Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey. I have encountered a sudden error. There have been no extra mods updated, or uploaded. It wasn't like this last night when I made a world, and just an hour ago, it wasn't doing it either, I just didn't like the layout of the world I made. It's SUPER strange. I keep trying to screenshot it but I just can't seem to do it. All I catch is chest not next to something, "ohai" and the peculiarity mod. Which was not updated. Which worked earlier. I have no idea what's going on.
[doublepost=1519702613,1519702037][/doublepost]Finally was able to catch a shot. here:
2018-02-26 (8).png

Hi guys, I want to run tModLoader server on my Raspberry Pi (Model 3B, decent specs for a miniature computer) but both Terraria and tModLoader fail after running with mono with
System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
I would've given up at this point, but i found guides with people getting at least Terraria working.

I was able to get tshock at least to the world creation menu, I didn't bother running further because at least it launched.

Is there any way I can run this? I would love to be able to have a 24/7 server for drop-in/out, but we are already used to mods so that's a must

PS:
full error from above:
Code:
 $ mono tModLoaderServer.exe

Unhandled Exception:
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Terraria.WindowsLaunch.SetConsoleCtrlHandler(Terraria.WindowsLaunch/HandlerRoutine,bool)
  at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0003a] in <7a194bf0cdee42569ef6609413c717bf>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Terraria.WindowsLaunch.SetConsoleCtrlHandler(Terraria.WindowsLaunch/HandlerRoutine,bool)
  at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0003a] in <7a194bf0cdee42569ef6609413c717bf>:0
tried linux version, result:
Code:

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Terraria.Main:_currentWantedZoomMatrix' (66) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'FNA, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:FNA, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
  at Terraria.LinuxLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00038] in <89d8ce7ca04a48eeb4c10f45ef506044>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Terraria.Main:_currentWantedZoomMatrix' (66) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'FNA, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:FNA, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
  at Terraria.LinuxLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00038] in <89d8ce7ca04a48eeb4c10f45ef506044>:0
tshock working:
Code:
 $ mono TerrariaServer.exe

TerrariaAPI Version: 2.1.0.0 (Protocol v1.3.5.3 (194), OTAPI 1.3.5.3)
TShock 4.3.25.0 (Mintaka) now running.
AutoSave Enabled
Backups Disabled
Welcome to TShock for Terraria. Initialization complete.
[Server API] Info Plugin TShock v4.3.25.0 (by The TShock Team) initiated.
Terraria Server v1.3.5.3

n       New World
d <number>Delete World

Choose World:

So I have problems with my modded sound effects. Every time I reload my mod something like this pops up:

20180227_202725.jpg

Trust me, everything is good with coding of sound effects and it loaded the mod without fail like a day ago.

Hi guys, I want to run tModLoader server on my Raspberry Pi (Model 3B, decent specs for a miniature computer) but both Terraria and tModLoader fail after running with mono with
I would've given up at this point, but i found guides with people getting at least Terraria working.

I was able to get tshock at least to the world creation menu, I didn't bother running further because at least it launched.

Is there any way I can run this? I would love to be able to have a 24/7 server for drop-in/out, but we are already used to mods so that's a must

PS:
full error from above:
Code:

Unhandled Exception:
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
tried linux version, result:
Code:

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Terraria.Main:_currentWantedZoomMatrix' (66) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'FNA, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:FNA, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Terraria.Main:_currentWantedZoomMatrix' (66) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'FNA, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:FNA, Version=17.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
tshock working:
Code:
 $ mono TerrariaServer.exe

TerrariaAPI Version: 2.1.0.0 (Protocol v1.3.5.3 (194), OTAPI 1.3.5.3)
TShock 4.3.25.0 (Mintaka) now running.
AutoSave Enabled
Backups Disabled
Welcome to TShock for Terraria. Initialization complete.
[Server API] Info Plugin TShock v4.3.25.0 (by The TShock Team) initiated.
Terraria Server v1.3.5.3

n       New World
d <number>Delete World

Choose World:
So I have problems with my modded sound effects. Every time I reload my mod something like this pops up:

View attachment 194882

Trust me, everything is good with coding of sound effects and it loaded the mod without fail like a day ago.
Plug in headphones

v0.10.1.3
-Fix Mod Browser Downloads to some extent
-Fix a Linux Texture loading crash
-Fix Publish Mod corrupting .tmod files
-Fix Hash Mismatch error while joining MP server
-Fix SyncEquipment for mod data
-Fixed reforge losing mod data again
-Fixed being able to see the divider through icons in the browser
-Fixed not being able to set a ModPrefix Category (without reflection)
-Added CanRoll and RollChance to ModPrefix. You can change your RollChance to influence how often your ModPrefix is rolled. See the documentation for more details.
-Chat tags now support mod data on items, including ModPrefix
-Added To/From Base64 for items in ItemIO
-ModPrefix changed quit a bit (including fixes), check with ExampleMod again if you are using ModPrefix
-Translations
--Italian

I'm having an issue and have looked everywhere for answers, it's in the newest release from yesterday as well as the one before it. Has to do (i think) with the config.json file becoming corrupt everytime I change my keybindings. I am using a steam controller and ONLY when I run steam in big picture mode and use my controller will the config.json file corrupt. It does not corrupt when I edit my keybindings for the keyboard and by running steam out of big picture mode. What happens is I launch, get the Re-Logic screen, and then it turns black and stops responding. Many people have had this same thing happen to them, but I think there may be multiple causes.

For me.. what seems to cause it is changing my keybindings for the controller I'm using > in big picture mode(cant use controller outside of BP mode) > with latest tmodloader files patched in/installed.

After it happens I can't play until I verify integrity of game files and re-patch/install tmodloader and do everything over again. I have all my worlds/players/mods saved externally. I think maybe has something to do with the config file generated by the tmodloader doesn't know how to handle the controller? even tho it lets me fully map out my controls for that time when im playing, I just wont be able to relaunch terraria after I close it again.

P.S. the release dates of your last two newest releases still appear to read as if from 2017

When I try to change my keybindings, it just turns into "none" and the game kinda freezes, the background moves but I can't click anything, PLZ HELP I CANR PLAY WITH REGULAR TERRARIA CONTROLS

Help Im trying to make a mod but when I go to test it it says:

c:\Users\mikey\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\BetterToolsMod\Items\Weapons\WoodenLongsword.cs(33,4) : error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'Terraria.ModLoader.ModRecipe.AddIngredient(int, int)' has some invalid arguments

c:\Users\mikey\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\BetterToolsMod\Items\Weapons\WoodenLongsword.cs(33,25) : error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'string' to 'int'

c:\Users\mikey\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\BetterToolsMod\Items\Weapons\WoodenLongsword.cs(34,4) : error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'Terraria.ModLoader.ModRecipe.AddTile(int)' has some invalid arguments

c:\Users\mikey\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\BetterToolsMod\Items\Weapons\WoodenLongsword.cs(34,19) : error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'string' to 'int'

Code:
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace BetterToolsMod.Items.Weapons
{
    public class WoodenLongsword : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetStaticDefaults()
        {
            Tooltip.SetDefault("Stronger than a regular wood sword");
        }

public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.damage = 14;
            item.melee = true;
            item.width = 24;
            item.height = 24;
            item.useTime = 18;
            item.useAnimation = 18;
            item.useStyle = 1;
            item.knockBack = 5;
            item.value = 100;
            item.rare = 1;
            item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
            item.autoReuse = true;
        }

public override void AddRecipes()
        {
            ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
            recipe.AddIngredient("Wood", 30);
            recipe.AddTile("TileID.WorkBenches");
            recipe.SetResult(this);
            recipe.AddRecipe();
        }

}
}

Help Im trying to make a mod but when I go to test it it says:

c:\Users\mikey\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\BetterToolsMod\Items\Weapons\WoodenLongsword.cs(33,4) : error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'Terraria.ModLoader.ModRecipe.AddIngredient(int, int)' has some invalid arguments

c:\Users\mikey\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\BetterToolsMod\Items\Weapons\WoodenLongsword.cs(33,25) : error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'string' to 'int'

c:\Users\mikey\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\BetterToolsMod\Items\Weapons\WoodenLongsword.cs(34,4) : error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'Terraria.ModLoader.ModRecipe.AddTile(int)' has some invalid arguments

c:\Users\mikey\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\BetterToolsMod\Items\Weapons\WoodenLongsword.cs(34,19) : error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'string' to 'int'

Code:
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace BetterToolsMod.Items.Weapons
{
    public class WoodenLongsword : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetStaticDefaults()
        {
            Tooltip.SetDefault("Stronger than a regular wood sword");
        }

public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.damage = 14;
            item.melee = true;
            item.width = 24;
            item.height = 24;
            item.useTime = 18;
            item.useAnimation = 18;
            item.useStyle = 1;
            item.knockBack = 5;
            item.value = 100;
            item.rare = 1;
            item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
            item.autoReuse = true;
        }

public override void AddRecipes()
        {
            ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
            recipe.AddIngredient("Wood", 30);
            recipe.AddTile("TileID.WorkBenches");
            recipe.SetResult(this);
            recipe.AddRecipe();
        }

