Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello. I was playing the game this morning (right after I updated to 1.4.0.4) and everything was working fine. However when I left my world to go eat some lunch it would not launch when I came back. Whenever I try it just says "Load failed no backup found". I checked my world files to try and find my backup and both the .wld and .bak files were gone. I ended up finding a 2 hour old version of the .wld file in my recycle bin but when I tried to launch it I had the same issue. I have the world cloud saved on steam and also tried that file with the same result. I've seen other people posting about having the same issue with 1.4.0.4 and decided to post this after one of the devs made a post on the steam forums about fixing this. If at all possible I would like to be able to still play on this world after this problem gets fixed bcuz my friends and I put tons of hours into this world.

im going to try to load them.
edit: same thing happened. this means your world is gone. i would suggest using tedit or something but those dont work anymore. f

Oof. Well thanks for checking at least. Luckily the characters we were using have mid hardmode stuff so we're gonna just use the same seed and try to speed our way back to where we were

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I was playing with 3 friends when one of them fell, he was unable to reconnect, so I went to reopen the world to see if he could make it back. Then the message of starting server was loading forever. After that I tried to open the world in the single player, but the following message came: "Load Failed! No Backup", despite the world and backup files being in the folder C: \ Users \ User \ Documents \ My Games \ Terraria \ Worlds.

Attachments

• Tamriel.wld
    4.9 MB · Views: 91
  • Tamriel.wld.bak
    4.9 MB · Views: 97
Same here. I only have a regular WLD file, and it is here:
I was just going to swap characters to purchase a cavern pylon ;-;

Attachments

• Starcrust_Hills.wld
    912 KB · Views: 83
So the worlds are dead? Happened to us today on the world we'd been living in the last few days. Tried to start again but then the same thing happened.

I moved The_Edge_of_Tomorrow.wld off of the cloud, it wasn't in my Worlds folder otherwise, the other World I haven't moved off the cloud. The_Whole_of_the_Moon.wld.bak is a very old version of the map, not the one we were playing when it was corrupted.
Did 1.4.0.4 break cloud storage?

Attachments

• The_Edge_of_Tomorrow.wld
    6.1 MB · Views: 137
  • The_Whole_of_the_Moon.wld.bak
    6.2 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: fpf
Anyone know how to prevent the files from corrupting? Its happened to me twice and I've tried every method I can find to get them back and to prevent it from happening again but none of it is working and its annoying to have all my progress deleted every so often and then having to restart

It actually can be fixed quite easily. Follow the steps in this video.
The world that is giving me the "Load failed! No backup found" message has cloud save enabled and I do not see any world files for it in Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds.
I only see one of my worlds...probably one I had kept off the cloud (but I've deleted since then)

It seems to be an issue with cloud save because I think everyone who posted about this problem had their world on the cloud.

Trying to move it off the cloud does not solve the problem.

I'm trying to start a game with a new player and this will be the second time we have to start over.
We haven't played much so there was not too much progress, but it's frustrating having to start over and over...and for the new player it's not as much fun either...

Edit:
This is what moving it off the cloud did. It added a file, but the file is too small...
1597926256365.png

Back
Top Bottom