Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

gotest, what is your opinion regarding balancing for pure summon players? the way it is atm, they gain 0 exp

Well, So far during my adventures in critical mode (2 hours ago... Me:FFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAA-) And so far I've enjoyed my experience and haven't found too many bugs. (Most of them that have been listed.) But one bug that I did find is kinda annoying (although I could count it as a blessing) Duke Fishon's Sharknados don't spawn in critical mode. I have yet to try it in expert or normal, but I have tested multiplayer as well and he still isn't able to use them. Also, the bug with skeletron (was mentioned a few pages ago) only seems to happen in multiplayer. Hes fine in single for some reason.

Besides that, one thing I think needs a little maintenance or something like that is the experience share abilities. Their nice and all, but they kinda break EXP grinding. Ex: Your in a party with a friend going to grind for XP at a pirate map farm using Nimbus Rods. The farm has a jungle biome area (thus spawning the jungle biome fish (Can't recall their names :( )) And your around level 52 or so. When both players use just 1 cast of their rods, they can both tag the enemy for XP gains. However, since both players have Experience share equipped, the amount that should have been shared is still gained.
In other words, both players attack a mob, and they gain EXP from their own attacks, and the Experience Share. And later down the road Exp. Share II can boost that even further. I don't know if it really needs changing (considering I've only gotten to level 83 now.) But thats just my thoughts on it.

As of now i'm running on expert mode and its giving me a hard time especially plantera!...i finally beat it... as of things i found i'm not sure exactly but i feel like some weapons do no damage when sommoning weapons are attacking a monster.. like for example im using poison staff while spiders are attacking it..it looks like the attack goes through it at point blank range...i might be just me but if thats true you might want to investigate it

As of now i'm running on expert mode and its giving me a hard time especially plantera!...i finally beat it... as of things i found i'm not sure exactly but i feel like some weapons do no damage when sommoning weapons are attacking a monster.. like for example im using poison staff while spiders are attacking it..it looks like the attack goes through it at point blank range...i might be just me but if thats true you might want to investigate it
this happens because melee summons are causing damage ticks the same way as the player does, overriding the player damage.. this is a terraria glitch, not a mod glitch

Edit: The slime king not teleporting bug happens in regular MP aswell, if it wasnt mentioned yet

Last edited:
King slime not porting is because of the server source I used. I don't know if it's the team at tshock's fault, or if it's the fault of a bug from the decompiled server. Me, as well as the tshock devs have no clue why this happens.
So until they can figure it out, it'll always be a problem, along some other stuff that are native to their serverapi.

Edit: Regarding summon exp, I would have to redo the whole thing involving the tag system to make a system similar to NTerraria's system. I suppose I could make it degrade rapidly after 10 seconds of no manual activity. But, this feature will have to wait a while since I will be out of town for the week and no laptop.

Last edited:
King slime not porting is because of the server source I used. I don't know if it's the team at tshock's fault, or if it's the fault of a bug from the decompiled server. Me, as well as the tshock devs have no clue why this happens.
So until they can figure it out, it'll always be a problem, along some other stuff that are native to their serverapi.

Edit: Regarding summon exp, I would have to redo the whole thing involving the tag system to make a system similar to NTerraria's system. I suppose I could make it degrade rapidly after 10 seconds of no manual activity. But, this feature will have to wait a while since I will be out of town for the week and no laptop.

yes that would work

Is it back? Yay! That's amazing! Does it have any issues and/or bugs? And if so, are they gamebreaking? Just for curiosity's sake, as I don't wanna start a playthrough and find some game-breaking glitches on the way, if there are, I'd rather wait for 'em to be ironed out. Keep the going, it's an amazing mod! c:

