Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

I've found another bug to report, this one rather serious. With TShock running, the game seems to have a severe issue keeping track of enemies right around dawn, and I assume dusk as well. For some time around dawn, enemies that become less aggressive or try to leave the screen will warp around the screen. It seems to be that, on the server side, it's still night and the enemies are still aggressive and attacking the player, but on the client side it has become dawn and the monsters are passive and/or trying to escape. It's especially noticeable with enemies like the flying demon eyes, which will fly away, warp to where they would have been if they'd continued attacking, fly away again, warp again, and so on until the server finally does decide it's actually dawn. You can also see this problem where stars have fallen. The server apparently keeps syncing the stars back into place, but on the client side it's dawn, so the stars keep disappearing. So you can see the visual effect of the fallen stars despawning every few seconds. You also see stars continuing to fall, even though it's dawn and they shouldn't be.

You also see the problem around dusk, especially with bosses. It may be considered night on the client side, and this gives the ability to summon Skeletron, Eye of Cthulu, etc. But if you haven't waited long enough after the client side considers it to be dusk (nighttime music, etc), then upon summoning the boss will react like it's day. Skeletron will instakill any player on the screen, Eye of Cthulu will retreat. There's also no way of telling when night actually starts.

This bug in particular makes me hesitant to run a server with this mod. Please fix.

I've found another bug to report, this one rather serious. With TShock running, the game seems to have a severe issue keeping track of enemies right around dawn, and I assume dusk as well. For some time around dawn, enemies that become less aggressive or try to leave the screen will warp around the screen. It seems to be that, on the server side, it's still night and the enemies are still aggressive and attacking the player, but on the client side it has become dawn and the monsters are passive and/or trying to escape. It's especially noticeable with enemies like the flying demon eyes, which will fly away, warp to where they would have been if they'd continued attacking, fly away again, warp again, and so on until the server finally does decide it's actually dawn. You can also see this problem where stars have fallen. The server apparently keeps syncing the stars back into place, but on the client side it's dawn, so the stars keep disappearing. So you can see the visual effect of the fallen stars despawning every few seconds. You also see stars continuing to fall, even though it's dawn and they shouldn't be.

You also see the problem around dusk, especially with bosses. It may be considered night on the client side, and this gives the ability to summon Skeletron, Eye of Cthulu, etc. But if you haven't waited long enough after the client side considers it to be dusk (nighttime music, etc), then upon summoning the boss will react like it's day. Skeletron will instakill any player on the screen, Eye of Cthulu will retreat. There's also no way of telling when night actually starts.

This bug in particular makes me hesitant to run a server with this mod. Please fix.

Why not just run it with the Non-Tshock server? it seem to run with no problems at all...i run a server privately thou.

Why not just run it with the Non-Tshock server? it seem to run with no problems at all.

The regular server has no administration tools. I would never put a public server up without the ability to moderate it. There's too many jerkwads and trolls out there that just want to ruin things for other people for me to even consider running a server that doesn't give me the ability to not only ban them, but also undo any damage they've done.

The regular server has no administration tools. I would never put a public server up without the ability to moderate it. There's too many jerkwads and trolls out there that just want to ruin things for other people for me to even consider running a server that doesn't give me the ability to not only ban them, but also undo any damage they've done.

its different for me because i dont run a dedicated server for everyone and there granny to join.... only among friends i allow.

Last edited:
I am aware of the serious issues with the tShock server and I'm going to need to start over from scratch. I'm most likely going to wait for 1.3.1+ to work on this. I'm very sorry that it's broken.
Something changed when pulling the tShock source. I was skeptical at first that it affected anything, so i progressed with porting. Then after I was done I found that there were issues after releasing it. I thought it was fine before I released it, and I'm sorry I didn't do more extensive testing.

I am aware of the serious issues with the tShock server and I'm going to need to start over from scratch. I'm most likely going to wait for 1.3.1+ to work on this. I'm very sorry that it's broken.
Something changed when pulling the tShock source. I was skeptical at first that it affected anything, so i progressed with porting. Then after I was done I found that there were issues after releasing it. I thought it was fine before I released it, and I'm sorry I didn't do more extensive testing.

i'm actually pretty excited to see what you do with 1.3 cause its gonna have new things and stuff and things that should go beyond lv 80...especially that new difficulty mode called Expert mode which is even is even more brutal then Hard mode.

My work schedule is really slow, so I can count myself in again for testing. Will confirm again a week before it releases!

Does anybody else want to see something that you can tweak the XP gain with? It's just a thought, I love this mod but it is ruthless and is a bit annoying to deal with when you are with two other people who go off and do their own things from time to time. Bosses are especially hard when your friends are busy making a ice rink while your fighting something as simple as the eye of chuthulu. This might have been changed but I haven't been able to check, if it hasn't happened yet I would like to see a XP gain tweaker.

Will this work with the Gameiki mod or will it replace it? I downloaded that mod for the clean inventory. can i play created maps with this mod? this mod would be epic paired with the Zelda-esque created maps.... is it possible to have both your mod and the Gamiki mod?

Need a little advice, loving the mod - but it seems I'm still too low for EoC. (Summarily got my :red: whooped)

What level should I be - roughly - to take it out?

weird guys i had a Tshock server running just fine.... well when 10+ people joined everything got pretty strong but i guess team work is the key!

Need a little advice, loving the mod - but it seems I'm still too low for EoC. (Summarily got my :red: whooped)

What level should I be - roughly - to take it out?
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Eye of Cthulhu is Level 21? I may need verification on that, though. I know the "First Three" bosses are around Lv 17-25, anyhow.

So I would say take him down around Lv ~17-ish. Given that he's the first boss, you don't need the best gear. I was able to take him down pretty nicely with cactus armour and a gold bow with regular flaming arrows, nothing too fancy.

Remember that this mod does follow the Vanilla progression when it comes to enemy levels - so you should be able to fight bosses right when you should naturally (ie: not rushing) be able to fight them in Vanilla.

Plus, it's not exactly hard to get to Lv. 17 anyway, with the XP you get from mining.

When you update this mod to 1.3, have you considered adding a New-game+ sort of feature? An example would be you max out one of your characters levels and have defeated all the bosses (or something related to that). When that criteria is met when you create a new character afterwards that character would get an EXP booster or something.

Just a thought. :)

Oh gosh, it will be. Especially in Expert mode (definitely hyped for difficulty!)
When you update this mod to 1.3, have you considered adding a New-game+ sort of feature? An example would be you max out one of your characters levels and have defeated all the bosses (or something related to that). When that criteria is met when you create a new character afterwards that character would get an EXP booster or something.

Just a thought. :)
There was an incentive from me involving that, and that would be more appropriate with expert mode.

But for now, it's in the air. I can't see us beating it under a week, unless it's ongoing most of the time, haha.

Yeah... So far from all the changes in 1.3, this is going to take a long time to update. Though I can't say for sure...
I have a few plans for the mod as well (New level up features.)

Like I've said before, this probably will not get updated until a few bug patches. But I'll be working on updating it before then so I'll know what to do. Therefor making it faster to update.

I have a job now so updating will not be as fast as it was before.

Back
Top Bottom