Standalone [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

I posted this question on the terraria steam community forums but got no answer:
How can you launch the 64 bit version of Tmod loader?

Before the final update, you simply replaced the vanilla terraria files with the 64 bit tmod loader ones but as we all know, this is not possible anymore.
So, what am I supposed to do? Will replacing the files of Tmod loader to the 64 bit loader ones or is there is another way?
Or the 64 bit version is unusable until some update happens?

I posted this question on the terraria steam community forums but got no answer:
How can you launch the 64 bit version of Tmod loader?

Before the final update, you simply replaced the vanilla terraria files with the 64 bit tmod loader ones but as we all know, this is not possible anymore.
So, what am I supposed to do? Will replacing the files of Tmod loader to the 64 bit loader ones or is there is another way?
Or the 64 bit version is unusable until some update happens?
You can't. Once you update to 1.4 and download Tmodloader via steam you're done for. Now you have to wait for Tmodloader 32 bit or 64 bit to update to work with 1.4, and that will take MONTHS if not a YEAR. Sorry man. Unless you made a backup of your old Terraria folder from 1.3.5, you're pretty much out of options.

You can't. Once you update to 1.4 and download Tmodloader via steam you're done for. Now you have to wait for Tmodloader 32 bit or 64 bit to update to work with 1.4, and that will take MONTHS if not a YEAR. Sorry man. Unless you made a backup of your old Terraria folder from 1.3.5, you're pretty much out of options.
Considering Tmodloader on steam is still running 1.3.5 you just need to wait for a compat update from the 64bit dev to fix installs there, then you'll be fine.

So, Tmodloader on steam basically lied? I've been trying to figure this out for hours because the steam version says it's possible to replace its files with the 64 bit. It's worded very poorly sadly, and seems to have gotten alot of people thinking they can do this...

So I think I've figured out how to get 64bit working (I'm on Windows)

Here is what I did. In Steam I went to TModLoader and opened properties to brows local files. This is your Steam TModLoader folder.

Just to be safe, I copied all the files in this folder to a new location.

Download 64bit TModLoader on the front page of this thread as usual, and then drag the files into the Steam TModLoader folder. Replace files when asked.

You should now see a TModLoader.exe and Terraria.exe, either move, rename, or delete TModLoader.exe (I renamed it), and then rename Terarria.exe to TModLoader.exe

If you try running TModLoader now, there will be an error saying there's a missing image. I figured this is because TModLoader is used to running in the Terraria folder.

I went to Steam, Terraria, properties, browse local files to open the Steam Terraria folder, copied everything in the Contents folder, and then pasted it in TModLoader/Contents folder. When it asked to replace files, I chose decline this time.

Then I opened TModLoader, I got the splashscreen, the info says running 64bit, and mods started to load up. Chose single player, and loaded up my modded player and world without problems.

SNippy.PNG

I hope this helps others struggling with this.

Here is what I did. In Steam I went to TModLoader and opened properties to brows local files. This is your Steam TModLoader folder.

Download 64bit TModLoader on the front page of this thread as usual, and then drag the files into the Steam TModLoader folder. Replace files when asked.

You should now see a TModLoader.exe and Terraria.exe, either move, rename, or delete TModLoader.exe (I renamed it), and then rename Terarria.exe to TModLoader.exe

If you try running TModLoader now, there will be an error saying there's a missing image. I figured this is because TModLoader is used to running in the Terraria folder.

I went to Steam, Terraria, properties, browse local files to open the Steam Terraria folder, copied everything in the Contents folder, and then pasted it in TModLoader/Contents folder. When it asked to replace files, I chose decline this time.

Then I opened TModLoader, I got the splashscreen, the info says running 64bit, and mods started to load up. Chose single player, and loaded up my modded player and world without problems.

View attachment 271675

Can confirm this worked for me.

LetsGo.PNG

I'd also like to clarify that OP's meaning of "Then I opened TModLoader" is done by running the newly renamed "TModLoader.exe" located in the TModLoader folder where previously the 64bit files were copied to, and not tModLoader from steam.

I was a little confused, so I hope you don't mind me clearing the confusing OP, and of course, thanks for sharing :)

Hope others find this useful too.

View attachment 271675

You are running the old 64 bit version, of course that would still work. I see no reason why that wouldnt with the content files.

Amazing, thank you both. Worked for me, and as JasonUJ statedy ou have to run tModLoader.exe from the .../Steam/steamapps/common/tModLoader folder, not from within Steam.

I just made a new folder (can be anywhere you want), moved steam tmodloader folder here, then terraria content folder without replacing, then tmodloader 64 bit folder. Now after opening terraria.exe tmodloader 64 is opened. That way you can have both steam tmodloader and 64 bit (but they use the same user folder in documents)

terraria error.PNG

terraria is not responding and it's always doing this and the 0.10.1.5 version tml64bit i can run 200 mods now in this update i can't run aleast 90 mods without it doing this please help me how to fix this it gets sometimes stuck and it loads it super slow

The installation is in fact even easier - just unpack tmodloader 64 to any empty folder, move to that folder:
content folder from steam tmodloader
and than content folder from steam terraria without replacing and that is it.

Last edited:
The installation is in fact even easier - just unpack tmodloader 64 to any folder, move content folder from steam tmodloader and than from steam terraria without replacing and that is it.
I have installed steam terraria and tmodloader but when I do what u did It launches terraria 1.4. Have tried to launch terraria.exe, tmodloader.exe changed names but it still lauches terraria 1.4 and not tmodloader 64bit

I have installed steam terraria and tmodloader but when I do what u did It launches terraria 1.4. Have tried to launch terraria.exe, tmodloader.exe changed names but it still lauches terraria 1.4 and not tmodloader 64bit
How did you install it? You need to copy only "content" folder from steam terraria

How did you install it
downloaded new files from steam extracted contends of 64 bit folder (x64, 64bit_package) to a separate folder copied tmodloader contents folder (the steam tmodloader) to 64 bit and replaced everything if asked, moved everything from steam terraria contents folder to 64bit but skipped files if asked to replace.

downloaded new files from steam extracted contends of 64 bit folder (x64, 64bit_package) to a separate folder copied tmodloader contents folder (the steam tmodloader) to 64 bit and replaced everything if asked, moved everything from steam terraria contents folder to 64bit but skipped files if asked to replace.
What did you download "from steam"? You need to download tml64 0.11.6.2 (latest version) from mega.nz link this forum. Inside this archive there is everything you need except the "content" folder which you copy from steam terraria and tmodloader

Back
Top Bottom