Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

I Have a Problem. The Exp Bar wont Appear. Can you Help me ;)
OH thanks:D
[DOUBLEPOST=1451153847,1451153779][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does anybody know the full extent as to what must happen to get this new ability for defeating moon lord at level 1 on expert or critical? Does it have to be in single player? does it have to be 100% damage done to moon lord? Because I opened up a tshock server and threw a level 100 defense spec character (with god mode) in the way of papa moon, and a level 100 magic spec summoner with a stardust dragon attacking him, and just sat far away with the level 1 character and shot at bits and pieces. It came out with 1.097% damage dealt, with the other 98.9% damage dealt to the moon lord by the summoner. I've checked multiple times and it seems like it did nothing.

TL;DR What are the exact qualifications that have to be met in order to get the "level one moon lord kill on expert (or critical) mode" ability?
No i used Leveed

You guys need to really watch on your double(triple, quadruple, etc) posts, because this is rather getting silly. Just use edit if you really need to add more info.

I got an information, When we OS (one shot) monster, with the KH2 enemyinfo the Buffs dont appear and we cant use Terraria leveled UI
I think its from that we got the bug
EDIT: it seem that king slime and EOC exp have been swapped, please check

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the vortex weapons not scaling correctly? I tried to search through the last few pages but didn't find anything about the subject.

If nobody knows anything about it, I am experiencing very low damage when using the vortex beater and the phantasm, as if the damage is not scaling correctly with my range stat.

Guys when you report bugs please tell us
a) what version of the mod are you using
b) Singleplayer or Multiplayer?
c) if multiplayer: Normal server or Tshock?

d) How to repruduce the bug

Known bugs so far:

- Pink Team causes errors (for example exp share) [SOLUTION: leave pink team]
- Tshock some bosses are "bugged" (like king slime not porting) [TSHOCK ERROR NOT MOD]
- some ores don't give exp
- popup message when people get new abilities unlocked in multiplayer

Please let me know if i forgot anything. Thanks

Bug: Vortex weapons deal little to no damage.
Version: 10.1 (Current Latest)
Experiencing this in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer
Experiencing this in both regular and tShock server.
Experiencing this in Normal, Expert, and Critical worlds.
Experiencing this regardless of armor or accessories equipped.

Reproduce: fire any vortex weapon compared to a weapon with similar weapon damage (phantasm and tsunami/beater and xenopopper). The vortex weapon should deal significantly less damage despite the fact that they should deal similar damage.

Bug: Vortex weapons deal little to no damage.
Version: 10.1 (Current Latest)
Experiencing this in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer
Experiencing this in both regular and tShock server.
Experiencing this in Normal, Expert, and Critical worlds.
Experiencing this regardless of armor or accessories equipped.

Reproduce: fire any vortex weapon compared to a weapon with similar weapon damage (phantasm and tsunami/beater and xenopopper). The vortex weapon should deal significantly less damage despite the fact that they should deal similar damage.

I believe that's intentional, but don't quote me on that. Maybe your character isn't high level enough to use any of the endgame weapons.

I tried using the Phantasm/Vortex Beater with my level 20 ranger character. He was dealing a stomping 1 damage per hit. Then I tested the Tsunami, and it worked out fine.

Maybe the endgame weapons were made to deal super low damage on a low level character, otherwise Expert/Critical Moon Lord would be a breeze with Last Prism.

But I don't know, those are just my thoughts. Let us know how that works, devs. ;)

I believe that's intentional, but don't quote me on that. Maybe your character isn't high level enough to use any of the endgame weapons.

I tried using the Phantasm/Vortex Beater with my level 20 ranger character. He was dealing a stomping 1 damage per hit. Then I tested the Tsunami, and it worked out fine.

Maybe the endgame weapons were made to deal super low damage on a low level character, otherwise Expert/Critical Moon Lord would be a breeze with Last Prism.

But I don't know, those are just my thoughts. Let us know how that works, devs. ;)

I'm level 100, the S.D.M.G, Celebration, and other Moon Lord weapons work fine, so that isn't the case. My friends on the server can properly use solar, nebula, and stardust equipment. Only vortex weapons are having this issue.

I'm level 100, the S.D.M.G, Celebration, and other Moon Lord weapons work fine, so that isn't the case. My friends on the server can properly use solar, nebula, and stardust equipment. Only vortex weapons are having this issue.
What's the damage value reported with those weapons? (base and increased values) Like tell me the damage with the S.D.M.G. then the Vortex Beater. I never used those weapons so I wouldn't know of this bug.
This can tell me if there's something else going on with those weapons.

Note: There's nothing I put in that makes high tier items do less damage at low levels.

What's the damage value reported with those weapons? (base and increased values) Like tell me the damage with the S.D.M.G. then the Vortex Beater. I never used those weapons so I wouldn't know of this bug.
This can tell me if there's something else going on with those weapons.

Note: There's nothing I put in that makes high tier items do less damage at low levels.

Vortex beater does around 116 to a zombie(131def) despite having 780(50 base), S.D.M.G does 5651 with 1049(77 base) and chain gun does 2300 with 608(31 base), character is level 100 with 119+45 ranged and shroomite (rocket) armor on a critical world, after cultists but before moon lord. Similar results with end game bows (phantasm vs tsunami and daedalus).

As said earlier similar results are reported despite armor, and even when I made a new character with different stat focuses. I then leveled it to 100 with tShock and it still experienced the same results.

Last edited:
Alright, well, after looking in to it, there is something weird going on. Like you said, it's not scaling with stats. So I'm looking for a fix right now.

Vortex Beater and Phantasm damage actually scales with distance between you and you target, i've tested it on dummies. If you fire these weapons at closest range possible you get like 100k+ dps, but couple meters away, you deal like 1000 dps.

Vortex Beater and Phantasm damage actually scales with distance between you and you target, i've tested it on dummies. If you fire these weapons at closest range possible you get like 100k+ dps, but couple meters away, you deal like 1000 dps.

In all of my tests the shots range from point blank to 30 meters, I just spawn a bunch of zombies with tShock and by default they're spread across the screen. In my experience damage does not scale with distance.

Okay, I found the problem. It was setting the damage to the bullet damage. Basically always being lower than 100 damage. Just fixed it. I'm going to look in to the other weapons now.

This is what it looks like for me.

Attachments

• 2015-12-28_00003.jpg
    2015-12-28_00003.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 242
  • 2015-12-28_00004.jpg
    2015-12-28_00004.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 237
I didn't experience that behavior with those weapons, and I didn't see anything on the wiki about that either.
I fixed the damage for Phantasm and Vortex Beater. While I was at it, I also fixed Pink party EXP breaking the server. (I was 1 number off somewhere >_>)
I'll be releasing an update here in a bit.

So I think myself and others are still wanting a Summoner type player to be able to progress in levels.
With the 1.3 update, there are many new summoning weapons that make playing a full on summoner actually viable.
By disabling experience from summon kills your killing a viable build that is in the base game, limiting the choices of the player.
I wouldn't mind if it the xp was halved or something, but to make summons worthless for experience gain seems overly harsh.

If we could have a reduced xp from standing still for 5 seconds or something that would also help mitigate any abuse.

Just because people might abuse summons and xp should not condemn people that want play the mod as a full summoner.

(I love the summoner type playstyle in many different games, D2, Path of Exile, D3, and Terraria, just wish I could enjoy full summoner with this mod)

Back
Top Bottom