Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Do we know if tmodloader for 1.4 is going to be 64-bit? Playing around with it from Steam and constantly running into memory issues, despite having 32GB DDR4 RAM in my system.

Do we know if tmodloader for 1.4 is going to be 64-bit? Playing around with it from Steam and constantly running into memory issues, despite having 32GB DDR4 RAM in my system.
For now it's not on steam yet no, but you could look and see if there is a 64 bit version non steam (because one exists). I think maybe you could just replace the files in the steam install location and it might launch the 64 bit version (not sure on the installation procedure, so this is just a guess)

To create a mod, first run tModLoader. Click on the "Mod Sources" button in the main menu, then click on the "Open Sources" button to open the folder which contains your mod sources. In this folder, create another folder for your mod, then put all of your .cs files and .png files in that folder. When you are done, build your mod from the "Mod Sources" menu . If the mod failed to build, the game will show you one compile error, and give you an option to view all compile errors as a text file. If the mod successfully builds you will be returned to the main menu. If the game crashes or a mod fails to load, the game will display the error and also give you the option to view the error as a text file. Mods that crash on loading are automatically disabled. Mods are automatically enabled when they are built.
As a DLC on Steam, there is no mod sources button. How do you do this?

My tmodloader keeps crashing when I load calamity I have a 32 bit operator and a 64 bit processor and it's a Dell windows 10 computer a pretty old computer pls help

My tmodloader keeps crashing when I load calamity I have a 32 bit operator and a 64 bit processor and it's a Dell windows 10 computer a pretty old computer pls help
Do you mean your operating system 32 bit and your processor is 64? if so you should really upgrade the OS as that is going to be a huge bottleneck for a lot of gaming as 32bit only allows roughly 4gb of ram to be used, Windows 10 uses a lot of memory and modded Terraria especially heavy mods like calamity and Terraria overhaul are pretty ram intensive and you could easily expect to get an out of memory CTD.

For now it's not on steam yet no, but you could look and see if there is a 64 bit version non steam (because one exists). I think maybe you could just replace the files in the steam install location and it might launch the 64 bit version (not sure on the installation procedure, so this is just a guess)
I was asking for when the 1.4x release of tmodloader is available, will it be 64-bit or only 32-bit?

FAQ

Here are some important things to know when you Install and get ready to dive into tModLoader:

• You do not have to make any backups
  • Simply update Terraria to 1.4 and install tModLoader on Steam
  • You can play vanilla Terraria 1.4 and TML 1.3.5 alongside each other; tModLoader through Steam is treated as a separate game.
  • tModLoader for the 1.4 version of the game will come at a later date.
  • Steam Workshop is not supported as of yet, but is planned.
  • The Mod Browser will exist just as it is now, and we will not force Steam Workshop use
  • You can still use the 64 bit variant of tModLoader, but only as a separate installation
  • With the new release, tModLoader can be installed anywhere regardless of location or whether it is a Steam install.
  • tModLoader will work for Windows, Mac and Linux
Quote from tModLoader steampage.

Guys, I know you're sick and tired of all these "When? When?!!" types of questions, but there's something to be said about not keeping thousands of us totally in the dark. I'm sure a lot of folks are scratching their heads trying to schedule their playthroughs around it. So my question is more realistic one. The mod's dev team has quite a few veterans who worked on 1.3 and earlier versions and can theoretically give an educated estimate of the development progress. Compared to 1.2 or 1.3, and VERY roughly speaking (without going into any promises or estimated timelines, or anything like that) how much progress would you say has been done on 1.4? Closer to a quarter, a half? Are there any serious roadblocks right now that make you feel that the development may drag on longer than expected? I tried to guesstimate these things myself from the GitHub commits but it's way too difficult for an outsider. If you can occasionally give us such basic status updates from time to time, I'm sure many will greatly appreciate it. I know I will.

I posted this almost two months ago and still nothing. Now people are speculating about waiting for 1.4.1, which could be delayed for 2021 for all we know. Guys, this is not an unannounced project like Half-Life 3. Everyone knows that you're actively updating functionality for a new game version. As I said before, I understand your hesitance very well but you could at least give us something, not treat us like dirt by ignoring us altogether...

I posted this almost two months ago and still nothing. Now people are speculating about waiting for 1.4.1, which could be delayed for 2021 for all we know. Guys, this is not an unannounced project like Half-Life 3. Everyone knows that you're actively updating functionality for a new game version. As I said before, I understand your hesitance very well but you could at least give us something, not treat us like dirt by ignoring us altogether...
Yes.. I want a answer too, but they are ignoring us.

About 1 - 2 months ago, (maybe longer, having a tough time remembering when exactly it was) someone asked for a time frame, which i'm pretty certain it was in a different thread, possibly on Steam. IIRC, Jopojelly was the one who replied, and advised that the team are pretty busy with other things in their life/jobs and said to not expect it anytime soon. He said he couldn't provide a time frame but that it'd be "months". Not sure if there has been any other responses regarding timeframe, as I haven't kept that close of an eye out for any.

In case anyone doesn't know, there is a tool that is compatible with v1.4 that has a bunch of functionality in modding Terraria. It's called Terraria Tweaker 2. There are a bunch of preset tweaks and functions that allow you to customize quite a bit, considering it doesn't use TModLoader. Of course, you definitely won't be able to use it as a replacement for some of the big & great 1.3.5 mods but it sure has helped me at least push on w/ 1.4 by providing a lot of QoL tweaks that are important to me personally.

If you have any programming knowledge or the will to read the author's tutorials, you can also write your own plugins. Someone/a group of people have made a recipe helper, for example, which a lot of ppl seem to enjoy. I don't want to explain this next bit entirely because i'm not sure how it works and don't want to use the wrong words, but as i understand, there is also the ability to at least assist in writing certain functions of certain non-1.4 compatible mods in a way to be compatible with Terraria Tweaker's plugin system.

Links:
-----------------------------

Last edited:
No they aren't. Just join the Discord.

No one's treating you like dirt, stop overexaggerating. The tModLoader Discord server is going to be the first place you'll hear news about 1.4 from. Consider joining it.

re-logic stated that a 1.4.1 is planned in the future....... so maybe the tmod team is expecting more code changes before doing the oficial release
1.4.1 likely won't affect progress very much. We have a very nice patcher made by Chicken Bones that solves most of the issues that a new update that doesn't change a ton of code would cause.

Just join the Discord.
Why is it all groups whether it be from official companies to hobbyist modders are pushing people to join one of millions upon millions of discords these days?

yW6I2u4.png

Don't people realize these limits exist?

Why is it all groups whether it be from official companies to hobbyist modders are pushing people to join one of millions upon millions of discords these days?

yW6I2u4.png

Don't people realize these limits exist?
Consider leaving servers after you no longer have any reason to be in them.
They're pushed because it serves as a quick and easy way to communicate with large groups of people.

Consider leaving servers after you no longer have any reason to be in them.
Unfortunately I have a reason to be in all 100 of them, so how can I do so?
They're pushed because it serves as a quick and easy way to communicate with large groups of people.
So its as simple as posting a text message response to a website that doesn't need additional accounts to use? I mean this forum seems relatively instant if you look at the speed you responded to me. ... iDunno, guess I'm just too old school.

Looks like the forum decided to stop watching this thread for me, weird.

As mentioned by everyone else, the discord is the place where discussions and development happens. tModLoader for 1.4 or 1.4.1 is being worked on, but there is no ETA or anything of that sort.

Back
Top Bottom