Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

How do I update tModLoader? I have v0.10.1 and I would like to upgrade to v0.11.5
I have tModLoader in my Steam Terraria files (and it works fine) I downloaded v0.11.5 and replaced the old v0.10.1 files with the v.0.11.5 files, but when I run tModLoader, it says it's v0.10.5

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys! Got a question..
Is there a reason why the biggest mods arent loading anymore? It suddenly says, when reloading mods, "it looks like this mod is made for an older version of tmodloader (tremor)" and thorium isnt loading up anymore, too. It just write a few error lines and crashes. It worked all completely fine until some new day i started terraria. How does this come?

Hey guys! Got a question..
Is there a reason why the biggest mods arent loading anymore? It suddenly says, when reloading mods, "it looks like this mod is made for an older version of tmodloader (tremor)" and thorium isnt loading up anymore, too. It just write a few error lines and crashes. It worked all completely fine until some new day i started terraria. How does this come?
Did you update tML to 0.11?

Hello(Sorry for my bad English).
How can I use a shader? I have a .fx file. It needs to be compiled into .xnb, but how?
Oh boy, ok... :) So, I've done quite a bit of research on this. The "recommended" way to do this currently is to download an ancient version of Visual Studio, so you can install the XNA Game Studio extension into it. You can then use that.
If you don't want to download an extra 10 GB IDE though, I have come up with a way to coax msbuild into compiling shaders for you using the XNA Content Pipeline. It's still a bit janky though, I'm not really finished with it yet. But PM me, and I can hook you up. ;)

Last edited:
Since you need to uninstall TModLoader, that would erase the mods you had installed.
no, the mods stored in the saves directory, you don't lose the mods or even your worlds or players when you uninstall the game. When you install the update, your old mods will still be there

guys i have a major problem
some of my mods is only updatable on 0.11 tmodloader
and 0.11 tmodloader wont work on my terraria it just when i open terraria it wont do anything
i tried looking at the task manager and when i open terraria it just vanishes after a few seconds it wont even error or warning it just instantly stop please help
please update 0.11.3 here some mods are already putting their update there and im getting a lot of bugs cause i updated my mods accidentally but it says 0.11 tmodloader needed

tModLoader v0.11.3 Released

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since the last official update to tModLoader, over 1 year in fact. We are happy to tell you that tModLoader v0.11.3 is now out to everyone. In the past few months we've been testing earlier versions of 0.11 and now it is ready for everyone.

There are way too many changes to list here, so feel free to check out the changelogs from v0.11 to 0.11.3.

The biggest change is ModConfig. ModConfig allows modders the ability to allow users to configure the behavior of their Mod. ModConfig settings are automatically synced in multiplayer, and can easily be changed in-game through the user interface.

A good example of this new feature is my mod Shorter Respawn Time. Previously, it was up to me what the definition of "shorter" should be. Now, on 0.11, users can customize the Shorter Respawn Time mod to customize how long they should be dead for. See the video below for a quick example.

I hope you can see how convenient ModConfig is. If ModConfig is applicable to a mod you are making, I hope you take the effort to update your mod to 0.11 to take advantage of it.

Another huge feature is the GOG version of Terraria is now officially supported.

There are 100s of bug fixes as well that have been hampering 0.10.1.5 playthroughs, we hope our fixes make your modded Terraria experience even better.

Most current mods should work on 0.11.3, with a few exceptions (If you notice any broken mods, encourage the modder to fix their mod). If you need help updating the code to your mod, see the 0.11 migration guide and come to the discord chat.

Below are links to the download, the discord chat in case you have any questions, our Patreon which motivates us to spend our free time on tModLoader, and a link to the Github for tModLoader.

Direct Download Links:
Steam/GoG: Windows | Mac | Linux

tModLoader Discord chat: Join the tModLoader Discord Server!

Donations are always appreciated! The tModLoader team is creating tModLoader | Patreon

Open Source
In case you want to see how messy my code has become, tModLoader is now open source! Feel free to suggest features either on this thread or over Github.
Github Repository Link

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since the last official update to tModLoader, over 1 year in fact. We are happy to tell you that tModLoader v0.11.3 is now out to everyone. In the past few months we've been testing earlier versions of 0.11 and now it is ready for everyone.

There are way too many changes to list here, so feel free to check out the changelogs from v0.11 to 0.11.3.

The biggest change is ModConfig. ModConfig allows modders the ability to allow users to configure the behavior of their Mod. ModConfig settings are automatically synced in multiplayer, and can easily be changed in-game through the user interface.

A good example of this new feature is my mod Shorter Respawn Time. Previously, it was up to me what the definition of "shorter" should be. Now, on 0.11, users can customize the Shorter Respawn Time mod to customize how long they should be dead for. See the video below for a quick example.

I hope you can see how convenient ModConfig is. If ModConfig is applicable to a mod you are making, I hope you take the effort to update your mod to 0.11 to take advantage of it.

Another huge feature is the GOG version of Terraria is now officially supported.

There are 100s of bug fixes as well that have been hampering 0.10.1.5 playthroughs, we hope our fixes make your modded Terraria experience even better.

Most current mods should work on 0.11.3, with a few exceptions (If you notice any broken mods, encourage the modder to fix their mod). If you need help updating the code to your mod, see the 0.11 migration guide and come to the discord chat.

Below are links to the download, the discord chat in case you have any questions, our Patreon which motivates us to spend our free time on tModLoader, and a link to the Github for tModLoader.

Direct Download Links:

Donations are always appreciated! The tModLoader team is creating tModLoader | Patreon

Open Source
In case you want to see how messy my code has become, tModLoader is now open source! Feel free to suggest features either on this thread or over Github.
Github Repository Link
HELLO

i have a major problem on 0.11 tmodloader
my terraria wont run, it instantly stops after a few seconds not even a warning or an error
i tried looking at the task manager and it just instantly vanishes and stops loading before the game appear on my screen please help
[doublepost=1563945925,1563945348][/doublepost]

Direct Download Links:

Open Source
Github Repository Link
also 1 more thing why does the 0.11 dont have the ModComile folder? is it the reason it wont work on my terraria?
i tried following the instructions word per word it wont work please help me

We need log files to help you. You'll find the log files in the logs folder. Look for client.log.
Windows Logs: C:\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs
Linux Logs: ~/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/ or $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/
Mac Logs: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/
[doublepost=1563949009,1563948523][/doublepost]actually, we pretty much never come on the forum, anyone wanting real help should come to the discord.

We need log files to help you. You'll find the log files in the logs folder. Look for client.log.
Windows Logs: C:\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs
Linux Logs: ~/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/ or $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/
Mac Logs: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/
[doublepost=1563949009,1563948523][/doublepost]actually, we pretty much never come on the forum, anyone wanting real help should come to the discord.
where can i give you my log files?

In an attempt to make my mod ran into a problem like for an object with the" placed" property specify sprite (the problem is that when I put this object, instead there is a dirt block).

Last edited:
I think that the new modloader is glitched out. Whenever I exit fullscreen it looks like I set my UI to the max, and everything is zoomed in. (Including the title screen)

I also have the same problem as ^.
Unfortunately, the program cuts out so fast that it doesn't even write a log.

Back
Top Bottom