Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

This is a good way of thought. Besides, competition is healthy.

Well I'm not necessarily looking to compete with them!

Kind of like with my other mod, I'm just looking at creating really small, standalone things that add some significant QoL value. I'd publish it as I think it's working but currently the sprite is just a white box!

Well I'm not necessarily looking to compete with them!

Kind of like with my other mod, I'm just looking at creating really small, standalone things that add some significant QoL value. I'd publish it as I think it's working but currently the sprite is just a white box!
That is not what I meant. More or less: if you did mean to compete; competition is healthy. :)

Screenshot_185.png

Failing to load not only MP3 but some images.

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Project_Logic.DATACORE.DataCore.Initialize()
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Along with that, I can't load any worlds as they just say that the load failed and that there is no backup when there is. Maybe it has something to do with having 44 mods enabled? (EDIT: Now 47) I do have 32 GB ram though...

My characters also keep randomly changing to the default settings with no armor or accessories with a Calamity Mod error button as shown here.

Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
at CalamityMod.CalamityPlayer.LoadLegacy(BinaryReader reader)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.PlayerIO.LoadLegacyModData(Player player, BinaryReader reader)

Along with crashing the game, albeit with tModloader's crash handler.

Also, it seems like tModloader likes to have very frequent framedrops.

...and crashes.

McTBwXz.png

Seems like a lot of OutOfMemory exceptions. How do I allocate more RAM to Terraria in a way that isn't using task manager and setting more priority?

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue
View attachment 175986
Failing to load not only MP3 but some images.
Please help I've been having trouble when loading mods some fail to load mp3 files
I suspect there's a memory leak somewhere, we just haven't found it. These are out of memory errors, to 'fix' you need to restart tML. This will clear and reallocate memory.
The installer doesn't seem to work when the game is placed on a non-standart drive letter such as E:\
That is correct, that's when you need to do a manual install. The installer is quite basic, I actually recommend not using it.

After the 0.10 ıupdate and onwards every time when I try to open the game it says it is "missing the entry point named 'Init' in DLL 'CSteamworks'.". The previous versions work just fine but every update after 0.10 gives me this message. Is there a fix for this? I could upload a picture of the error message if that would help.

After the 0.10 ıupdate and onwards every time when I try to open the game it says it is "missing the entry point named 'Init' in DLL 'CSteamworks'.". The previous versions work just fine but every update after 0.10 gives me this message. Is there a fix for this? I could upload a picture of the error message if that would help.
Read the readme. You need to fully uninstall Terraria, then reinstall vanilla, then reinstall tModloader.
Hey whenever i enable/disable mods i get this error it happend after i updated some mods
9dd4af62c9664c0911b9cddcea467ed8.png
Make sure to unblock the tML .zip after it's downloaded (right click -> properties -> bottom)
Also, /OneDrive/ seems like an odd place to write to.

...is anyone gonna help me?

Unless you're running on Linux and starting the game with the 64 bit .bin file then all that ram your computer has doesn't matter. Terraria is a 32 bit program and can only recognize and use 4 gigs of ram. You're adding so many mods you're running out of the 4 gigs of ram the game can use. You can try shutting down everything you can while the game is running but you're probably going to have to trim some mods.

I've been having trouble actually downloading Tmodloader because every time i try to install it in my files it just brings me back to the website and re download it. It is not opening up anything and I have had this before so can you please help me with this, Also I got a brand new computer so is that the problem?

Sometimes I try to host a multiplayer world but it stays on the "starting server..." screen forever. Is there a fix to this or do I need to wait for the next update? I know its not my mods because I played with my friend who had the exact same mods as I had. I also tried making new worlds and the same thing happened. Please help.

I'm hoping that there will be a new tmodloader update coming out soon, as my problems with terraria are only getting WORSE... It started out just as "memory" problems, which i know i shouldn't be having as i have 24 gb of memory, and progressed to... points where the game just starts lagging every few seconds... and now... the game just randomly crashes now... with NO error report... nothing telling me WHY it crashed... its just... it runs fine. and then poof... its gone... along with all my progress for around maybe an hour.

Back
Top Bottom