}
}
I don't know where you saw to do recipes that way, you should stick to the guides we make: https://github.com/blushiemagic/tModLoader/wiki/Basic-Recipes

I'm thinking of making a mod of a terraria story plot i made with a custom mod engine for thing that probably cant with the mod loader sort of like super terraria world or n terraria but since ive never had any experience with mod making... so the full release might come out by some time in 2019 i will releases a beta weapons and bosses add on for t mod for boss ideas, biomes ores, npcs etc. suggestions will be nice for those ideas i will take tips for modding engine building etc.
one more thing when the mod is complete for the true ending your gonna have to beat the final boss with a character that has killed all the bosses in

And the bosses in my mod when full release is made
on hardcore death mode(calamity)
(speaking of calamity the devouror of gods is gonna be induced in the story)
dieing during the fight will trigger a bad ending cutsence and a taunt message from the final boss

JohnTerraria

Currently on v0.10.1.3 of tModloader, seems to be giving me some issues. The attached error appears whenever I reload mods and then attempt to open Single Player (bringing up the character select menu). This has never happened before, but since v0.10.1.2 it's been consistent. Is there some sort of workaround?

Additionally, UpdateMusic seems to no longer work for me. The code is untouched from the previous version used with v0.10.1.1, but since v0.10.1.2 my custom music mod has stopped working. How do you set the music and priority in the current version?

Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
public override void UpdateMusic(ref int music, ref MusicPriority priority)
{
       if(Main.myPlayer != -1 && !Main.gameMenu)
       {
              if(some other conditions)
              {
                     music = GetSoundSlot(SoundType.Music, "musicfilename");
              }
       }
}

Attachments

• terraria error.jpg
    terraria error.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 308
Keep getting this error when trying to make a new singleplayer world since my characters always randomly get deleted or lost

The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
at CritSounds.CheckModSounds.Initialize()
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Not sure what this means, major noob here I just like playing Terraria.

I tried to create a modpack in the newest version, however it's claiming the modpack is missing three mods. These were all mods I had downloaded and used at one time but have long since deleted or are simply not enabled when making the modpack. I checked over my mod files to see if something got left in by mistake but I couldn't locate any residual files.

Currently on v0.10.1.3 of tModloader, seems to be giving me some issues. The attached error appears whenever I reload mods and then attempt to open Single Player (bringing up the character select menu). This has never happened before, but since v0.10.1.2 it's been consistent. Is there some sort of workaround?

Additionally, UpdateMusic seems to no longer work for me. The code is untouched from the previous version used with v0.10.1.1, but since v0.10.1.2 my custom music mod has stopped working. How do you set the music and priority in the current version?

Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
public override void UpdateMusic(ref int music, ref MusicPriority priority)
{
       if(Main.myPlayer != -1 && !Main.gameMenu)
       {
              if(some other conditions)
              {
                     music = GetSoundSlot(SoundType.Music, "musicfilename");
              }
       }
}
You have to set the priority, see examplemod
[doublepost=1520049366,1520049335][/doublepost]
Keep getting this error when trying to make a new singleplayer world since my characters always randomly get deleted or lost

The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
at CritSounds.CheckModSounds.Initialize()
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Not sure what this means, major noob here I just like playing Terraria.
You'll have to disable that CritSounds mod until he figures it out.
[doublepost=1520049416][/doublepost]
I tried to create a modpack in the newest version, however it's claiming the modpack is missing three mods. These were all mods I had downloaded and used at one time but have long since deleted or are simply not enabled when making the modpack. I checked over my mod files to see if something got left in by mistake but I couldn't locate any residual files.
That's just a tiny bug, just delete the enabled.json file in the Terraria/ModLoader/Mods folder and then launch tmodloader.

I'm having problems on MacOS. When I start the game it just shows a black screen after the re-logic logo and a beachball, completely frozen. It works fine one time out of 20. I've reinstalled the game completely multiple times and very few times does it work. And if I close the game if it worked it doesn't work a second time. What can I do to help fix this? I don't get a log because I have to force quit the game, it doesn't crash.

On MacOS 10.13.3, made sure steam, terraria and java is updated. Terraria works fine without tmodloader. I've tried removing config.json but it doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom