Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Trying to install tModLoader for the first time, but I'm getting some problems.

First up, the .jar executable tell me that it "Could not find place to install to!". So I do the next step from the README file and manually extracted the entire .zip into my terraria folder. (Mine is located on my D: drive)

But when I copied all the files, it asked me if I wanted to rewrite the terraria.exe with the one from the .zip file. I clicked Yes, but it then gives me an error code that says:

C:\Users\BUSH\Desktop\tModLoader.Windows.v0.8.3.5.zip: Cannot create D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
! Access is denied.

Anyone got any ideas? If it's just that tModLoader hasn't been updated yet, I'll wait, but if it's something else I'll take any advice.
(might just be that I'm stupid)

First backup/copy to a new directory what is currently in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\ to say D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria_old\. Then make sure that you are administrator on the operating system, Windows at guess. One way to check is to try making a new folder in the directory that you are trying to write to if it give you a similar error then come back as administrator or have your administrator change the permissions on the directory so that you can write to it.

Last edited:
I am on a Mac. I am trying to run a Terraria world for my friends, but a number of mods just would not start.

Further testing showed that some mods would basically become disabled for no apparent reason. Sometimes the mod loader would claim that a mod was written for the wrong version, or was enumerating collections improperly; sometimes they just disabled.

While trying to track this down, I wound up disabling all mods, and then trying to work with just the mod loader and nothing else.

Trying to go to the list of modpacks crashed, with this message in the error logfile

Code:
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException (System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x0000b] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[T].MoveNextRare () [0x00016] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[T].MoveNext () [0x00050] in <1170fb08300b4d0db71c1d1db8555768>:0
  at Terraria.GameContent.UI.Elements.UIList+UIInnerList.DrawChildren (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x00097] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x000c5] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x00016] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x000c5] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x00016] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIModPacks.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch) [0x00000] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime time) [0x0000e] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x0581e] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.Main.do_Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x03adb] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0
  at Terraria.Main.DoDraw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00000] in <7195c050d4864dbc99c957f98a3d2dcb>:0

Is this running into a Mac specific bug? It doesn't seem to be affecting PC games/hosts. Alternatively, was the previous version more stable on Macs, and if so, how do I download that one?

Hi! I've been playing with friends a lot lately, and I've come across a minor nuisance when playing different mods in singleplayer and multiplayer. A small feature that would help GREATLY would be adding a setting to allow for mods synced to other players to automatically disable when leaving the server. Just a suggestion. Keep up the great work! :)

how do i make a custom Cloak ? do i need to make 2 .cs and .png Front and Back
and how do i make my custom Cloak have flying properties ?

This is my code:

namespace "BlahBlah".Items.Accessories.Cloaks
{
[AutoloadEquip(EquipType.Front)]
public class "BlahBlah": ModItem
{
public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
DisplayName.SetDefault("BlahBlah");
}
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.width = 30;
item.height = 34;
item.value = 10;
item.rare = 11;
item.accessory = true;
}
public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.noKnockback = true;
player.lifeRegen = 100;
player.wingTimeMax = 150;
}
/////////////////////////////////////////////
public override void VerticalWingSpeeds(Player player, ref float ascentWhenFalling, ref float ascentWhenRising,
ref float maxCanAscendMultiplier, ref float maxAscentMultiplier, ref float constantAscend)
{
ascentWhenFalling = 0.85f;
ascentWhenRising = 0.15f;
maxCanAscendMultiplier = 1f;
maxAscentMultiplier = 3f;
constantAscend = 0.135f;
}
/////////////////////////////////////////////
public override void HorizontalWingSpeeds (Player player, ref float speed, ref float acceleration)
{
speed = 9f;
acceleration *= 2.5f;
}
public override void AddRecipes()
{ //this is how to craft this item
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.DirtBlock, 1);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}

}
}

There is no error .. it just doesn't have the flying properties ...
and i'm asking if i need to make 2 .png is because this is what happened
upload_2018-5-22_16-14-32.png

and also i'm new to this site so i don't really know how to make a Spoiler thingy ..

Hey uh, when tmodloader updates that means all mods have to update or else it crashes?
Just saying cause i updated tmodloader and calamity and it crashes on the loading screen.
Edit:Deleted all folders and reinstalled, now its loading mods again
But once i try to create a world, it either crashes or says im out of memory, some months ago i could create with the same mods and play it, i have 8GB of Ram, so i'm not sure what's happening, my task manager also shows Terraria is barely eating anything with the mods loaded, i've always had this trouble too where it really slows the game or makes it lag or can crash but this time it's not letting me create the world.
Here are the mods, http://prntscr.com/jlecew
If there's any that is not compatible or could blow up everything that isn't Terraria overhaul please tell me.

Last edited:
Hello. im having a problem opening the mods menu in game, i keep getting this error
Hash mismatch, data blob has been modified or corrupted
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.FindMods()

I'm pretty new at the modding community so I don't know what to do.
I wanted to update my tModLoader v0.10.1.1 to v0.10.1.4 but it seems to crash
Please help a fellow out
upload_2018-5-26_0-15-49.png
d3b41ce0-c4d9-454b-85d8-db3d60ea9007

Edit: Just uninstalled old vers. and installed new vers. Worked

Last edited:
A long while back I made a complaint that the mod browser is unusable due to the mod icon images being blocked, and asked for an option to turn them off. Does this option exist now? Someone had told me it would be worked on, but I can't find it.
Cause the browser still completely locks up the game when I open it, and that's due to Imgur being blocked by ISPs where I live.

I heard that the translation is built into the exe file..
And after installing this program, I see a lot of mistakes in the Russian translation
For example - a lot of errors in the information of the phone

Space
(space bar on the keyboard) "Пробел" used wherever another word is to be used (extraterrestrial space) "Космос"

Clear
(clear text) "Очистить" ---> ClearY (weather) "Ясно"

Weapons,armor named incorrectly
Please,use ru.terraria.wikia.com for right names, or use original GOG files for example :(

I heard that the translation is built into the exe file..
And after installing this program, I see a lot of mistakes in the Russian translation
For example - a lot of errors in the information of the phone

Space
(space bar on the keyboard) "Пробел" used wherever another word is to be used (extraterrestrial space) "Космос"

Clear
(clear text) "Очистить" ---> ClearY (weather) "Ясно"

Weapons,armor named incorrectly
Please,use ru.terraria.wikia.com for right names, or use original GOG files for example :(
If they changed between 1.3.5.2 and 1.3.5.3, those changes won't be in tmod yet but will be fixed next vanilla update for sure.

A long while back I made a complaint that the mod browser is unusable due to the mod icon images being blocked, and asked for an option to turn them off. Does this option exist now? Someone had told me it would be worked on, but I can't find it.
Cause the browser still completely locks up the game when I open it, and that's due to Imgur being blocked by ISPs where I live.
I'm pretty sure we fixed that recently. Are you on 0.10.1.4? If so, we'll probably have to revisit our fix.

Hello, I have a dediscted tmodloader server and i want to change the directory where config files for mods are saved, is that possible?

i have a problem with the new update i can't download it at all , not even through download manger i don't know whats the problem it just stops downloading at like 60% i tried to fix it for like 3 hours and i still didn't find a way to fix it it might be the internet connection and i have to admit my internet connection is :red: but i tried downloading other larger files and they downloaded very easily so, Any suggestions?

-savedirectory ./
or whatever path you want.
Do i have to put this in the config file like so:
savedirectory=<path>
or as a command line parameter?

Also when i have a config for my dedicated serer on linux it only loads the motd, worldpath and modpath from the config.
When i start the server it asks again for wich world to play and wich port and so forth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom