Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

My thought was, there are many Trophy´s, they are rare but don´t have a use.
With my mod you can make Chakra from them, there are 7 types:
<Pre HC>
Chakra of the Sweatness |Queen Bee
Chakra of the Voidness |World Eater/Brain of Cthulhu
Chakra of the Truth |Eye of Cthulhu
<HC>
Chakra of the Heat |Pumpking
Chakra of the Flow |Duke Fishron
Chakra of the Eternality |Moon Lord
Chakra of the Hate |Skeleton Prime

If you combine the 3 Pre HC Chakra you will get the Chakra infused Scythe:
Its high Damage of 65 and its moderate swing speed make it clearly the best Pre HC melee weapon.

If you combin the 4 HC Chakra you will get the Chakra drained Axe: http://puu.sh/iTirU/7b19aaea16.png
Its abnormally high Damage of 300 and the bonus of 30% crit combined with its fast attack speed will clearly outdamage any other HC Sword.

I think because the Trophy´s are hard to get its only fair to be the best weapons in their classes.

I will try my best, ive never modded before.
Today was my first day, but im programming in C# 3 Years now^^
If animation is possible i will do that immadently and i would be glad if you could test my mod :)

I've always loved programming, done a lot of basic HTML, CSS, Javascript stuff.. In the past did some things with Java but that was not really my thing.
Problem is I don't know where to start with for example C#, I don't want to do the 'hello world' stuff or add like a button. Too basic, that's why I usually start these kind of languages by modding games. I'll test out your mod! OP said .gifs are not (yet) compatible, but I guess you could write some sort of script to give it a cool effect.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436478370,1436478283][/DOUBLEPOST]
oh yeah, does this support custom tiles/npcs/buffs yet? because I realize I can't port my mod over (mainly because it's about furniture).

A lot of options are missing right now and cause fatal crashes (did some myself today). Don't try and port over your things just yet, it needs some more time.
Adding some custom weapons and recipes is OK, but that's about it so far.

Got it working now :)
61559ab1a9.jpg

But I need to craft 3 seperate items, not 3 times the same one.

For example

xyz crafts Apple
but apple should also craft xyz
Well, vanilla recipes don't support that kind of crafting, and not even tapi had anything for that. In the future I suppose you could craft an item that when used gives you the three items.

There was an Update that makes it unable to insert the Modloader into the new Terraria.exe
So safe your already patched .exe! It will still work with the old!
Welp, that would happen during my first day of being out on vacation. At the moment I have no idea how much time I'll have to work on the mod loader, and no idea when my computer will have Internet. I predict that I'll be able to release an update for v1.3.0.4 anytime from Saturday this week to Saturday next week.

Well, vanilla recipes don't support that kind of crafting, and not even tapi had anything for that. In the future I suppose you could craft an item that when used gives you the three items.

Welp, that would happen during my first day of being out on vacation. At the moment I have no idea how much time I'll have to work on the mod loader, and no idea when my computer will have Internet. I predict that I'll be able to release an update for v1.3.0.4 anytime from Saturday this week to Saturday next week.

Don't rush it too much bro. Vacation is vacation, so don't try to worry about this thing. We're not old yet are we? Got lots of time for this fun ^^

So, in this API you can connect .json and .cs? Looks conveniently.
No, i meant that the SetDefaults() method is in very similar structure to a JSON, by that i mean that you can pretty much copypaste the JSON into it, remove the "recipes" tag, remove ALL quotes (except the ones surrounding the tooltip), replace all :s with =s, and add "item." before every tag

No, i meant that the SetDefaults() method is in very similar structure to a JSON, by that i mean that you can pretty much copypaste the JSON into it, remove the "recipes" tag, remove ALL quotes (except the ones surrounding the tooltip), replace all :s with =s, and add "item." before every tag
Yeah, it's quite alike.

The sprite for that scythe is a removed item and is thus against the modding rules, and MUST be removed.
Yeah that's not allowed. ;/

The moment that my Abysswalker armor appears in a crafting menu will be the day that i will rejoice ;D
Soon, my friend. Soon!

Yeah, it's quite alike.

Yeah that's not allowed. ;/

Soon, my friend. Soon!
;D u get a liek

It may seem OP, the fact that ive scaled its stats to match DS1s set but it has no set bonus ;D...

Could potentially make it so it has no knockback = increased poise.. and of course this will be a personal mod (Sorry :/)

Ive modded Payday 2 assets before, its time i test out terrarias boundaries ;D

But! back on topic!, I hope some of you generous overpowered script monkeys will help us code scrubs with the .CS

Back
Top Bottom