Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

i download it for mac but it don't work for mac
it gives me the .exe files instead of whatever files are for mac
and i tried to use the .exe files but they didn't work

Do i have to put this in the config file like so:
savedirectory=<path>
or as a command line parameter?

Also when i have a config for my dedicated serer on linux it only loads the motd, worldpath and modpath from the config.
When i start the server it asks again for wich world to play and wich port and so forth.
looks like it is only available as a command line parameter.
[doublepost=1527885501,1527885480][/doublepost]
i download it for mac but it don't work for mac
it gives me the .exe files instead of whatever files are for mac
and i tried to use the .exe files but they didn't work
Read the readme, nothing is wrong with the files.

looks like it is only available as a command line parameter.
[doublepost=1527885501,1527885480][/doublepost]
Read the readme, nothing is wrong with the files.
I tried to set the port with command line parameters and it didn't recocnize that and asked again.

20180603184633_1.jpg

About that recent feature where the game warns you about any new/missing mods when you load a character, wouldn't it be a good idea to make it also work for worlds in order to prevent accidental pink blocks and NPCs disappearing?

Hey devs, for some reason recently, my tmodloader has been running out of memory whenever I try to create a new world, and sometimes the game crashes. Other times, the application stops working.

upload_2018-6-4_23-14-9.png

Here is my crash log. I have been playing modded terraria for 2 years, and this is the first time i've been facing such a problem. Could anyone here help find the cause of these crashes?

Hi. As far, as I can see, Player.QuickSpawnItem just creates new item with new ModItem, instead of clonning original source. My items can contain different data, but when they droped, they reset it's data to default values.
Screenshot_4.png

Can you fix it, or solution already exists?

Hi. As far, as I can see, Player.QuickSpawnItem just creates new item with new ModItem, instead of clonning original source. My items can contain different data, but when they droped, they reset it's data to default values.View attachment 202068
Can you fix it, or solution already exists?
I believe QuickSpawnClonedItem might be what you want. The other 2 are suppose to spawn clean instances.

My game is with this error = CSteamWorks
the tmodloader doesn't work and the terraria too
It looks like you're trying to run terraria outside the steam directory. You tried to start debugging in Visual Studio, did you? I've had same problem some time ago. If so, you need to open project settings -> Debugging -> Launch external program and then select terraria.exe path.

I found a small bug when sorting the mod browser. For instance if you sort the mod browser by popularity, then load up a single player world, back out and go back to the mod browser, the browser will default back to sorting by recently updated while the icon at the top left is still set to popularity. Hovering the mouse over the icon will show how the browser is currently being sorted.

In the picture you can see the popularity icon being set while the browser is actually sorted by recently updated.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I'm trying to make a boss with 2 forms. I don't know what to do, or where to start. It already does the spinning animation, because I am using eye of cthulhu AI. All I need is to get the boss to change its look. My code looks like this:
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using Terraria.ID;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
namespace MoreAwesomeStuffpeeps.NPCs.Boss
{
    [AutoloadBossHead]
    public class TheSeer : ModNPC
    {
        public override void SetStaticDefaults()
        {
            DisplayName.SetDefault("The Seer");
            Main.npcFrameCount[npc.type] = 6;
        }
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            npc.aiStyle = 4; //Eye of Cthulhu AI
            npc.lifeMax = 200000;
            npc.damage = 80;
            npc.defense = 30;
            npc.knockBackResist = 0f;
            npc.width = 100;
            npc.height = 110;
            npc.value = 10000;
            npc.npcSlots = 1f;
            npc.boss = true;
            npc.lavaImmune = true;
            npc. noGravity = true;
            npc.noTileCollide = true;
            npc.HitSound = SoundID.NPCHit1;
            npc.DeathSound = SoundID.NPCDeath1;
            music = MusicID.Boss1;
            bossBag = mod.ItemType("TheSeerTreasureBag");
        }
        public override void ScaleExpertStats(int numPlayers, float bossLifeScale)
        {
            npc.lifeMax = (int)(npc.lifeMax * 0.500f * bossLifeScale);
            npc.damage = (int)(npc.damage * 0.5f);
            npc.defense = (int)(npc.defense + numPlayers);
        }

public override void FindFrame(int frameHeight)
        {
            npc.frameCounter += 1.0;
            npc.frameCounter %= 10;
            int frame = (int)(npc.frameCounter / 2.0);
            if (frame >= Main.npcFrameCount[npc.type]) frame = 0;
            npc.frame.Y = frame * frameHeight;
        }
        public override void NPCLoot()
        {
            if (Main.expertMode)
            {
                npc.DropBossBags();
            }
            else
            {
                if (Main.rand.Next(3) == 0)
                {
                    Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, mod.ItemType("LuminiteSlimeSword"));
                }
                else
                {
                    Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, mod.ItemType("CelestialPickaxe"));
                }
                Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, mod.ItemType("CelestialBar"), 5);
            }
        }
    }
}
I have compiled this code, and it works (exept for the second form texture). I just need to get the boss to change its look. I need help. :confused:
npc 4(99999) (1).png
npc 4(99) (1).png

Last edited:
How do you load the mods that you made into the game? I'm using a mac and I am currently working on my own mod, and I can't figure out how to put it into the game. I have the mod skeleton, but whenever I put the mod file into the mods folder, it refuses to actually load in, and just doesn't show up as a mod.

How do you load the mods that you made into the game? I'm using a mac and I am currently working on my own mod, and I can't figure out how to put it into the game. I have the mod skeleton, but whenever I put the mod file into the mods folder, it refuses to actually load in, and just doesn't show up as a mod.
You open terraria. There is a button that says mod sources. when you click that, there will be a button down at the bottom of the screen that says open sources. It opens a folder. copy and paste the ZIP folder the mod skeleton generator made. Then your mod should appear in the mod sources. Then you press "Build and reload."

Last edited:
You open terraria. There is a button that says mod sources. when you click that, there will be a button down at the bottom of the screen that says open sources. It opens a folder. copy and paste the ZIP folder the mod skeleton generator made. Then your mod should appear in the mod sources. Then you press "Build and reload."
It didn't work.

This is incredibly frustrating. This does not seem to work. First time I installed, everything went smoothly. Download other mods through the modloader (so easy, btw. Great job!). I was able to run them and use them in game. Unfortunately, I downloaded (not using tModLoader) an outdated mod that made the game unlaunchable. I just deleted the mod from my mods folder and tried again. Not working. Deleted all mods. Not working. Deleted the tModLoader files. Not working. Deleted Terraria and reinstalled. Terraria launched. Tried modloader again. Mods. Don't. Work. Deleted individual mods, all the mods, deleted and reinstalled both tModLoader and Terraria. Nothing works. Mods make the game unable to start. tModLoader is not the issue, because with just that I can run the game. I open the "mods" tab in the Terraria main menu and it's empty. I download any mod, and I mean any (like 50, all tested individually) and go back to the mods tab and..... spinny load circles. If I try to exit and open Terraria, it goes to "Finding Mods" and then crashes. Plleeeeaaassse help, I am basically pulling my hair out. Am I missing something super obvious orrr....? HELP

Edit: SOOOO I deleted some file in the "Mods" folder that you get to through the Documents/My Games/ blah blah blah path and stuff works now? WHAT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom