Standalone [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

Dradonhunter11

Official Terrarian
Note : 0.11.8.6 is out on discord! If you have ANY issues, join the discord server as I rarely do check the forum.

GvoNnVB.png

Welcome to the unofficial tModLoader 64-bit branch of tModLoader!
This is a fork of Original tModLoader, and it's only been made a possibility due to tModLoader being open source!

Important Notes
Before delving any deeper, there are some things I must state, as well as things you must agree to. If not, then don't even bother continuing. :dryadrolleyes:

• We're not responsible for anything that may happen as a consequence of the installation, which may affect your files,sanity, and various other possible side effects.
• We will not support or help you if you do not own a legitimate copy of Terraria. Just buy the game on Steam. No 'but's.
• You cannot compile mods in tML 64-bit at the moment, in its current state it's only usable for gameplay.
• Follow the rules on the website.
• Follow other changed or added guidelines/rules in the future as well as ones from the Original tML thread.
The information from the original tML still applies, so don't toss out your books, guides, and mods.
• We are not actively looking in this thread, to get support please join the discord server.

Thank you. :dryadpassionate:

Description
Through dark unknown magic, @Dradonhunter11 and @Rartrin have created a 64-bit version of tML.
Now we're just giving it away like hotcakes. No longer are the days of limited mods. Run all your mods. At least a vast majority of them! (Mod incompatibilities may still be a thing.)

What does it do?
First of all, it removes that pesky RAM limit, and so it allows you to run more mods!
And, as a great topping, this version also greatly improves performance and adds some QoL changes.

The mods below are a great example of memory capabilities of 64-bit version.
tUIdWZU.png

Installation
Installation for tModLoader 64 bit

Download the tModLoader 64 bit files

Download the tModLoader 64 bit files. Download the top zip file, the top zip file should look something like this. Click on that zip to download it. Then let it finish downloading

Unpack the tModLoader 64 bit files
Unpack the tModLoader 64 bit files using a zip extractor like 7zip or using the standard extractor provided with Windows 10. Right click the .zip file and press 'Extract all'. This will open a new window, click 'Extract'

Cut the files
Open the folder where you extracted the files, it should have the same name as the zip file. Select all the files by pressing Ctrl+A then right click on the file and press 'cut'

Paste the files
Open the tModLoader folder by opening steam and then searching for tModLoader. Right click tModLoader>Properties>Local Files>Browse local files. This will open the tModLoader folder. Right click anywhere in the folder and then press 'Paste'. If it asks you if you want to override things, click 'Replace Files in the destination'

How to start tModLoader
You can now either start tModLoader 64 bit directly by double clicking the tModLoader 64 bit .exe file or you can follow the guide under this one and add tModLoader 64 bit to your steam library

Downloads
64-bit 0.11.8.6

Download from Github

• 64 Bit Operating system *Windows*
• 4GBs of Ram (Minimum)
• (We now have 32-bit support, which could improve your performance, as it was ported to FNA! Still quite limited mod-wise, though. You can't expect to use more mods without a 64-bit system and 4GBs of ram, can you?)
64-bit 0.10.1.5 : Google Drive / Mediafire / Dropbox (DO NOT GET UNLESS YOU WANT TO USE TREMOR)

32-bit: Mediafire / Dropbox (Engine/Performance improvements only) (Outdated)

Links

Credits
@Dradonhunter11 and @Rartrin for creating this version in the first place.
@Desenrrollado, various testers and the entire support staff team on the discord. Seriously, those guys are awesome!
• Relogic for making this great game!
As well as the entire tModLoader Team for making this possible.

V5PLK66.png

Last edited:
Reserved for changelog ^^
tml x64 0.10.1.5 - The big update :
- 32 bit support
- Changed how native dll work (thx to 0x0ade for all the help on there :D)
- Added a tons more of dll (yup, we did not have enough)
- Texture pack also work! Now you can enjoy 64bit without having to sacrfice your texture pack
- The converter is longer needed. Which mean that ffmpeg is no longer required to make music work
- Added an indicator in the main menu that now show if you are running tml FNA and also the type of process it's currently running (32bit or 64bit)
-- Need tester with 32bit machine to test ^^
- Next focus will be linux version

-- Quick bug fix --
- Fix tml FNA(XXbit) not showing up

tml x64 0.10.1.5 - Texture pack fix :
- Fixed texture pack
- Updated FNA
- Broke sound because of the new FNA update (my bad)

tml x64 0.10.1.5 (out):
- Fixed auto backup!

tml x64 0.11 beta-1 update (private beta out):
- Updated tml64 to 0.11 beta
- Finally fixed world not deleting (apparently world have it's own deleting method, which I wasn't aware of, oopsie)
- More improvement on auto backup, we might see mod config support with them ;)
- Now (64-bit) will appear next the windows title
- Still no mod compile, sorry :(

tML x64 0.11.5
- Updated to 0.11.5
- Mod compile now work! (yay)
- Added support link to both tml and tml 64bit patreon/discord link
- Console will now be alway shown

Last edited:
Hi, just wanted to let you know that Item Checklist works perfectly - playing with it now.

