Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

i'm trying to reinstall tmodloader but the installer is not the right file. what do i do? (nvm i fixed it)

Last edited:
im new and i need help with tmodloader so i guess i need to post it here, so anyway when i start up terraria and i want to get some mods mod browser says like check your connection and so on, i dont know what to do now, i have newest tmodloader and terraria and sorry for my crap english

Hello :)

I'm having some problems getting Terraria to work with tModLoader. I installed Terraria only a few days ago and haven't used mods in any game at all before so it's all a bit new to me.
I downloaded tModLoader.Windows.v0.11.3.zip and did my best to carefully follow the GOG Manual Install instructions in the README.txt, but when I try starting the game the normal way I get an error message that I don't understand, and the game won't start at all.
If I instead start the game from the renamed vanilla exe the game works, but no mods of course.
The error message starts with "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"

I'd really appreciate getting some advice if anyone happen to know what's going on :)

I'm on Windows 7, bought the game from GOG.com (I have no Steam client), have no mods at all yet, and here is the client.log from My Games / Terraria / Modloader / Logs in case it helps :)

[15:35:09] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11.3 Windows client
[15:35:09] [1/INFO] [tML]: Running on NetFramework 4.7
[15:35:09] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: C:\GOG Games\Terraria\Terraria.exe
[15:35:09] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: c:\gog games\terraria
[15:35:09] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[15:35:09] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=19.5.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[15:35:09] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=19.5.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.Utils, Version=19.5.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[15:35:09] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.Utils, Version=19.5.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e
[15:35:10] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
[15:35:10] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Steamworks.NET, Version=9.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[15:35:10] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

[15:35:10] [1/FATAL] [Terraria]: Main engine crash
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)

I install manually the new version and follow the instructions, but when I open the Terraria.exe (The one with the jungle tree icon), the Windows Defender opens up, I continue with open the game, it never opens, I've been waiting half an hour and it doesn't open. Please, help
`:cry:

Update to my problem: I tried several times yesterday but it didn't work and I'm sure I downloaded the right file since it said Steam/GOG and Windows, but I left it as it was and my friend and I played vanilla Terraria later (I renamed the folder with the mod files and used the backup I made of the whole install folder). But today when I renamed the folder back again to try one more time the game started and it looks like it works! I haven't tried playing yet since I don't have time today, but the game starts and now have Mod Browser and Mods in the options list as I have seen on screenshots that it should look like with tModLoader installed :) No idea why it didn't work before, the only thing I did was to rename the folder "Terraria mod" and play with my backup folder, and then rename the backup "Terraria vanilla" and rename the modded one back to just "Terraria" again.

Oh and when trying to pick characters there is great information visible in game telling us why there are no characters there and it even opens the right folders we need to copy in our characters if we click. Really really user friendly! Thanks a million! :)

Hi there! I'm a Windows 7 user who plays Modded Terraria quite a lot. :happy:
However, since v.11, I have a problem that nobody seems to talk about, and here is what I mean:
When I open Terraria, The game doesn't start which some people say is quite normal as it takes a little bit for Terraria to load, though, I waited for 30 minutes and nothing happened, the game didn't run, the App Manager (a third-party app) said no startup process was even planning to run, I tested it on a different Windows 7 device, and same thing, I tried it on a PC tablet and same thing (I'm clearly stupid for using a PC Tablet). -_-

I really like Modded Terraria and I really would like you to fix it. :D

Hello i was wondering if the calamity mod will be getting updated to the mod browser because i am unable to download it from the discord or wiki. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a reminder that the best way to get help is on the discord chat. It's pretty impossible to help here. Come to discord: tmodloader.net/discord

When I build a mod this error comes up frequently:
error:
Compiling ModName.XNAdll failed with # errors and C:\LocationOfModSourceFolder\ModName\obj\net45\ModName,AssemblyInfo.cs(13,11) : error CS0579: Duplicate 'System.Reflection.AssemblyCompanyAttribute' attribute warnings

I check the file and there doesn't seem to be a duplicate as far as I'm aware and I just delete the obj folder everytime this error appears and it's pretty annoying.
Not sure if this is a bug with tModLoader, or if there's something wrong with the mod.

This error usually comes up after I add something such as a item or recipe to the mod.

Hey is there any way to disable auto loading?
I went to update/download mods and it auto enabled and loaded them, my potato didn't like that very much when i updated large mods with overhaul.

When I build a mod this error comes up frequently:
error:
Compiling ModName.XNAdll failed with # errors and C:\LocationOfModSourceFolder\ModName\obj\net45\ModName,AssemblyInfo.cs(13,11) : error CS0579: Duplicate 'System.Reflection.AssemblyCompanyAttribute' attribute warnings

I check the file and there doesn't seem to be a duplicate as far as I'm aware and I just delete the obj folder everytime this error appears and it's pretty annoying.
Not sure if this is a bug with tModLoader, or if there's something wrong with the mod.

This error usually comes up after I add something such as a item or recipe to the mod.
we've heard reports of deleting a Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs file, if you have that file, delete it and try again.

Hello there. I'm in need of help.

Back on v0.10.1.5, I could boot the game with no issues, the same applies currently with vanilla Terraria. However, the moment I try to play v0.11.3 TModLoader Terraria, the following occurs (log file supplied)
[06:17:41] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11.3 Windows client
[06:17:41] [1/INFO] [tML]: Running on NetFramework 4.7.2
[06:17:41] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
[06:17:41] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
[06:17:41] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[06:17:42] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=19.5.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[06:17:42] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=19.5.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.Utils, Version=19.5.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[06:17:42] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.Utils, Version=19.5.19.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e
[06:17:42] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed
[06:17:43] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Steamworks.NET, Version=9.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[06:17:43] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: Could not find a Direct3D device that supports the XNA Framework Reach profile.

Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed.

Make sure the desktop is not locked, and that no other application is running in full screen mode.

Avoid running under Remote Desktop or as a Windows service.

Check the display properties to make sure hardware acceleration is set to Full.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.FindBestPlatformDevice(Boolean anySuitableDevice)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.FindBestDevice(Boolean anySuitableDevice)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.ChangeDevice(Boolean forceCreate)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

I've looked into other people having this issue, and I have tried all the suggestions.
Update Graphics Driver? It's already updated.
Delete Config.dat? That does not exist on my computer.
Delete Config.json? No effect.
Restart? No effect.
Re-install? No effect.
Delete Steam's AppCache? No effect.
Re-install the dependencies? No effect.

Here are my PC specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System Type: 64-bit.

Try running Terraria.exe in compatiblity mode
1. Right click terraria.exe, properties, then compatibility
2. then set tick on compatibility mode and select win 8 (or try others)
3. Click Apply then relaunch Terraria

Back
Top Bottom