Now i can't run my terraria game
Here's the message (watch sreenshot)

Translation: impossible to create a file because it's already exist

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Снимок.PNG
    Снимок.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 374
honestly the last version simply makes my game not boot :( so i'm using 0.10.1.5 for now, it only happens in the new version, does not happen in 0.10.1.5 and below.
I have the same problem... v0.11.3 and v0.11.4 both give me the error shown in the image that I uploaded attached to my post. (I also attached the client.log file showing the issue.)

For reference, I'm using an old PC, Windows 7, with pretty bad specs. I've installed and ran v0.11.4 successfully in two other Windows 10 PCs without problems, and v0.11.3 also works on them.

On this PC, I was able to use v0.10.1.5 briefly, used it to install Thorium + a few quality of life mods and played for a bit, without any problems. However, recently an error whenever I attempt to start Terraria has been happening (gives no error message, but it does generate a Logs.txt file that I also attached). Terraria.exe starts normally, the mods seem to be initialized normally, but it crashes in the "Setting up..." screen.
EDIT: got v0.10.1.5 to work again by going to My Games -> Terraria -> ModLoader and putting everything mod-related in a backup folder, then reinstalling the mods I wanted (sticking to the absolute essentials) and restarting.

Vanilla works normally, as I am able to enter a world and play without any crashes.

Any idea on what to do here? I've tried various versions, as well as reinstalling, and nothing solved either of the problems. If possible I'd like to make a version of v0.11 work, but if someone finds a workaround for v0.10 that'd be appreciated as well.

Technical mumbo-jumbo aside, I'd like to thank the developers for this tool... enjoying it a lot in the other PCs I set it up. I'm glad to have a tool that makes modding this easy :)

Attachments

• client.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 150
  • error_tmodloader0.11.png
    error_tmodloader0.11.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 288
  • specs1.png
    specs1.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 244
  • specs2.png
    specs2.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Logs.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I have the same problem... v0.11.3 and v0.11.4 both give me the error shown in the image that I uploaded attached to my post. (I also attached the client.log file showing the issue.)

For reference, I'm using an old PC, Windows 7, with pretty bad specs. I've installed and ran v0.11.4 successfully in two other Windows 10 PCs without problems, and v0.11.3 also works on them.

On this PC, I was able to use v0.10.1.5 briefly, used it to install Thorium + a few quality of life mods and played for a bit, without any problems. However, recently an error whenever I attempt to start Terraria has been happening (gives no error message, but it does generate a Logs.txt file that I also attached). Terraria.exe starts normally, the mods seem to be initialized normally, but it crashes in the "Setting up..." screen.

Vanilla works normally, as I am able to enter a world and play without any crashes.

Any idea on what to do here? I've tried various versions, as well as reinstalling, and nothing solved either of the problems. If possible I'd like to make a version of v0.11 work, but if someone finds a workaround for v0.10 that'd be appreciated as well.

Technical mumbo-jumbo aside, I'd like to thank the developers for this tool... enjoying it a lot in the other PCs I set it up. I'm glad to have a tool that makes modding this easy :)
you can try deleting the config.json file in the ModLoader/ folder. It might help with 0.11.4

you can try deleting the config.json file in the ModLoader/ folder. It might help with 0.11.4
This doesn't seem to work... you mean the folder accessible from Documents -> My Games, right? I tried deleting the file, reverting the Terraria to its original version (was 0.10.1.5 before) and switching to v0.11.4, but the same error message appears.

I managed to make v0.10.1.5 playable again though, seems like it was a problem with a specific mod :)

Вышла новая версия, а Террария после обновлнеия всё ещё 64-битная... Когда будет 32?
A new version has been released, and Terraria after the update is still 64-bit ... When will it be 32?

Has anyone ever figured out how to do glowmasking for armor pieces? I know it's possible for items, like weapons, but I have yet to see an example mod that uses glowmasking for armor.

Does anyone have an example I could work from?

With the fantastic help of someone here on the forums (not sure if he wants credit), I was able to (well, he was able to) get the glowmasking to work with armor -

hello Tmodloader
i have 1 suggestion that it would help a lot
please announce your new update in the forums too, i encountered a bug and was scratching my head until i found the tmod was updated, please leave an announcement every update in the tmod please, it would help us a lot just post a simple message here in your forums and we will benotified
THANKS!!

Search for your client.log on "C:/Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs" and there will be the reason why, maybe you have a pirated version of the game (like me)

Yes, I was trying for the pirate game, but now I installed the original and it's all right. Thanks

Yes, I was trying for the pirate game, but now I installed the original and it's all right. Thanks
lol you and I have same problem,
I was planning to buy original when the 1.4 update is released but thanks to Tmodloader not compatible with pirated game im forced to buy it earlier than planned

my gaming trick is that i pirate the game 1st then if I liked it i buy it
well terraria is now my 3rd game bought right after Minecraft and The forest LOL

Okay... I don't know if this is a problem with me or Tmodloader, but some mods I can not download, as in they show up on the modloader, but when I hit the download button, the download bar doesn't move at all for quite awhile. It seems to be around mods that haven't been updated for a minimum of 8 months or more.

Okay... I don't know if this is a problem with me or Tmodloader, but some mods I can not download, as in they show up on the modloader, but when I hit the download button, the download bar doesn't move at all for quite awhile. It seems to be around mods that haven't been updated for a minimum of 8 months or more.
yes many mods are not yet updated
tahst why im scratching my :red: waiting for them to make it 0.11 compatible

Hey guys, just wanted to report a little bug here:
The CanChat() override on ModNPC (and maybe even on GlobalNPC too, I dunno), It actually works as intended if you directly right click the npc, but is ignored if you are using the smart cursor to talk to the npc, so you can still talk to that npc anyway.

Uh, whenever I attempt to download tModLoader, I get this garbage, is this just my crap internet, or is there actually something wrong?
upload_2019-8-28_21-30-2.png

Microsoft .NET Framework Error:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...
Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.ModBrowser.UIModDownloadItem.IconDownloadComplete(Object sender, DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadDataCompleted(DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataOperationCompleted(Object arg)

Microsoft .NET Framework Error:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...
Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.ModBrowser.UIModDownloadItem.IconDownloadComplete(Object sender, DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadDataCompleted(DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataOperationCompleted(Object arg)
some of your mods might be conflicting or its outdated, try removing your mods and putting them 1 by 1
or update the entire Tmod if its not the latest

I have a problem with the tmodloader .... I tried reinstalling the tmodloader but the error remains the same

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 189
I have a problem with the tmodloader .... I tried reinstalling the tmodloader but the error remains the same
1) if your using crack terraria or a pirated version of terraria Tmodloader 0.11 wont work anymore its been made as respect for terraria about to end (i even lanned to buy this game whole when the 1.4 is released but thanks to tmod, i end up buying it earlier)

2) your Tmod might be just bugging out or your using an outdated mod, or mods that is not supported for 0.11 tmod yet (i have to disable multiple mods i have due to bot bieing updated)

3) FINAL SOLUTION == If none of the above is working or true, uninstall terraria along with Tmod and reinstall it again, its best to use the Tmod installer rather than doing it manually

I tried to reinstall terraria (Steam) with the tmodloader installer (downloaded at the moment) deleting the mods folder, and the same thing still appears:

System.IO.IOException: You cannot create a file that already exists.

en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
en System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
en Terraria.ModLoader.Logging.GetNewLogFile(String baseName)
en Terraria.ModLoader.Logging.ConfigureAppenders()
en Terraria.ModLoader.Logging.Init()
en Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

using tmodloader 10.1.5 if it works but not with 11.4 :(

Back
Top Bottom