific NPCs for the biome mentioned above

Last edited:
Screenshot 2017-07-09 20.12.16.png

Whenever I play, the game suddenly crashes and this screen pops up. Can someone tell me what is happening and how to fix it?

Can mods uninstall themselves? Had to reinstall tremor remastered for some strange reason. Was creating multiple worlds in a row and went to adjust installed mods and noticed it had disapeared out of the blue with no error messages or crashes at all... Stranger yet the last world I generated contains the Glacier Biome from TMR

KIRBY I KNOW EXACTLY WHATS GOING ON. One of the mods/ applications on your computer use the SAME STORAGE. There is no other way that it would be invalid. This happens when memory gets corrupt to the point of computer-killing, someone WIPES the computer, and you bought it. Otherwise, one of the applications on your computer is malware/venomware.

On a lighter note, it could also be that the game says: "Woah woah. what the :red:. what the hell. what chu do to me? the :red: you put inside me R-A-P-E stahp. whatever this is is going to go to hell. WOAH GOD WHATTHE:red:OKAYWHATIDOWHATHAPPEN" which means that the game has no idea what one of the corrupt files are doing there, and as they dont do anything, to terminate them. this in cause, if it is a "core" file, will make the game terminate itself and its processes. as the game is corrupt, this wont happen and it will cease to exist on your computer unless you will it back
[doublepost=1499662298,1499662176][/doublepost]
KIRBY I KNOW EXACTLY WHATS GOING ON. One of the mods/ applications on your computer use the SAME STORAGE. There is no other way that it would be invalid. This happens when memory gets corrupt to the point of computer-killing, someone WIPES the computer, and you bought it. Otherwise, one of the applications on your computer is malware/venomware.

On a lighter note, it could also be that the game says: "Woah woah. what the :red:. what the hell. what chu do to me? the :red: you put inside me R-A-P-E stahp. whatever this is is going to go to hell. WOAH GOD WHATTHE:red:OKAYWHATIDOWHATHAPPEN" which means that the game has no idea what one of the corrupt files are doing there, and as they dont do anything, to terminate them. this in cause, if it is a "core" file, will make the game terminate itself and its processes. as the game is corrupt, this wont happen and it will cease to exist on your computer unless you will it back
or that steam just jumped out the window

Can mods uninstall themselves? Had to reinstall tremor remastered for some strange reason. Was creating multiple worlds in a row and went to adjust installed mods and noticed it had disapeared out of the blue with no error messages or crashes at all... Stranger yet the last world I generated contains the Glacier Biome from TMR
had the same thing happen with Enigma. you should use it by the by

Greetings. Is it possible to make weapon shoot two or three different projectiles at once? I wanted to create sword that shoots Meowmere, Star Wrath and Horseman's Blade projectiles at once.

It seems in v 0.10.0.2, the current version, that if I reload mods that are already enabled, by disabling them and reenabling them the amount of memory my game uses increase until it crashes. I've got 8 gb installed and I noticed my game crashed when it was using over 3gb. That is a lot for Terraria. I've got about 8 mods installed so that could be an issue, but on previous versions I've never had this issue.

It's a huge issue for me because I'm currently in the middle of play through I've been waiting to record more episodes for and all the mods I'm using have finally been updated for the current verions and I can't get a consistent framerate. I can't even get 60 for that matter, it just hovers around 57-58. It's annoying and I don't know how to fix it. My PC can handle the game just fine at 1080, probably even 1440p or 4k.

i5 6500
rx 480 4gb
8gb ram

Game is running on an SSD as well and I'm recording to an HDD.

EDIT: A fix, althought it may only be temporary, was simply uninstalling Terraria and reinstalling it and tmodloader. Game is still using over 2gb of ram, but isn't laggy or using any more ram than it has been for the past 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Hm... Memory usage. So this is why my Terraria keeps randomly crashing? 4 GB DDR2 here.

And @Myth , god, THANK YOU for showing these guys I'm not the only one having this problem.

VERY IMPORTANT
If you put DisplayName.SetDefault("text"); and Tooltip.SetDefault("text"); in the brackets for
public override void SetDefaults() instead of public override void SetStaticDefaults(), it will cause the message Terraria has stopped working to appear and close the game without any error message or crash log.
You do not want to get stuck here not knowing what to do for many days.

Greetings. Is it possible to make weapon shoot two or three different projectiles at once? I wanted to create sword that shoots Meowmere, Star Wrath and Horseman's Blade projectiles at once.
Quite definitely, you can call Projectile.NewProjectile three times (in the Shoot() method), one for each of these projectiles.. and return false so it doesn't do the default fire.

Quite definitely, you can call Projectile.NewProjectile three times (in the Shoot() method), one for each of these projectiles.. and return false so it doesn't do the default fire.

Thanks for info! Would you also show me example code of it? I would be very happy.

Hey guys, I have a question. I'm really new to this modding thing with Terraria. I am currently playing modded with one of my friends. We have gotten past Moon Lord so far. Before we started that playthrough I discovered some sort of glitch that made my world have invisible blocks such as trees and my buildings. I believe this is because I added or got rid of a mod or two that I had enabled. I'm not sure if this is just a common bug or if it's really rare. I am bringing this up because I wish to add more mods to my multiplayer world but am very scared of corrupting it again and having to restart. Does anyone know if it is truly safe for me to add more mods or delete them?

Back
Top Bottom