Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Can someone help me, Terraria works perfectly but when i use tModLoader everything is perfect except when i walk on anything its super laggy, and when i fly in the air or jump the game becomes really smoothly again or if i stand still

Did i ruined my files?.. I even re-installed everything but i get the same problem sadly enough

Here is a video link if you need to see it with your eyes, on video it's way less laggy for some reason but here you:

P.S = Who found the solution to fix this gets a cookie

just kidding. you are awesome if you helped me

It looks a bit to me like you have frame-skip off.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti
Intel Core i3 4160
4 GB of Ram
1 Terabyte capacity
etc.. even it's a new computer

I dont think it's the pc specs to be honest, but i wonder what the problem could be

Some Times its better than a Game use the Nvidia Graphik cart,but some times it used the Intigrated

To Check these go to your Taskbar and rightclick on Nvidia Geforce Expierience
Then Click on Nvidia System(Here anything,its in german by me C:)
then Start TErraria Once and close it
Go in the Nvidia System.... and click on 3D Setting
Click on Add and Chose Terraria
Then Click on "Add Chosen Programm" or so,you know its german for me C:

Here a Screen how it sould look

Unbenannt.PNG

Then go to 2.and Chose there your Nvidia Graphik Card

I think you have an other Problem with your Frame Drops,but if Terraria dont used the Better Graphik Card it should Help C:
If its already use the Nvidia Graphic Card,all what i sayed is Useless C:

Some Times its better than a Game use the Nvidia Graphik cart,but some times it used the Intigrated

To Check these go to your Taskbar and rightclick on Nvidia Geforce Expierience
Then Click on Nvidia System(Here anything,its in german by me C:)
then Start TErraria Once and close it
Go in the Nvidia System.... and click on 3D Setting
Click on Add and Chose Terraria
Then Click on "Add Chosen Programm" or so,you know its german for me C:

Here a Screen how it sould look

View attachment 114246

Then go to 2.and Chose there your Nvidia Graphik Card

I think you have an other Problem with your Frame Drops,but if Terraria dont used the Better Graphik Card it should Help C:
If its already use the Nvidia Graphic Card,all what i sayed is Useless C:

I tried it, when i launched tModLoader and went to my world everything went fine, the game wasnt slow
but 30seconds later i was experiencing the same issue again

Thank you verry much for helping.. but i don't think i'll be able to find a solution for this

Hey @bluemagic123 / @jopojelly /@anyotherdevs , thanks so much for your hard work on this! Do you happen to have a version of the 1.3.1 Linux build available for download, even in its currently broken state? I'd like to help with diagnosing bugs and getting it ready to run for us Mac & Linux users. Assuming you want the help, that is, but I know everyone is busy and more hands and eyes couldn't hurt! :D

I took a shot at building it myself from the git repo, but either that's not possible on Linux (and I don't really have ready access to a Windows machine) or I'm just not smart enough to figure it out, ha. For funs, I also tried running the "tModLoaderMac.exe" from the ModCompile folder in the 1.3.1 Windows release, and it crashed as expected (with an extremely vague error), but I figured that was more likely to be from an incompatible "#ifdef MAC" than the actual bug you referred to.

Thanks!

I've heard that the current version of tModLoader is incompatible with 1.3.1 (which makes sense). When can we expect an update? (I know, I know, people hate it when others ask "omg when ya gonna be done," but... well... a status update would be nice, maybe?)
Also, when that update comes out, will tModLoader mods be required to update as well?

Finally, one more question: I happen to be an OSX user and do not have access to a Windows machine. Is there a way for me to look into Terraria modding without the use of Windows-only applications?

I've heard that the current version of tModLoader is incompatible with 1.3.1 (which makes sense). When can we expect an update? (I know, I know, people hate it when others ask "omg when ya gonna be done," but... well... a status update would be nice, maybe?)
Also, when that update comes out, will tModLoader mods be required to update as well?

Finally, one more question: I happen to be an OSX user and do not have access to a Windows machine. Is there a way for me to look into Terraria modding without the use of Windows-only applications?