Is it back? Yay! That's amazing! Does it have any issues and/or bugs? And if so, are they gamebreaking? Just for curiosity's sake, as I don't wanna start a playthrough and find some game-breaking glitches on the way, if there are, I'd rather wait for 'em to be ironed out. Keep the going, it's an amazing mod! c:

nothing game breaking ..as far a glitches... a few which is being fixed

hello, i just registered to these forums, literally, JUST to say, thank you gotest. for this awesome mod. i have been playing with it on an expert world, from scratch, and starting with no more than 1 heart. it was hell, i actually was scared of slimes for once. was just able to kill eater of worlds, and now i would like to ask this... to anyone who loves this mod as well, i want to gather a team. of at least 3 people (2 is accepted, but i'd prefer 3) new characters, all with different stat focus's, i chose ranged (because holy damn i had to in order to survive those slimes, even had to give myself copper armor and a copper bow with 999 wood arrows, didn't help much at all q.q) just contact me on the steam thread i made, it's labeled as Terraria Leveled Group in the discussions. again, i would like to say thank you so much gotest for this. i'm enjoying mostly the KH health bars, and the amount of difficulty this adds to even expert! critical would be hell for me since i'm not pro enough qwq

@Hachiru I will gladly join you on your adventure, if so is the case! c: Can't I give you my steam name right here? I think it would be easier that way. If not, I will search on your steam thread!

@Hachiru I will gladly join you on your adventure, if so is the case! c: Can't I give you my steam name right here? I think it would be easier that way. If not, I will search on your steam thread!
it would be easier to do so here, but i don't want to clog this with my ramblings xD if you'd prefer to send me it here, i'd gladly accept it. otherwise it'd be slightly easier to use steam, since once you post i'd be able to add your account without the hassle of searching the names

My steam name is Vita Et Mors. I only have 3 friends, two which are from the forums. My avatar is Megaman Zero. I'll choose a character leaned to magic. Just been playing it right now, with a balanced character. Very fun.

all done daedalous ^^ and you're in luck, i have a staff you can start off with to get easy levels! Platinum :3 we should also call, to make it easier during boss fights/intense moments

Hey lovely terrarians

Just some short input from me (again)

Skeletron works fine in multiplayer with the T-shock plugin (me and Kami tested it on stream a few times and had no issue) - Vod on twitch (near the end)

To the summoning discussion I would like to say I like the idea of you getting less experience when not moving for a bit but honestly is that really necessary? I mean there are so many easy to build semi afk (1 click every 5 min) experience farms. If people want to ruin their mod experience they will do that anyway. It's easy to just add myself 100k experience. I personally am a big fan of the summoning class and would love to see is viable. Let me know what you think guys!

Hello Frands,

I have a little bit of input for the level 1 moonlord achievement. With the help of a few frands (and a crap ton of deaths and time) The achievement was attained on an exp locked character of mine. When the social slot ability is activated though, flying and movement boots are disabled for some reason. The stats worked perfectly fine though. However when i logged off with that character and logged into another world, the ability was gone but the single AP point i gained was still there as was the ability tab.

My Second discovery is when you do Moonlord at level 1 with a non-exp locked character, you level up to 33 after he is defeated, HOWEVER you do not gain the Social slot stats ability. I'm not sure if that is on purpose or not, and i would like a bit of further insight on whether or not the character must be exp locked to get the ability to gain stats from the social slots.

Last bit is that the Moonlord has a very nasty habit of randomly despawning. Once again, i'm not sure that has anything to do with the mod or if thats a bug from the vanilla game. But it would be something to check into. Now this despawning only happened when the summoning item was used. I have no idea if it does it during the actual lunar event.

Thats all my discoveries, Hope that if they are bugs, you can find them. Great job on this mod btw, Love every second of it.

Ciao
The Azure One

Keep getting this error in 10.2, not running the TShock version.

It happens whenever someone in the 3 player party levels.

Error image is attached.

Attachments

• error terraria.PNG
    error terraria.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 272
I noticed a possible bug. When I start a game, I noticed I hear an annoying quiet clicking every time it plays water ambient sounds. So if I stand near a lake, I hear the click. Sound similar to when you highlight an item in your menu, that kind of clicking sound, but it occurs simultaneous to the game playing a water ambiance sound.

Heard it in multiplayer, non-t-shock, 10.2. Didn't test out anything else really.

I get this whenever I try and start a server, I've tried both the Tshock and non-Tshock version and get the same error.
Error.png
Any help appreciated!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom