tModLoader [1.3] & [1.4] UpgradePlus - A Weapon (& more) Upgrade Mod

Tacomancer

Official Terrarian
icon.png

UpgradePlus is a weapon gear upgrade mod inspired by Oempa's Equipment Upgrade

Fight bosses and strong mobs to get tokens you can trade to upgrade your gear.
Take your favorite weapons deeper into the game, grind past difficult bosses, level gear to ridiculous heights.

Features:
1 Town NPC, 2 Items
Directly Upgrade Weapons, Wings, Armors & Accessories
Weapons: Accepts any weapon that accepts prefixes (1.3) or any weapon with non-zero damage (1.4), supports all damage types I think
Configs: Crit Rollover, 4 stat balance presets, configurable weapon auto-fire, stat bonus tuning, and slightly more!
New Stats: Bonus Crit Damage & Wing Speed
QoL: Remembers favorite status and right click to max, automatically converts sleeves to tokens

1.4:
Available for download on Steam Workshop
Build from Github - previous versions (1.4.3, 1.4.4, etc) are also available

1.3:
Available in-game on 1.3 Mod Browser & Mod Browser mirrors
Direct download or build from Github

Getting Started
The Blacksmith NPC can arrive after Eye of Cthulhu, Skeletron, or a world-evil boss is defeated. Talk to him to trade tokens and token sleeves from your inventory to upgrade gear. Tokens drop from any NPC with more than 1k hp or any boss, they drop in a range based on enemy HP+Atk+Def, doubling in hardmode and again in post ML for 4x base token drops.

• The upgrade slot shows a ¹ in the corner
  • Mana cost isn't updated in item descriptions (tML bug)
  • Mana cost isn't updated in item descriptions (tML bug)
  • Speed upgrades don't effect mining speeds (tML bug)

• Calamity removes levels when reforging (goblin tinkerer). Reforged gear will have it's tokens refunded at standard rates (90% returned) to prevent mishaps.
  • Player projectiles spawned from non-hotbar sources (dual wielding mod, wings, armor bonuses, etc) will use the Crit Damage and Rollover of the currently held item
  • Crit Chance doesn't make projectiles crit more often, but does factor in with Crit Rollover
  • Upgraded wings don't have appropriate speeds when in WingSlot's Wingslots or in the social slot using Antisocial.
1.0.9 1.4.4 Port Update:
  • Updated to 1.4.4
  • Blacksmith stripped of his happiness
  • Bugfixes for Crit Rollover, Pickaxe mining speed
1.0.8 Update:
  • New alt token scaling config
  • HM cap toggle replaced with HM & ML number inputs
  • Underpowered mode now has all stats, new UP-er mode with only classic weapon stats added
1.0.7 Localization Update:
  • Almost all text now supports localization
  • Blacksmith MSG buffer: repeats lines less often
1.0.6 Update:
  • Added alt & improved sprites by Kifirer
  • Re-enabled goblin tinkerer reforges with Calamity enabled
1.0.3 - 1.0.5 Hotfixes:
  • Updated Homepage
  • Bugfix with projectiles that can't get their lvl
  • Added weapon speed config
1.0.2 1.4 Port Update:
  • Updated to 1.4
  • Bestiary Entry & NPC Happiness for Blacksmith
  • Slightly improved NPC chat lines, + token tracking
  • Crit DMG & Rollover fixed: C. DMG now on by default
  • Added more details to crit debug
  • Standard Damage scaling per lv changed 6% -> 5.5%
  • Non-prefixable weapons can now count as weapons
1.0.1 Release Update:
  • First Release​
  • Added Mod Icon​

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

tModLoader - Equipment Upgrader mod Equipment Upgrader by Oempa, also available in-game and on github
GitHub - sjieh/UpgradeEquipment: Terraria Modloader mod that allows you to upgrade equipment similar to reforging. hrr_'s fork, also available in-game
CompressedToken.png
UpgradeToken.png

Last edited:
Yes would like to see this mod come to 1.4, thinking about checking it out in 1.3.5 because it looks really fun

hey taco great mod absolutely love it but there is one thing that bothers me: would it be possible to add an function that disables everything but the normal % dmg scaling for upgrades? I feel like its too overpowered that a weapon gives crit, faster attack speed etc as well. Id really really love that if there was an option to disable those!

PS: your mod is gonna pull me back into playing the game again for another looong time so thanks for making this <3

Hello. playing your mod with other mods and including thorium and Calamity, i have upped the max upgrade to 255 but modded weapons stop doing the correct dmg after somewhere between level 100 - 150. Where the modded weapons starts hitting for 1 or 2 damage instead of the correct dmg. any clue what causes this?

hey taco great mod absolutely love it but there is one thing that bothers me: would it be possible to add an function that disables everything but the normal % dmg scaling for upgrades? I feel like its too overpowered that a weapon gives crit, faster attack speed etc as well. Id really really love that if there was an option to disable those!

PS: your mod is gonna pull me back into playing the game again for another looong time so thanks for making this <3
Glad to hear it 👍
I don't have any plans to add dmg or crit chance sliders, but you can disable all weapon stats except crit chance, mana cost, & damage in the configs, there's also stat balance presets that disable some stats & lower all the others

Hello. playing your mod with other mods and including thorium and Calamity, i have upped the max upgrade to 255 but modded weapons stop doing the correct dmg after somewhere between level 100 - 150. Where the modded weapons starts hitting for 1 or 2 damage instead of the correct dmg. any clue what causes this?
Do you have crit rollover enabled?

High damage + crit dmg can cause a buffer overflow (weapons do negative damage, instakill)
Rollover can then cause more overflows & some flip it back around to 1 dmg

Do you have crit rollover enabled?

High damage + crit dmg can cause a buffer overflow (weapons do negative damage, instakill)
Rollover can then cause more overflows & some flip it back around to 1 dmg
I have Crit Rollover disabled but i do have Crit chance past 100% rolls into additional crits.
I´ll attach 2 pics of my settings.

Skärmbild 2023-05-02 170521.png
Skärmbild 2023-05-02 170508.png

I have Crit Rollover disabled but i do have Crit chance past 100% rolls into additional crits.
I´ll attach 2 pics of my settings -
Ah, crit rollover is the internal name for the setting that rolls additional crits past 100%
& disabling it should fix the issue - the weapon is just doing high enough damage that rolls wrap it back around to 0

Back
Top Bottom