Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

With tmodloader now on steam and Terraria updating to 1.4, do we know any sort of timeline for the TML update to 1.4? I am just wondering if I should wait for that update if it is in the near future or just go ahead and play 1.4 now if it is going to be a ways off.

I've got a problem with the steam version, when i download it, it'll install just fine but when i launch it, it never opens, steam will say it's launching then it'll just close
Did you make sure to update Terraria to 1.4?

With tmodloader now on steam and Terraria updating to 1.4, do we know any sort of timeline for the TML update to 1.4? I am just wondering if I should wait for that update if it is in the near future or just go ahead and play 1.4 now if it is going to be a ways off.
It will take some time, months at the very least.

I think,you are just the origin of mods,because you made the tool,and others started the mods,i hope we get tmodloader 1.4 soon,take your time.

Did you make sure to update Terraria to 1.4?

It will take some time, months at the very least.
yeah terraria is updated to 1.4, the steam version of tmodloader worked for about half an hour after i got it then just stopped & hasn't worked since

Last edited:
yeah terraria is updated to 1.4, the steam version of tmodloader worked for about half an hour after i got it then just stopped & hasn't worked since
Having the same issue here.
Can you guys join our discord? When you do ping me or chicken-bones, we want to look into the issue

should i download from github or from steam, what is the difference
No difference, but from steam it should be an 1 click install.

does anybody know an auto open door mod? i used to play console and i didn't have to open doors manually, but now on pc it can get a little tedious

does anybody know an auto open door mod? i used to play console and i didn't have to open doors manually, but now on pc it can get a little tedious
Dont worry about that my friend, Terraria 1.4 has it implemented. Is in the options menu, some "smart doors" or whatever is called. Search for it in the options menu!
;)

If I am not mistaken, there is no NPCID of WorldFeeder in Terraria.ID or Terraria.Modloader libraries. NPCID.WorldFeederHead not exists.

If I am not mistaken, there is no NPCID of WorldFeeder in Terraria.ID or Terraria.Modloader libraries. NPCID.WorldFeederHead not exists.
There is an NPCID for the World Feeder, just not with that name.
When in doubt, I like to use the following method:
Go to the Terraria wiki and find the NPC you're looking for. The internal ID of the NPC is always listed:
Then head over to the vanilla NPC Ids page of the tModLoader wiki and ctrl+F (find) the id that is specified on the wiki:

This way you can figure out that the integer representation of the World Feeder head is 98 which corresponds with the NPCID.SeekerHead value.

I've had this problem since before 1.4. No one came to help me resolve this. And I was hoping the new update would fix this, it didn't.

Everytime I click on Mods, the game would lag so badly, it would take around 5-10 seconds to move the mouse. And every time I click on Mod Browser, the game crashes and gives me this error message. To try to fix this, I would repeatedly uninstall terraria or tmodloader. Obviously, nothing worked.
terraria tmodloader error message.PNG

I've had this problem since before 1.4. No one came to help me resolve this. And I was hoping the new update would fix this, it didn't.

Everytime I click on Mods, the game would lag so badly, it would take around 5-10 seconds to move the mouse. And every time I click on Mod Browser, the game crashes and gives me this error message. To try to fix this, I would repeatedly uninstall terraria or tmodloader. Obviously, nothing worked.
well it says 'invalid modlist'. backup then delete everything in your Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods folder. then reinstall your mods from mod browser.

Hello developers of tModLoader. Jofairden, probably.

So, I've been all over the Steam discussion about Journey's End providing tModLoader as free dlc. Hidden among the usual forum nonsense are continuous questions about why they can't download the DLC. Or why the tModLoader download from the Steam Store isn't working. A bunch of people, myself included, had assumed that you had the fast track on the Terraria code and were being allowed to work in tandem with the release to have tModLoader ready when Journey's End was released. They are up to page 184 and even my recent explanation to someone is now buried by an alt-account argument chain.

I don't know how much contact you guys have with Re-Logic... but if you could, please get them to post an announcement on Steam about why tModLoader isn't available yet. I mean, it won't stop the usual Steam Community griping but it will help out the people who're just looking for the basic information without having to dig through forum pages and piece together what's happening.

Except it very much is ready and available to download. I have it already, with my staple Thorium/Calamity/Fargo/Gensokyo mod spread and assorted addons installed. Unless you mean the 1.4 release. That, I'm afraid, is going to require a lot of time for the Tmod team to dissect 1.4's code and adapt the mod loader to the new architecture. I too have no idea how much contact they have with Red and Cennxx, especially since it was implied they'd given the team a liaison to help with the update. But even with inside help, I suspect it'll take them a month, at least, to get everything ready. Then all the major mods will need to update...

Hello developers of tModLoader. Jofairden, probably.

So, I've been all over the Steam discussion about Journey's End providing tModLoader as free dlc. Hidden among the usual forum nonsense are continuous questions about why they can't download the DLC. Or why the tModLoader download from the Steam Store isn't working. A bunch of people, myself included, had assumed that you had the fast track on the Terraria code and were being allowed to work in tandem with the release to have tModLoader ready when Journey's End was released. They are up to page 184 and even my recent explanation to someone is now buried by an alt-account argument chain.

