Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey guys, I've found a problem with the ModConfig. If you try messing on the mod configurations while inside a world, and try to move a slider that has decimal values, It will not change the value. It only changes the value when the mod options are accessed through the mod config on main menu.

I didn't want to do this until it was absolutely necessary, as I don't want to be that person who just asks other people to "fix their mod" but unfortunately, it's gotten to that point. Okay so, I used ExampleMod code combined with the forums to make a yoyo. When I try to compile it in Mod Sources, an error code pops up. Line by line, I'll go over the code and what I did to try and fix it.
First off:
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Missing mod: ModName/Items/YoyoName at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.GetTexture(String name)

So, the (string name) part made me think that a png file or namespace was typed incorrectly. I used Ctrl+F to check the names inside the .cs file as well as the png file in both the yoyo item and projectile and found they all were named correctly. So, I moved to the next line.

at Terraria.ModLoader.ModItem.AutoStaticDefaults()

So I actually misread AutoStaticDefaults as SetStaticDefaults. I couldn't find anything in SetStaticDefaults, and then I realized I misread it. So I used Ctrl+F to search in all mod files for "AutoStaticDefaults" and found nothing.

at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()

Found this was usually coupled with mistyping png/namespace names so I check once again the files and their contents to find no discrepancies.

That was all I understood of the code. I looked up each of these lines individually, together, in pairs, and nothing gave me a solution that wasn't "Check file names and namespaces." If source code is required I'll send it. Honestly, I have no clue what to do. The rest of the error code that I didn't understand (still looked it up) is below. Any help is appreciated.

at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_1(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Is there any chance that it would be possible to add a way to automatically sync your client to the mods on a specific world? There's already an indicator of what mods are different, but if you're going back and forth between two different worlds (in my case, one single player and the other multiplayer) is awkward and slow, because you have to go to the world menu, and try to memorize the differences while going back and finding them on your mods list.

Hello! I need your help. How can I teleport a player to another, like a wormhole potion? I am trying to make an endless wormhole potion.

Any idea how to properly install Tmodloader on a Catalina MacOS, it's 64 bit, but can't open jar files and for some reason it also doesnt recongnise the new EXE file ?

Windows automatically allocates as much RAM as a program needs. If it's unable to allocate more, it's because you've run out of system RAM. Try to close background applications.
This is not true; Terraria (and hence tModloader) by default run using 32 bit architecture rather than 64 bit, so can only use up to 4GB of RAM.

I am on an Asus computer. I have Windows 10. When I have to open it, it asks me what I would like to open it with. What app do I use for that part?

Hey it wont let me unzip the file it saysI need to register for a winzip purchase. what do i do
Try 7Zip. It's free.

I am on an Asus computer. I have Windows 10. When I have to open it, it asks me what I would like to open it with. What app do I use for that part?
When you open what exactly? The .zip file? You need something to unzip it first. Try 7Zip like I suggested above.

So I've been running modded Terraria for a little over a month now. Everything's been awesome. I start my laptop up today so I can play. The game will not start with Tmodloader for NOTHING now. It'll act like its about to open but shuts down after about 3-5 seconds. I've done nothing different.

Things I've tried:
  • Verifying Game integrity
  • Reinstall Tmodloader (the right way)
  • Reinstall Terraria all together
  • Tried the "GOG" copy with Tmodloader
  • Restarting computer
  • Defrag and Optimize SSD
  • Removing Temp files
  • Reinstall Steam
The only thing I have not done yet is try another computer. Now, periodically after trying the listed steps, a Terrariav_1.3.5.3.exe will pop up in the Steamapp folder. The Terrariav_1.3.5.3 will open as that's the vanilla version (still don't know why and how it pops up) and the Terraria that has been modified will not open.

Please help... Vanilla Terraria feels so..... blah now lol.

Thanks in advance

1. Right click terraria.exe, properties, then compatibility
2. then set tick on compatibility mode and select win 8 (or try others)
3. Click Apply then relaunch Terraria

1. Right click terraria.exe, properties, then compatibility
2. then set tick on compatibility mode and select win 8 (or try others)
3. Click Apply then relaunch Terraria

Why TF didn't I think to try that smh

So why would the compatibility just switch like that?!?!?

Thank you so much BTW

Hey, im having a weird issue with the installation that im not sure is on here? when i open the .rar file, the .jar file seems to be another .rar file and i have no idea how to run it. the picture ive attached shows what i mean, im just really confused, all i did was extract the initial rar into a temp folder like it says to do and that was the result :c
Annotation 2020-02-02 165509.png

Hello, I've recently gotten my friend to get Terraria as well as the mods now we want to play together but whenever I make the server and join it, the server then boots me and says next to the IP "Invalid Operation at this State." In the actual game however I spawn into the world fine but can't move nor use anything, just music plays and I can't even exit the world without closing down the entire game. I hope someone has a solution, thanks.

Hey, im having a weird issue with the installation that im not sure is on here? when i open the .rar file, the .jar file seems to be another .rar file and i have no idea how to run it. the picture ive attached shows what i mean, im just really confused, all i did was extract the initial rar into a temp folder like it says to do and that was the result :cView attachment 234938
Looks like the .jar extension has somehow been associated with WinRAR. There's probably several ways to fix this, but the easiest one that I can think of is to update Java.

Back
Top Bottom