Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Is this not fully compatible with 1.3.5.3? After installation, I'm seeing 1.3.5.2 in the lower left and that really throws off the vibe of the game. Does this downgrade Terraria or something?

Hi, I followed this guide tModLoader - How to set up your mod using Visual Studio (MVS) to setup VS with Terraria, and I had some confusion about

Right click Mod Sources --> Add --> New Project --> Visual C# --> Windows --> Classic Desktop --> Empty Project

and chose a .net project. Not sure if this was right. I couldn't use a universal window, but my Solution Explorer looks like others. The problem I am having is when I run the program it looks for a main method, and I don't remember needing a main method to start the application. I referenced the Terraria.exe and .dll files. Any ideas would be useful.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS5001 Program does not contain a static 'Main' method suitable for an entry point Bree's Mod C:\Users\Computer\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Bree's Mod\Bree's Mod\CSC 1 Active

Is this not fully compatible with 1.3.5.3? After installation, I'm seeing 1.3.5.2 in the lower left and that really throws off the vibe of the game. Does this downgrade Terraria or something?
tModLoader will say 1.3.5.2, that is expected. The only thing that matters is the tModLoader version it says.

Hi, I followed this guide tModLoader - How to set up your mod using Visual Studio (MVS) to setup VS with Terraria, and I had some confusion about

Right click Mod Sources --> Add --> New Project --> Visual C# --> Windows --> Classic Desktop --> Empty Project

and chose a .net project. Not sure if this was right. I couldn't use a universal window, but my Solution Explorer looks like others. The problem I am having is when I run the program it looks for a main method, and I don't remember needing a main method to start the application. I referenced the Terraria.exe and .dll files. Any ideas would be useful.
That guide is old, please follow the current guides, which are found on the wiki. Specifically this: tModLoader/tModLoader

Hi, mod browser has a issue for me. I can't scroll down very accurately. If I scroll one "click" of my mousewheel, it skips over multiple mods. So right now on the very top of my mod browser sorted by downloads descending, I see this : View attachment 226966

Okay, now I do one "click" of my mousewheel down, and it skips to spirit mod as seen here - View attachment 226965

Okay, but there are multiple mods between spirit mod and yet another boss bar. But they aren't shown. Because one mouse wheel movement moves it too much.

View attachment 226969

Now, I can get around this by clicking the scroll bar and dragging, but it is quite difficult to be accurate and it is annoying.
we know, hopefully fixed next release.

My terraria 1.3.5.3 won't load when tmodloader v0.11.4 and comes up with this error. 15694368298757812179205829728860.jpg please help.

I am having a problem, when i checked on the local files to get onto modded terraria, i had just updated terraria. When i looked at the files, the modded terraria was reverted back to vanilla. Is there a reason and how do i fix this?

I als
Please, help me. So in Github I saw Tmodloader 0.11.1v realese... so I downloaded it and I put all the files into the folder, where my terraria is installed. But when I try to run Tmodloader Terraria it not even giving me any problem, it's not even running... how can I solve this problem?.
Also in older Tmodloader version there were folder called "Modcompile" but in new one it's separately from Tmodloader.
I also have this problem

I am having a problem, when i checked on the local files to get onto modded terraria, i had just updated terraria. When i looked at the files, the modded terraria was reverted back to vanilla. Is there a reason and how do i fix this?
I had that problem. What I did was delete Terraria and TMod Loader, then reinstall'em both from zero

Hey, im really stuck on a mod im making.
I have my own ammo type, and guns that use it, but I have one specific gun that I need help with.

What I want to do is check if I have any of the ammoType in my bags, if not then deal 2 damage to the player, and create a BloodshardBolt ammo, then shoot that ammo instead.

I feel like I have tried everything, tried asking if (mod.itemType("MyAmmo") <=0)
{
//Do Stuff
}

Tried overriding PickAmmo but its just errors all over the place.

Tried item.useAmmo = mod.ItemType("BloodshardBolts");

Tried bypassing the ammo thing entirely and shooting the projectile in the weapons shoot()
Projectile.NewProjectile(position.X, position.Y, speedX, speedY, mod.ItemType("BloodshardBolts"), damage, knockBack, player.whoAmI, 0f, 0f);

Tried the same thing but passing it a type
Projectile.NewProjectile(position.X, position.Y, speedX, speedY, type, damage, knockBack, player.whoAmI, 0f, 0f);
type = mod.ProjectileType("BloodshardBolts");

Literally nothing works, I can get it to convert the ammo to the new type while i have more than 0, but once it hits 0 nothing works.
There is no way I can figure out to replace it once it hits 0. Or even check that its at 0.

For the second issue which is damaging me when I use it without ammo.

Tried to get the Shoot() to hurt the player, but only thing that worked was player.statLife -= 2; or player.HealEffect(-2, true);
which was more of a negative heal since no damage worked, it always expected a death and not just damage.
Tried Player.Hurt(2); which did nothing, tried passing it the projectiles direction to stop the error, but still did nothing.

Any help is appreciated, main things I dont understand is how to check the ammo, then how to replace the ammo if its 0, or to bypass this and shoot the projectile directly and skip the normal shoot. Projectile.NewProjectile didn't work.
Also need to find a way to hurt the player and show the damage text above them.

Hi, I'm on mac and when I drag the files into the correct folder, Terraria just doesn't run. I've uninstalled the game about 5 times, and nothing has happened. I've redownloaded all the files. I've even clicked on the tmodloader terminal file, which works and runs tmodloader. I'm very confused, please help.

Hi, I'm on mac and when I drag the files into the correct folder, Terraria just doesn't run. I've uninstalled the game about 5 times, and nothing has happened. I've redownloaded all the files. I've even clicked on the tmodloader terminal file, which works and runs tmodloader. I'm very confused, please help.
sounds like you didn't do the special copy and paste, you'll need to read the readme.txt to fix your install.

Does Steam Host & Play work? I have heard it might but I want to know
It works.

Back
Top Bottom