Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

the migration guide has no information about buffs, are the changes to buff names the same as the ones to item names?
Yeah, https://github.com/blushiemagic/tModLoader/blob/master/ExampleMod/Buffs/CarMount.cs
[doublepost=1504894674,1504894638][/doublepost]
Ok how does one install Tmodloader to a stand alone server?
First install the standalone Terraria server, then place the tmodloader files in the same folder and run the tmodloaderserver file.

Hey I'm trying to get a tmodloader server running on my linux (Debian) server but i keep getting this error when i try to launch it

Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Terraria.Main' from assembly 'Ter                                                                           raria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at Terraria.LinuxLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00038] in <85546c4a76e0                                                                           492cbc945f6425078a2a>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type                                                                            'Terraria.Main' from assembly 'Terraria, Version=1.3.5.1, Culture=neutral, Publ                                                                           icKeyToken=null'.
  at Terraria.LinuxLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00038] in <85546c4a76e0                                                                           492cbc945f6425078a2a>:0

When using sudo mono tModLoaderServer.exe
any ideas on how i can fix this?

:(so i duplicated my modded terraria files to test the update on, when i tested it, a windows 10 alert message *not a tab, the message box was like the ones that pop up asking for an update* and it said something like "your pc is at risk, will not attempt launching program" or something like that. I'm not sure why this is happening cause i've updated tmodloader multiple times and it never acted like this. The terraria file i tested on wont load and I think it may have gotten corrupt durring the update, i'm just glad i test out the updates on a copy of my game before trying it on the main game cause I think I would have lost all my game data if i had tried on my main game. :sigh:

1) Yes
2) There hasn't been an official modding api
I know that there is no official mod API currently, but it was planned to be released with 1.3 and not long before the release of 1.3, Relogic delayed it. Ever since that, I haven't heard about the topic. That's why I asked.

Anyways, it sounds good enough for me, as literally everything was removed, purged and deleted from the official Terraria wiki in regard of the upcoming official mod API. I guess it got cancelled...

Thanks for the answers!

I know how stupid this may sound, someone knows how to fix the problem that on my server with mods there is always the error "connection failed" when someone joins?
Thanks for reading

I know that there is no official mod API currently, but it was planned to be released with 1.3 and not long before the release of 1.3, Relogic delayed it. Ever since that, I haven't heard about the topic. That's why I asked.

Anyways, it sounds good enough for me, as literally everything was removed, purged and deleted from the official Terraria wiki in regard of the upcoming official mod API. I guess it got cancelled...

Thanks for the answers!
Most likely it was their end plan for the game, but they decided to update it for longer. All we know is that official mod support is their end route, somewhere along the time Terraria 2.0 is the topic.

Edit the enabled.json file in a text editor:"?:\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\enabled.json"

I'm having this trouble too. I know the file you speak of but am not sure what I should edit.

If I hold shift down I can get to the game but all of the mods say reload required. Reloading Mods will again crash the game. I had just done a fresh install of tmodloader if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
I turned the installer into a text file with editor an accident , any way to fix it or am I screwed?
1) how did you turn the installer into a text file by accident?
2) even if you can't just turn it back into a jar file you can just manually install tmodloader or redownload the zip file

I've been trying to make my own mod for a while now, and I still can't get it to work... I'm using the mod skeleton, but whenever I load it up, without changing it, it always breaks.

This is what it says:

Items/TutorialSword
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModItem.AutoStaticDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I've been looking for help everywhere, but I can't find help.

I've been trying to make my own mod for a while now, and I still can't get it to work... I'm using the mod skeleton, but whenever I load it up, without changing it, it always breaks.

This is what it says:

Items/TutorialSword
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModItem.AutoStaticDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I've been looking for help everywhere, but I can't find help.
When this error comes up, click the Web Help button on the error screen, it'll lead you to an explanation of how classname, folder structure, and namespaces relate to facilitate autoloading textures.

I'm having this trouble too. I know the file you speak of but am not sure what I should edit.

If I hold shift down I can get to the game but all of the mods say reload required. Reloading Mods will again crash the game. I had just done a fresh install of tmodloader if that makes any difference.
That means that one or more mods are crashing your game. Disable all mods, then enable them one at a time to find out which one's causing the crash. Then either get a new version of that mod, or do without it all together.

I have a problem whenever i try to upgrade any mod this shows

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu (4).png
    Zrzut ekranu (4).png
    461.6 KB · Views: 255
Back
Top Bottom