Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hello everyone.
I'm having a problem with server connection with my friend
We're trying to play Calamity and other mods, but neither me or my friend can't connect to each other, it says that we're not using the same version of the game.
What should we do? We're reinstalled game and tModloader with mods lot of times.
Sorry for bad English tho.
Thanks.

Hello everyone.
I'm having a problem with server connection with my friend
We're trying to play Calamity and other mods, but neither me or my friend can't connect to each other, it says that we're not using the same version of the game.
What should we do? We're reinstalled game and tModloader with mods lot of times.
Sorry for bad English tho.
Thanks.
Do you both have tmodloader and the same mods?

Hey everyone! Wondering if anyone knows how I would code in armor visuals into an armor set for a mod. I'd like how to do all of them, but specifically want the twitchy look that Chlorophyte armor gives off, and the trail that Shadow, Necro and Cobalt armor make to combine them into a twitch, trail combo. Thanks in advance!

Sure, we checked it and reinstalled lots of times
It might be an internet issue.
Please Note: connecting to an internet browser doesn't mean you have enough internet for steam.
You might have to mess around with your internet stuff.(I am clueless there)

It might be an internet issue.
Please Note: connecting to an internet browser doesn't mean you have enough internet for steam.
You might have to mess around with your internet stuff.(I am clueless there)

Also we tried on vanilla and everything went well.

Ok, I figured out how to do trails, so I don't need help with that anymore, but I do need help with one more thing; Ore generation. What I've tried so far hasn't worked. Would anyone be able to help me with that?
I'm trying to make an ore spawn at the deepest level of the world, but still above hell. I also want it to only spawn after killing a specific boss, with a line of text saying that it has spawned to let the player know.

Ok, I figured out how to do trails, so I don't need help with that anymore, but I do need help with one more thing; Ore generation. What I've tried so far hasn't worked. Would anyone be able to help me with that?
I'm trying to make an ore spawn at the deepest level of the world, but still above hell. I also want it to only spawn after killing a specific boss, with a line of text saying that it has spawned to let the player know.
You should try the TModLoader Discord server

My tMod has this issue with loading, and whenever it starts loading mods, it gets to a mod I use named yoyos2 then freezes and crashes. I was wondering if the mod was causing that or just something in the system. And I'm looking for answers on how to fix this issue, like maybe a way I could go into the files and find mods and delete them? which yes, I have tried. :merchantcry:

I keep getting this error where it said that "OutOfMemoryException" was thrown. It happened at least ten times.

Ok, so I'm coding on mac.
I've set my references, them being...
  • Mono.csproj: FNA.dll and tModLoaderMac.exe
  • Windows.csproj: MicrosoftCodeAnalysis.CSharp, MicrosoftCodeAnalysis, Mono.Cecil.Pdb, RosylnWrapper, System.Reflection.Metadata, and tModLoaderMac.exe
To anyone who reads this, I've compiled twice now.
Thanks, Cresterz

P.S. There's a file below with what I did.

Attachments

• volarity.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 118
hey, my friend downloaded tmod loader however it says that he needs to buy the game even tho he did (discontinued version from GOG)
why is that?
This mod and pretty much every single mod works with the cracked versions as well, it's not that (I hope it's not that at least) You might want your friend to verify the file maybe? And a reinstall to the game if possible, he can back-up his characters if needed.

Hello, I'm new to Terraria modding, but I know C# and programming well. I use Visual Studio 2019.

I would like to mod Signs in order to create editable and writable books (or scrolls -- not to be confused with spells). How can I best do that using TModLoader?

Here is what I have found so far:
1. Terraria.exe: decompiling Terraria.exe showed me that Sign is a different class. I mean it's not an Item per se. It seems to be under Terraria.Sign and not under Terraria.Item or Terraria.Tile.
2. TModLoader: It seems that there is no mod class something like ModSign. No, there is no such class. Contrary to the existing classes like ModItem and ModTile. Pity. Is this something that the team might possibly consider adding to TModLoader in the future?
3. ExampleMod: browsing the ExampleMod was helpful, but I didn't find anything even remotely similar to Signs.
3. Make is custom: So the solution seems to be that I create a ModItem, let's call it 'TestScroll' and I create a corresponding ModTile, let's say 'TestScrollTile'. Then within my ModItem class, in SetDefaults() method, I will add a line: item.createTile = mod.TileType("MyScrollTile"); -> in order to be able to spawn the tile in the game.
4. add Sign's functionality: Then I could add methods to my ModTile class, something like RightClick(int i, int j) method. Browsing ExampleBed provides a sample RightClick method. However this part seems to be the most difficult. Is there a way to copy the code from original Terraria? First step, I could simply provide the same functionality as the signs edit and read. In Terraria.exe under Terraria.Sign there seem to be 2 methods: ReadSign() and TextSign(), as well as fields: text, which is string type and x and y, which are int type.
4. Checking in game: Signs have the following functionality in game:
  • Mouse Over the Tile: Speech bubble appears over the Sign. Sign's text (if edited previously) appears under the Sign. The text has transparent background.
  • Right Click the Tile: A blue box appears over the Sign. It seems that it is displayed at a fixed position on the screen (jumping doesn't adjust the position of the box). The box gets larger at the bottom if there is more text -> upto the maximum allowed, so the box's bottom is just over the Sign Tile. Maximum number of letters is 500: 50 letters per row, 10 rows max. Interesting thing is that you can type in more letters, they will be stored, but they will not be displayed (perhaps a small bug/oversight in the game?). There are 2 buttons: Edit and Close. If you click Edit you have 2 buttons: Save and Close.
5. Develop further: then and only then I could program and expand the functionality. This would be the time to shine. But I need to crack the fundamentals first.

I would highly appreciate any help, comments or tips the community could provide.

FYI here is the idea which intrigued me: Writing Sets, Empty Books, and Written Books

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom