Welcome to the unofficial tModLoader 64-bit branch of tModLoader!
This is a fork of Original tModLoader, and it's only been made a possibility due to tModLoader being open source!
Before delving any deeper, there are some things I must state, as well as things you must agree to. If not, then don't even bother continuing.
• We're not responsible for anything that may happen as a consequence of the installation, which may affect your files,sanity, and various other possible side effects.
• We will not support or help you if you do not own a legitimate copy of Terraria. Just buy the game on Steam. No 'but's.
• You cannot compile mods in tML 64-bit at the moment, in its current state it's only usable for gameplay.
• Follow the rules on the website.
• Follow other changed or added guidelines/rules in the future as well as ones from the Original tML thread.
• The information from the original tML still applies, so don't toss out your books, guides, and mods.
Through dark unknown magic, @Dradonhunter11 and @Rartrin have created a 64-bit version of tML.
Now we're just giving it away like hotcakes. No longer are the days of limited mods. Run all your mods. At least a vast majority of them! (Mod incompatibilities may still be a thing.)
What does it do?
First of all, it removes that pesky RAM limit, and so it allows you to run more mods!
And, as a great topping, this version also greatly improves performance and adds some QoL changes.
The mods below are a great example of memory capabilities of 64-bit version.
Installation is very similar to that of original tModLoader. Just follow the steps.
• Get a fresh install of Terraria.
• Download 64-bit tML below.
• Open the .zip file you downloaded with your favorite file archiver.
• Drag and drop files from the archive into your game's folder, and choose "replace files" if prompted.
• Launch the game!
64-bit 0.11.6.2 Beta Phase 1
Download from MEGA
• 64 Bit Operating system *Windows*
• 4GBs of Ram (Minimum)
• (We now have 32-bit support, which could improve your performance, as it was ported to FNA! Still quite limited mod-wise, though. You can't expect to use more mods without a 64-bit system and 4GBs of ram, can you?)
• @Dradonhunter11 and @Rartrin for creating this version in the first place.
• @Desenrrollado, various testers and the entire support staff team on the discord. Seriously, those guys are awesome!
• Relogic for making this great game!
• As well as the entire tModLoader Team for making this possible.