Tmodloader is already Updated to 1.3.1

The Modding Team of Tmodloader trys to make Mac and Linux Working for Tmodloader

Oh, it is? Great! I suppose I"m a little out of the loop then, lol.
Actually, when I asked about terraria modding in OSX, I wasn't really talking about building tModLoader mods (since those are just C#, and there's a mono IDE that can build C# (though of course, it would be nice if building from Terraria menu worked)). I was thinking more along the lines of getting a hold of some actual documentation of stuff that we can do. There's the modding API available on GitHub, but it doesn't provide enough information for someone without access to the Terraria source code (which would be required for someone trying to make a standalone mod, or attempt to help with tModLoader development). Currently, the only way I've seen of getting the Terraria source is through a program called ILSpy, which is so 100% windows only that not even Mono can run it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot something: when are we going to get support for custom dyes?! Seriously, it's been THIS long and we still can't make dyes?? I have this awesome mod idea that would let you mix your own dyes and tamper with shader effects or whatnot in-game (for instance, Rainbow Hades Dye, or Shifting Flame Dye, or [HEXADECIMAL] Dye)

... then, of course, I think about all the GUI elements that would be required, which is also something not supported by tModLoader, and lose all hope...

Last edited:
Actually, when I asked about terraria modding in OSX, I wasn't really talking about building tModLoader mods (since those are just C#, and there's a mono IDE that can build C# (though of course, it would be nice if building from Terraria menu worked)). I was thinking more along the lines of getting a hold of some actual documentation of stuff that we can do. There's the modding API available on GitHub, but it doesn't provide enough information for someone without access to the Terraria source code (which would be required for someone trying to make a standalone mod, or attempt to help with tModLoader development). Currently, the only way I've seen of getting the Terraria source is through a program called ILSpy, which is so 100% windows only that not even Mono can run it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot something: when are we going to get support for custom dyes?! Seriously, it's been THIS long and we still can't make dyes?? I have this awesome mod idea that would let you mix your own dyes and tamper with shader effects or whatnot in-game (for instance, Rainbow Hades Dye, or Shifting Flame Dye, or [HEXADECIMAL] Dye)

... then, of course, I think about all the GUI elements that would be required, which is also something not supported by tModLoader, and lose all hope...

focus on the things you CAN create, of which, there is many.

wanna do something simple? make a nice shiny weapon pack with a few good NPCs who randomly spawn anywhere that help you combat the increased spawn rate your mod provides.

wanna do something complex? make a new mount that push and pull custom npc boxes that fit into custom tiles which activate events which causes the whole world to change in ways such as spawning a new dungeon tower with an epic treasure atop, or making a previously invulnerable boss suddenly able to take damage.

sure these aren't THAT idea that brought you here, but there is so much you already can do with tmodloader... so do what you can with it, and maybe eventually down the road, support for those very specific features will become available

for things you do want to do and dont yet know how, dont hesitate to ask the community, there are many who are ready and willing to help

focus on the things you CAN create, of which, there is many.

wanna do something simple? make a nice shiny weapon pack with a few good NPCs who randomly spawn anywhere that help you combat the increased spawn rate your mod provides.

wanna do something complex? make a new mount that push and pull custom npc boxes that fit into custom tiles which activate events which causes the whole world to change in ways such as spawning a new dungeon tower with an epic treasure atop, or making a previously invulnerable boss suddenly able to take damage.

sure these aren't THAT idea that brought you here, but there is so much you already can do with tmodloader... so do what you can with it, and maybe eventually down the road, support for those very specific features will become available

for things you do want to do and dont yet know how, dont hesitate to ask the community, there are many who are ready and willing to help
Sadly, I'm not a great artist / creative person in that regard, lol. Interesting idea with the boxes, though it sounds much more like an adventure map tool (block puzzles lol), and generating structures in-world can be dangerous (can wreck player constructions, etc.).

I can code things pretty well, but I'd need someone else to lead the project / provide ideas / make art / etc..

Hey could the problem with the Mac be that you are looking for terraria.exe when macs don't use .exe?
If that were actually a problem, then not only would all previous Mac versions not have worked, but also vanilla Terraria wouldn't work on Mac either.

Trying to run Terraria after a manual install, with the GOG version, and this pops up: https://gyazo.com/88c073dd757a7f8f9d81f6098120ba8f

It worked with 1.3.0.8.
Huh, to be honest I'm not sure how you got it to work earlier. Until someone with the GoG version decides to help us, there is no GoG support.

Unfortunately, due to how messy the Terraria code can be, it would be too much effort to document it. Hm... you're right, people using Macs are in a pretty tough spot in that regard.
The main reason custom dyes aren't possible yet is that there's many larger features that we still need to add (finish biome support, tile entity support, etc). I did teach myself how XNA effects work a month ago though, so custom dyes will be possible sometime in the future.

Back
Top Bottom