Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Projectiles will be added in a future version. Once I add more hooks for items my priority will become either tiles or projectiles.

I should probably clarify in the OP that this ModLoader only works for v1.3.0.3... alright, done.
In the meantime, the Patch.bat creates a file called TerrariaBackup.exe; it's the original vanilla exe. You can just rename that to Terraria.exe then copy it back.

At the moment, so far I've managed to fix the dll bug, improve some of the interface for loading and building mods, and I've started trying to recompile the v1.3.0.4 code. Fortunately I got Internet connection on my computer now, but I'm still on vacation so I won't have as much time as at home.
It works for 1.3.0.4, you just need to use the already patched 1.3.0.3 .exe ;)
Im sending it to everyone atm that needs it.

It works for 1.3.0.4, you just need to use the already patched 1.3.0.3 .exe ;)
Im sending it to everyone atm that needs it.
Are you sending the entire exe? I don't think that's allowed since it's essentially giving out terraria.

I always get this error with the new .exe file "the application was unable to start correctly (0x00007b)".Somebody help please!!!
The problem is that the mod loader is for terraria 1.3.0.3. I'm on vacation right now so I'll probably release an update next week.

@bluemagic123 Is it ok if I make something like this? Makes it easier for most of us.
MkXuJ61.png

Are you sending the entire exe? I don't think that's allowed since it's essentially giving out terraria.

The problem is that the mod loader is for terraria 1.3.0.3. I'm on vacation right now so I'll probably release an update next week.
Then i will not longer doing that, just wanted to help you :)

@bluemagic123 Is it ok if I make something like this? Makes it easier for most of us.
MkXuJ61.png

Where are you saving the location?
In the registry? If yes, please warn the user about that.

Where are you saving the location?
In the registry? If yes, please warn the user about that.

@bluemagic123

It's all in the .exe itself
It works like this:

1. Enter the path to the terraria folder that contains 'terraria.exe'
  2. Click 'Install Files'
  3. Click 'Install tModLoader'
  4. ???
  5. Profit!
It is done within a few seconds :)
Not that it is hard to do on your own.. but I notice people are still having issues.. so this might be easier for them.. Will obviously only release this if the OP is ok with it.

Edit: Got it fully working now for this current release. All you need for this is the .exe file of the program I created and it does everything for you.
Not sure if the terraria.exe fresh copy is allowed, but for me it was just for ease of restoration while working on the app.. The file is about 8mb and contains all you need :D

step_1.png step_2.png step_3.png step_4.png step_5.png

Last edited:
It works like this:

2. Click 'Install Files'
  4. ???
  5. Profit!
Not that it is hard to do on your own.. but I notice people are still having issues.. so this might be easier for them.. Will obviously only release this if the OP is ok with it.

Edit: Got it fully working now for this current release. All you need for this is the .exe file of the program I created and it does everything for you.
Just wondered how you saved the Path in the .exe
If i need to safe data, i either use .XML files or i write it all into the Registry.

@bluemagic123

It works like this:

2. Click 'Install Files'
  4. ???
  5. Profit!

Not sure if the terraria.exe fresh copy is allowed, but for me it was just for ease of restoration while working on the app.. The file is about 8mb and contains all you need :D

View attachment 62351 View attachment 62352 View attachment 62353 View attachment 62354 View attachment 62355
Sure, something like that would be of great help. :)
A fresh Terraria.exe wouldn't be allowed, but it looks like you have it so that it uses the person's own Terraria.exe, so everything looks good.

Sure, something like that would be of great help. :)
A fresh Terraria.exe wouldn't be allowed, but it looks like you have it so that it uses the person's own Terraria.exe, so everything looks good.

@bluemagic123

tModLoaderUtils
Version 1.2.0.0 works with v0.1.2.0 of tModLoader

NOTICE: To prevent 'This app can not run on your PC' make sure you run the vanilla file at least once (1.3.0.6 Terraria) before attempting to install

NOTICE: Make sure to delete the old patch_info and bspatch.exe files (inside your Terraria folder) otherwise Terraria won't start!

Currently a small bug: You need to restart tModLoaderUtils once you've set the path otherwise it fails install and you will get errors, sorry about that!
Bug is fixed

Changelog:
  • Now supports v0.1.2.0 tModLoader (Terraria 1.3.0.6)
  • Overhauled interface, no more tabs (all in one page)
  • No more 'configure', just click Install
  • Currently still supports 1 backup

• Now supports v0.1.1.0 tModLoader (Terraria 1.3.0.5)
  • Overhauled interface, tabs!
  • Now requires 'Configure' before install
  • Supports 1 backup

How to install using this app:
  • Set path, you can drag&drop Terraria.exe or its file or you can use the directory browser or you can enter the path manually. Make sure to hit the save icon.
  • Now hit Install, it should return "Install complete (Success) (0)" (automatically makes a backup)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6f0a5716or6n9b/tModLoader.exe?dl=0

Screens of v1.1.0.0 (what is used to look like)

VDtVBQJ.png

Screens of 1.2.0.0: (what is looks like now)
bVKWwb9.png

Last edited:
Isn't working for me.... i have Downloaded and installed your new modloader which results in my terraria not being able to load :?

Isn't working for me.... i have Downloaded and installed your new modloader which results in my terraria not being able to load :?
Well, the mod loader is currently only for Terraria 1.3.0.3. Installation works through binary difference patches, so applying that patch to Terraria 1.3.0.4 will create nonsense. I am currently working on an update for 1.3.0.4, along with some progress on the mod loader itself.

Well, the mod loader is currently only for Terraria 1.3.0.3. Installation works through binary difference patches, so applying that patch to Terraria 1.3.0.4 will create nonsense. I am currently working on an update for 1.3.0.4, along with some progress on the mod loader itself.
<3 ty

Back
Top Bottom