Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I’m trying to create mod, but my item sprites are fairly large. I tried using item.scale to make it smaller, which did fix it when swung, but when I hover over a block, it shows this absolutely massive sprite. This also happens when it is dropped and in the world.

I’m trying to create mod, but my item sprites are fairly large. I tried using item.scale to make it smaller, which did fix it when swung, but when I hover over a block, it shows this absolutely massive sprite. This also happens when it is dropped and in the world.
the game doesn't really use item.scale everywhere, so any value of item.scale is pretty useless, your best bet it to just make the sprite the size you actually want it to be.

Turns out it was because in Piskel I had the actual sprite size smaller, but not the resolution, so when I exported it, it was a larger image.

Just wondering, is this tutorial for creating mods on mac without tModLoader outdated or does it still work, and would it work for the GOG version? I've been looking for a way to mod without the use of tModLoader for a while and just wanted to make sure that this is a working tutorial before I start

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 3.51.03 PM.png

Just wondering, is this tutorial for creating mods on mac without tModLoader outdated or does it still work, and would it work for the GOG version? I've been looking for a way to mod without the use of tModLoader for a while and just wanted to make sure that this is a working tutorial before I start

tmodloader doesn't work on gog right now, so you are out of luck.

When I click on the installer it says what app do you want to use to open it and im confused. can someone help?
edit- On windows 10, no winrar

When I click on the installer it says what app do you want to use to open it and im confused. can someone help?
edit- On windows 10, no winrar
The readme that comes with tModLoader explains how to do a manual install if you can't do an auto install.

I really enjoy this, but there are some bugs I'm experiencing on MacOS.
Whenever I close the game, I have to delete the modloader folder to play Terraria again with mods. (I'm assuming it's because the game tries to make another ModLoader folder, but fails to do so)
I'll try to put in some more I find, if I do find anything.

Last edited:
I really enjoy this, but there are some bugs I'm experiencing on MacOS.
Whenever I close the game, I have to delete the modloader folder to play Terraria again with mods. (I'm assuming it's because the game tries to make another ModLoader folder, but fails to do so)
I'll try to put in some more I find, if I do find anything.
It is useful if you join us on discord, we need mac testers. We recently made changes to mac/linux config that should fix issues (not in current release but the new beta)

Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ModTerrariaAnotherDimension\TerrariaAnotherDimension.cs(7,10) : error CS1520: the method must have a return type

my code btw:

using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace TerrariaAnotherDimension
{
class TerrariaAnotherDimension : Mod
{
public ModTerrariaAnotherDimension()
{
}
}
}

pls help!!!!!!!!! and thank you to anyone that does!!!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure if I can just post my problems here but every time I try to play this game with tModLoader I can get a few days of gameplay in and then my world and player become corrupted.
The Character becomes blank and I can't choose them, and the world just gives me the message:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.Player.Spawn()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
when i click on it.

I have tried changing the plr.bak, tplr.bak, and both for the world but nothing helps.

I downloaded the Calamity Mod the other day, and while it worked perfectly while I had the Terraria window open, after I closed Steam and logged back on later, Terraria just gets stuck loading the mod. I left my computer on for most of the day while I did other stuff, but it still never loaded. I uninstalled and reinstalled tmod, but Calamity is still downloaded because of the save file and it's stuck again. Any tips?
[doublepost=1554326932,1554326803][/doublepost]Never mind, deleted Calamity from my Terraria folder and now it's fine. I'll just have to remember to disable Calamity whenever I leave...

If at all possible, how would I write a mod in F#? I have everything down, and it all seems to be written correctly, but tModLoader says "make sure there is exactly one class that extends Mod." but the class exists. Any help would be appreciated. Here's my mod code:

namespace FSTestMod
open Terraria.ModLoader
type public FSTestMod() =
inherit Mod()

let mutable properties = new ModProperties()

do
properties.Autoload <- true
properties.AutoloadBackgrounds <- true
properties.AutoloadGores <- true
properties.AutoloadSounds <- true

member __.Properties = properties

Back
Top Bottom