I don't know how much contact you guys have with Re-Logic... but if you could, please get them to post an announcement on Steam about why tModLoader isn't available yet. I mean, it won't stop the usual Steam Community griping but it will help out the people who're just looking for the basic information without having to dig through forum pages and piece together what's happening.
tModloader is already available here: tModLoader on Steam, and has been since 1.4 came out.
As was said in the announcement thread, this version is staying on 1.3.5 until the developers of tModloader have updated it to 1.4

tModloader is already available here: tModLoader on Steam, and has been since 1.4 came out.
As was said in the announcement thread, this version is staying on 1.3.5 until the developers of tModloader have updated it to 1.4
No... I was talking about the announcement on steam that tModLoader was going to be available as DLC. And how it's not available as DLC. And it's causing confusion on the Steam Forums. And how the only people who know what's going on are the people who aren't daunted by hundreds of pages worth of comments to sort through.

I would've thought that was exceedingly obvious since I directly brought up the part about it being provided as dlc... but I guess I assumed to much.

Let me just catch my breath here and calm down... okay:

Hey, developers of tModLoader...

Do you know that Re-Logic announced "We are just shy of three weeks out from the highly-anticipated release of Terraria: Journey's End, and we know that as the anticipation builds, so will the excitement! Well, allow us to add more fuel to that fire with the official announcement that the long-standing "Terraria mod to make and play mods", tModLoader will be coming to Steam on May 16th as a free DLC for Terraria alongside Journey's End!"?

Well, a lot of people are very confused as to why tModLoader isn't available as free DLC.

I know it's available as a mod program in Steam... that you have to go look for because Terraria has no link to the program. In fact, I only know this program because I searched the forums... for an hour. But there are a lot of people in the Terraria community who are still asking very basic questions in the forums for those announcements because those comment threads have over 100 pages and it's somewhat hard to tell where useful information is going to be among all the usual forum-ing.

Additionally, since the version of tModLoader you are providing is for 1.3.5.3... but Steam has just replaced our Terraria with 1.4.0.3... a lot of people are assuming that the tModLoader you can get from Steam can't work right now. Because Steam is notorious for not letting people play old versions of any games (at least without some measure of jiggery pokery). In fact, I was under that assumption as well. Until yesterday. When I read it somewhere deep into a forum post.

I can explain the situation over and over and over on the forums but it will be inevitably buried by nonsense. So please, if you can, contact Re-Logic and have them post another announcement explaining the situation. Thank you.

No... I was talking about the announcement on steam that tModLoader was going to be available as DLC. And how it's not available as DLC. And it's causing confusion on the Steam Forums. And how the only people who know what's going on are the people who aren't daunted by hundreds of pages worth of comments to sort through.

I would've thought that was exceedingly obvious since I directly brought up the part about it being provided as dlc... but I guess I assumed to much.

Let me just catch my breath here and calm down... okay:

Hey, developers of tModLoader...

Do you know that Re-Logic announced "We are just shy of three weeks out from the highly-anticipated release of Terraria: Journey's End, and we know that as the anticipation builds, so will the excitement! Well, allow us to add more fuel to that fire with the official announcement that the long-standing "Terraria mod to make and play mods", tModLoader will be coming to Steam on May 16th as a free DLC for Terraria alongside Journey's End!"?

Well, a lot of people are very confused as to why tModLoader isn't available as free DLC.

I know it's available as a mod program in Steam... that you have to go look for because Terraria has no link to the program. In fact, I only know this program because I searched the forums... for an hour. But there are a lot of people in the Terraria community who are still asking very basic questions in the forums for those announcements because those comment threads have over 100 pages and it's somewhat hard to tell where useful information is going to be among all the usual forum-ing.

Additionally, since the version of tModLoader you are providing is for 1.3.5.3... but Steam has just replaced our Terraria with 1.4.0.3... a lot of people are assuming that the tModLoader you can get from Steam can't work right now. Because Steam is notorious for not letting people play old versions of any games (at least without some measure of jiggery pokery). In fact, I was under that assumption as well. Until yesterday. When I read it somewhere deep into a forum post.

I can explain the situation over and over and over on the forums but it will be inevitably buried by nonsense. So please, if you can, contact Re-Logic and have them post another announcement explaining the situation. Thank you.
I was confused too, until I downloaded the TML from steam couple days ago. I figured it was the way to play 1.3.5.3 because I though we could play 1.4 and 1.3.5 without the TML because I read somewhere in the news from the forum's front page that we will have both versions and don't have to worry about our mods being outdated.
All this with me visiting this forum a lot. So people who doesn't know how mods work, TML or even Steam will have problems figuring it.
In a side note, I tried the last version of TML from Steam without any problems so far, so nice and relaxed having both working until the next updates, TML and my prefered mods.

Back
Top Bottom