Calamity works but has a weird bug - when loading as first mod (before any other ones - not sure whether they are loaded alphabetically or by data of change of file), it freezes on "bosshealthbar.xnb" file and hangs completely. (waited for 30m to get through).

If Calamity DOESN'T load as first mods (I downloaded AFKPETS which loads first now) - Calamity loads fine.

Otherwise - this thing is perfect - running large world with bellow mods - haven't found a single issue after playing for 6 hours!

"AFKPETS",
"ShorterRespawn",
"MaxStackPlus",
"SecondHotbar",
"WMITF",
"TheOneLibrary",
"Infinity",
"Fishing3",
"TrueEater",
"Fargowiltas",
"HamstarHelpers",
"BaseMod",
"WingSlot",
"FargowiltasSouls",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"MagicStorage",
"AlchemistNPC",
"BossChecklist",
"FullHealthRespawn",
"Boombastic",
"OreSeeds",
"GRealm",
"Laugicality",
"QualityOfLifeRecipes",
"NoFishTimer",
"ReforgeArmor",
"EnemyMods",
"SpiritMod",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"ItemChecklist",
"ElementsAwoken",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ThoriumMod",
"AssortedCrazyThings",
"VeinMiner",
"HEROsMod",
"CrystiliumMod",
"ForgottenMemories",
"SacredTools",
"Loot",
"imkSushisMod",
"LithosArmory",
"JoostMod",
"CalamityMod",
"Redemption",
"MoreAccessories",
"Pumpking",
"chadsfurni",
"LootBags",
"CalamityModMusic",
"AutoTrash",
"GoldensMisc",
"MultiLure",
"Bluemagic",
"BrighterTorches",
"CampfireBuffs",
"MerchantsPlus",
"FasterPickaxes",
"imkSushisNaturallyOccuringMoonsMod",
"MinibossExpansion",
"NoMoreTombs",
"ReducedGrinding",
"XItemStats",
"CorruCrimNPCs"
[doublepost=1547923253,1547923170][/doublepost]I'm obviously talking about 0.10 64 bit not 0.11 beta ;)

Hi, just wanted to let you know that Item Checklist works perfectly - playing with it now.

Calamity works but has a weird bug - when loading as first mod (before any other ones - not sure whether they are loaded alphabetically or by data of change of file), it freezes on "bosshealthbar.xnb" file and hangs completely. (waited for 30m to get through).

If Calamity DOESN'T load as first mods (I downloaded AFKPETS which loads first now) - Calamity loads fine.

Otherwise - this thing is perfect - running large world with bellow mods - haven't found a single issue after playing for 6 hours!

"AFKPETS",
"ShorterRespawn",
"MaxStackPlus",
"SecondHotbar",
"WMITF",
"TheOneLibrary",
"Infinity",
"Fishing3",
"TrueEater",
"Fargowiltas",
"HamstarHelpers",
"BaseMod",
"WingSlot",
"FargowiltasSouls",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"MagicStorage",
"AlchemistNPC",
"BossChecklist",
"FullHealthRespawn",
"Boombastic",
"OreSeeds",
"GRealm",
"Laugicality",
"QualityOfLifeRecipes",
"NoFishTimer",
"ReforgeArmor",
"EnemyMods",
"SpiritMod",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"ItemChecklist",
"ElementsAwoken",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ThoriumMod",
"AssortedCrazyThings",
"VeinMiner",
"HEROsMod",
"CrystiliumMod",
"ForgottenMemories",
"SacredTools",
"Loot",
"imkSushisMod",
"LithosArmory",
"JoostMod",
"CalamityMod",
"Redemption",
"MoreAccessories",
"Pumpking",
"chadsfurni",
"LootBags",
"CalamityModMusic",
"AutoTrash",
"GoldensMisc",
"MultiLure",
"Bluemagic",
"BrighterTorches",
"CampfireBuffs",
"MerchantsPlus",
"FasterPickaxes",
"imkSushisNaturallyOccuringMoonsMod",
"MinibossExpansion",
"NoMoreTombs",
"ReducedGrinding",
"XItemStats",
"CorruCrimNPCs"
[doublepost=1547923253,1547923170][/doublepost]I'm obviously talking about 0.10 64 bit not 0.11 beta ;)

That's a known issue. For some reason holding the sun/moon makes it load. It only occurs for some people. I avoid running the game in steam, and run it out of a backup since it fixes other issues some users encounter. Try doing that next time you're loading.

Also wanted to report another issue. Randomly (not 100% of the time) the game simply crashes to desktop with no error message while doing "Save and Exit".

It goes as far as "Saving World Data 100%" - then crashes at this exact moment.

Resulting world is not corrupted or anything - it simply doesn't save the state for some reason.

Also wanted to report another issue. Randomly (not 100% of the time) the game simply crashes to desktop with no error message while doing "Save and Exit".

It goes as far as "Saving World Data 100%" - then crashes at this exact moment.

Resulting world is not corrupted or anything - it simply doesn't save the state for some reason.
check logs

Hi Dradonhunter

Checking the logs gave me this:

[19:22:35] [63/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving map data
[19:22:36] [63/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving world data
[19:22:36] [63/INFO] [StatusText]: Validating world save
[19:22:45] [64/INFO] [Terraria]: Loading World: VoidGap, IsCloud=False
[19:22:46] [64/INFO] [StatusText]: Resetting game objects
[19:22:46] [64/INFO] [StatusText]: Loading world data
[19:22:46] [64/INFO] [StatusText]: Settling liquids
[19:22:48] [64/INFO] [StatusText]: Loading map data
[19:22:48] [64/INFO] [StatusText]: Drawing map
[19:22:48] [64/INFO] [Terraria]: Entering world with player: Overlord, IsCloud=False
[19:22:52] [43/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving map data
[19:22:52] [43/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving world data
[19:22:53] [43/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\"""""""\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Worlds\VoidGap.wld' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.Write(String path, Byte[] data, Int32 length, Boolean cloud)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
at Terraria.WorldGen.SaveAndQuitCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

[19:22:53] [43/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\"""""""""""\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Worlds\VoidGap.wld' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.Write(String path, Byte[] data, Int32 length, Boolean cloud)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
at Terraria.WorldGen.SaveAndQuitCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
[19:22:53] [43/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000:00000 - 000000.81 UNHANDLED crash? True
Sender: Name:Terraria.exe
There are no context policies.

It seems that TMODLOADER is locking the world file after loading it once. Whenever I restart PC and launch terraria for the first time....enter the world...and do Save & Exit for the FIRST TIME, it saves no problem. Re-entering the world and trying to save it again produces above error about the file being used by another process.

The error also happens after closing terraria completely and relaunching it - only restarting PC helps, and only for ONE world save. Then it repeats itself again.

This happens irrespective of the quantity of the mods used. Same with 50 something mods, and same one or two.

I feel like it should be pointed out this is a beta of an ambitious fork of TModLoader. It's expected to have random issues, thankfully, people seem to be fully reporting them as they come.
Nice work guys, just keep in mind that even with 64bit's worth of mods, things are bound to still have problems. Atleast TMODLoader is FAR more stable than Minecraft's Forge, which crashes so often I just don't...

I feel like it should be pointed out this is a beta of an ambitious fork of TModLoader. It's expected to have random issues, thankfully, people seem to be fully reporting them as they come.
Nice work guys, just keep in mind that even with 64bit's worth of mods, things are bound to still have problems. Atleast TMODLoader is FAR more stable than Minecraft's Forge, which crashes so often I just don't...
the tml 0.11 beta actually have quite some issue rn, even the normal one. I wanted to release the 0.11 beta 64bit but I think I might hold off since it's really unstable and a lot of mod need to be updated.

So, I keep getting the Key not found in registry error with 64bit. 32 bit seems to run fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause? I tried copying the files into a fresh install and also created a separate copy of the game on my drive but the error persists. And yes, I have a genuine steam version of the game.

I want to personally once again hereby grant express permission for this endeavor, but please remember this modification TML is 'unofficial' and its authors are unaffiliated with the core team of TML.

Remember that tModLoader is open source: you are free to do it what you will so long as you abide to our license (can be seen here)
Long story short: our project is licensed under the MIT license; a simple and permissive license.

Happy modding! :)

Last edited:
I want to personally once again hereby grant permission for this endeavor
Remember that tModLoader is open source: you are free to do it what you will so long as you abide to our license (can be seen here)
Long story short: our project is licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License and officially on Blushiemagic's name. The gist of it I will give you here:

Conditions
  • Source code must be made available when the software is distributed
  • A copy of the license and copyright notice must be included with the software.
  • Users who interact with the software via network are given the right to receive a copy of the source code.
  • Modifications must be released under the same license when distributing the software. In some cases a similar or related license may be used.
  • Changes made to the code must be documented.
Permissions
  • The software and derivatives may be used for commercial purposes.
  • The software may be distributed.
  • The software may be modified.
  • The license provides an express grant of patent rights from contributors.
  • The software may be used and modified in private.
Happy modding! :)
Yup I'm aware of that, it's just that patcher don't like space in the path and effectively break everytime I use it which get really annoying :/
[doublepost=1548183627,1548183602][/doublepost]
So, I keep getting the Key not found in registry error with 64bit. 32 bit seems to run fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause? I tried copying the files into a fresh install and also created a separate copy of the game on my drive but the error persists. And yes, I have a genuine steam version of the game.
DM me for that with actual proof

Actually I did get the "registry key not found" error before.

Solved it by.
1.Uninstalling terraria completely. Reinstalling it again.
2. Copied to another folder into which I installed TMODLOADER 64bit.
3. Made sure steam starts as AS ADMINISTRATOR.
4. Run Terraria 64 bit from the separate folder as ADMINISTRATOR.

Worked without issues. By the way I'm on Win 10 pro.

Back
Top Bottom