Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

i keep getting an error when trying to start a multiplayer server through steam

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system could not find the environment option that was entered
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Terraria.Social.Steam.NetClientSocialModule.LaunchLocalServer(Process process, ServerMode mode)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

can i get some help , i never really modded terraria before

I'm with Raveman, trying to do this multiplayer, and OP SAYS its multiplayer compatible... We've tried the steam method (which doesn't even give the option to invite or join), and somebody else went through the trouble of portforwarding and such and that doesn't work either. SOME help would be greatly appreciated, guys.

@Raveman spoilers are your friend when posting errors.
EDIT:
48664372.jpg

Last edited:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system could not find the environment option that was entered
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.NetClientSocialModule.LaunchLocalServer(Process process, ServerMode mode)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

Have you tried Multiplayer Direct IP?

I'm with Raveman, trying to do this multiplayer, and OP SAYS its multiplayer compatible... We've tried the steam method (which doesn't even give the option to invite or join), and somebody else went through the trouble of portforwarding and such and that doesn't work either. SOME help would be greatly appreciated, guys.

@Raveman spoilers are your friend when posting errors.
EDIT:

Doesn't mean that every method of multiplayer must be supported. :p

There is a Terraria_Leveled_Server.exe, try that.

Have you tried Multiplayer Direct IP?

The other day when I was talking to gotest about the mod he told me that the hosting in the game itself isn't working. I think he got it fixed though now, not sure.

Steam multiplayer isn't supported. I have no idea how to fix it either.

Sorry for being so silent. Today's my day off so I've been doing some work on the mod.
So here's some spoilers on my progress so far:
32b01e92fccc5cef8a1bfffd16e3506d.gif

52c6d615aafdcf5811b15100d580d975.gif
No details will be given just yet. As I still need to finalize everything.

we sorta found that out the hard way , but had a friend who portforwarded to make a server for us , thanks for the info and the insight on what is to come in this mod

im still not 100% sure how all of this is going to work out in the end..but i'm liking where its going.

can I ask if the flower petal idea is end idea or placeholder for other possible images?
It's final. But anyone can change it. It's a PNG file, not XNB. I'm not too positive, but any image size should work.
But due note, if you do change the image, the background color has to be exactly the same as the original image, or you'll have a box.

Just remember, this is a Radar Chart. Notice the hole in the center of the flower? That's because everything's level 1.

I assumed its a radar chart just doesn't look appealing to me atm i'll see how i like it with levels when its out xD Not meaning to criticize or insult just commenting as i await your updates owo -goes off to mass murder mobs with the new statues-

Can the derived stats (HP, MP, AP, ATK, DEF) be separated visually from the wheel stats (STR, VIT and the rest)? The big block of stats looks pretty hard to parse at a glance. Maybe it would help to set the wheel stat's starting values to a single digit number like 8, so that stats you have invested in stand out visually from the rest of your stats, by virtue of not being single digits.

Can the derived stats (HP, MP, AP, ATK, DEF) be separated visually from the wheel stats (STR, VIT and the rest)? The big block of stats looks pretty hard to parse at a glance. Maybe it would help to set the wheel stat's starting values to a single digit number like 8, so that stats you have invested in stand out visually from the rest of your stats, by virtue of not being single digits.
Could you give me an idea of what you're trying to say? Maybe a mockup image or something.
Sorry that I'm failing to understand your question. :(

Could you give me an idea of what you're trying to say? Maybe a mockup image or something.
Sorry that I'm failing to understand your question. :(
I think he's more requesting that the more "direct" stats on the chart (HP, MP, AP, ATK and DEF.. stats that directly affect how you play the game) be visually seperate from the more "supportive" stats (STR, AGI, VIT, SPR, INT, DEX.. stats which for the most part just alter your "direct" stats depending on what you have equipped)

I think just a simple gap between the two sections should do fine.

I think he's more requesting that the more "direct" stats on the chart (HP, MP, AP, ATK and DEF.. stats that directly affect how you play the game) be visually seperate from the more "supportive" stats (STR, AGI, VIT, SPR, INT, DEX.. stats which for the most part just alter your "direct" stats depending on what you have equipped)

I think just a simple gap between the two sections should do fine.
FEfwAI.jpg
Like this?

Last edited:
Well, that looks nice too, but I was more referring to the stats vertically aligned on the left - having a slight gap between the DEF and STR stats would greatly reduce the "wall of text" look they currently have to them

Back
Top Bottom