Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Wait, so you're trying to create a new WyvernCoreItem() when that class doesn't actually exist?

In the SetDefaults method, you can modify item.tileBoost.
I guess thats what im trying to do.... don't i need the globalitem class (in this case named WyvernCoreItem) to use the AddItem feature?

Patience, Time, A little(sometimes a lot) of looking through and learning from others.(not me, i am bad at mod making still) and reading through the OP for tips and tricks. (highly recommend looking through the example mod as well).
Well IDK how to code, don't know what kind of software I need, can't trust 70% of the internet because of scams, hacks, Trojans, and other stuff and I can't install nor download stuff for an entire week (4 more days until I can) because of internet issues of exeeding 400gb of internet usage. Also don't forget the fact that I don't know where to start on making a mod, so yeah.

Ok, so after searching a bit,I've found some code to alter vanilla NPC drops, i am not sure exactly how to alter the drops and decide what NPC it is altering. i briefly tried changing it so it alters wyvern drops to include a "WyvernScale" but i don't believe it works. :p *note* this was originally meant for tapi-not sure if there are tmodloader hooks working in this. *second note* Heres the original post of this code.
Woops made the whole inside of the spoiler a link, fyi.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;

namespace WyvernCore.NPC
{
public class WyvernNPC : ModNPC
{
public WyvernNPC(ModBase modBase, NPC n) : base(modBase, n){ }

public override void PostNPCLoot()
{
Item.WyvernScale((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, ITEM_TYPE);
}
}
}

Ok, so after searching a bit,I've found some code to alter vanilla NPC drops, i am not sure exactly how to alter the drops and decide what NPC it is altering. i briefly tried changing it so it alters wyvern drops to include a "WyvernScale" but i don't believe it works. :p *note* this was originally meant for tapi-not sure if there are tmodloader hooks working in this. *second note* Heres the original post of this code.
Woops made the whole inside of the spoiler a link, fyi.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;

namespace WyvernCore.NPC
{
public class WyvernNPC : ModNPC
{
public WyvernNPC(ModBase modBase, NPC n) : base(modBase, n){ }

public override void PostNPCLoot()
{
Item.WyvernScale((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, ITEM_TYPE);
}
}
}
At the moment tModLoader doesn't have support for NPCs, nor does it have support for global NPCs.

when i tried to make an item as a test i get this
upload_2015-7-22_14-24-39.png

says that there's a problem with this file here:
upload_2015-7-22_14-26-23.png

sorry for any noob mistakes i may have made; i'm fairly new to modding terraria and this api so don't judge to harshly, any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.

will that support be in next update?
I have a list of goals at the end of the OP for the next update. In summary, the next update will focus on making modding easier for the modder, with an extra goal of adding custom dust.
After that, I plan to add support for tiles first, then I plan to add support for projectiles, then for world generation, then for servers and extra player stuff, then finally I'll most likely add support for NPCs after that.

when i tried to make an item as a test i get this
View attachment 65047
says that there's a problem with this file here:
View attachment 65048

sorry for any noob mistakes i may have made; i'm fairly new to modding terraria and this api so don't judge to harshly, any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.
Hm, in your GlowingMushroomShirt file, what does it say the namespace is? (For example how the file you showed says "namespace Test".)

When exactly did it start crashing? And just to make sure, every texture is named properly, right?

I have GlowingMushroomShirt.png, GlowingMushroomShirtArms.png, GlowingMushroomShirtFemaleBody.png and GlowingMushroomShirtBody.png, and it satrted crashing after i tried loading the mod, windows said it had stopped working and closed it and it's been doing that every time i open tmodloader.

I have GlowingMushroomShirt.png, GlowingMushroomShirtArms.png, GlowingMushroomShirtFemaleBody.png and GlowingMushroomShirtBody.png, and it satrted crashing after i tried loading the mod, windows said it had stopped working and closed it and it's been doing that every time i open tmodloader.
Does it crash before the loading message comes up, or does it crash after the loading message? Or if it crashes in the middle, what does the message say before a crash?

Back
Top Bottom