Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

Well, for the tech savvy, I have an Intel Core i5 3570k @4.0Ghz, 8GB ram, 128GB SSD, and an Nvidia GTX 770 4GB SC. This PC should be good for another 4 or 5 years imo.

The thing is, it's happeneing to nobody else. So I'm super confused on why it's happening.

My specs:
- 600GB HHD
- 8GB of RAM
- AMD A8-4500M APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics (4 CPUs) @ 2.0GHz
- AMD Radeon HD 7640G 4GB SC.

My specs:
- 600GB HHD
- 8GB of RAM
- AMD A8-4500M APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics (4 CPUs) @ 2.0GHz
- AMD Radeon HD 7640G 4GB SC.

thats more then enough to handle the game.....now it all comes down to

1. Internet speed
2. RAM of the host and the client.
3. Hardrive speeds of the host and client (how fast is it writing data back and forth)

thats more then enough to handle the game.....now it all comes down to

1. Internet speed
2. RAM of the host and the client.
3. Hardrive speeds of the host and client (how fast is it writing data back and forth)

My upload speed isn't the greatest, but my Download speed is acceptable for what I have available in my area. Not a lot of choice where I live. :/

At best I have 10MB Download and 1MB Upload. Sometimes it peaks at 25/2. :s

At my family's home, it's 200kb/50kb which was way more worse than yours. (Not applicable now since it's 3mb/1mb at my brother's place).

I can always try hosting to see if that still occurs with ya.

At my family's home, it's 200kb/50kb which was way more worse than yours. (Not applicable now since it's 3mb/1mb at my brother's place).

I can always try hosting to see if that still occurs with ya.

Then it definitely isn't a connection problem on my end, it seems.

Dunno if GoTest relayed this yet, but might I suggest a complete reinstall of terraria? Then try it in vanilla and then try it with the mod? I thought about it being possibly character specific but with what we have thats unlikely the case.

Having an NVidia card, and after doing a reinstallation I fixed my lighting lag issue by forcing on triple buffering and vsync. Not sure which one of those fixed it, but I'm willing to bet a re installation of terraria is whats needed as your desync issue only occurs on certain bosses.

Dunno if GoTest relayed this yet, but might I suggest a complete reinstall of terraria? Then try it in vanilla and then try it with the mod? I thought about it being possibly character specific but with what we have thats unlikely the case.

Having an NVidia card, and after doing a reinstallation I fixed my lighting lag issue by forcing on triple buffering and vsync. Not sure which one of those fixed it, but I'm willing to bet a re installation of terraria is whats needed as your desync issue only occurs on certain bosses.

That's possible, I'll reinstall, but it's kinda late to 'test' anything right now.

There has been a few Graphic Glitches and bugs sooo lets make sure its driver based / Computer based and not the code itself. NVidia is the devil when it comes to driver updates. ATI seems alot more stable

Updated to 10.6.3. This one has some pretty big bug fixes.
Version 10.6.3 (4/27/16):
Fixed an issue with enemy health bars appearing in multiplayer when enemies are damaged by anything but a player.

Fixed an issue where the pink party doesn't have shared EXP.

Fixed an issue where EXP share would double depending on how many players there are.

Fixed banner buff damage in multiplayer.

Fixed insanely rapid damage recieved when stoned.

Fixed an issue where some bosses would disappear when struck in multiplayer.

Updated to 10.6.3. This one has some pretty big bug fixes.
Version 10.6.3 (4/27/16):
Fixed an issue with enemy health bars appearing in multiplayer when enemies are damaged by anything but a player.

Fixed an issue where the pink party doesn't have shared EXP.

Fixed an issue where EXP share would double depending on how many players there are.

Fixed banner buff damage in multiplayer.

Fixed insanely rapid damage recieved when stoned.

Fixed an issue where some bosses would disappear when struck in multiplayer.

i guess you found out that Stoned bug when your Tshock try to kill me for overstacking XD..which was actually funny...Why so Aggressive? =p i was saying while laughing.

Last edited:
[Word montage in spot].

Check for files, make sure steam is running in admin mode, and/or reinstall terraria.

For summoning:
You can still do damage with other weapons, so it's not like you're severely gimped when doing that. Plus summons help you survive, especially in critical mode. Me and my 2 spiders help me all the way.

That's all I got for advice, which isn't much at the current moment.

May I make a request? This will interrupt your critical playthrough and I'm sorry, but could you try normal? Use tshock to use the "critical" command to turn off critical and expert. Then try fighting him again. If he still disappears, close the server with the close button so the world doesn't save.
Let me know if it happens or not. If not, expert stat scaling may be the cause and will really help me figuring out this issue.

I'm truly sorry this is happening. I only just discovered this bug a few days ago and I'm still trying to find the cause.
Sorry for the late reply! We tried that and still had the same result, though if anyone else could try it as well it may help to see if it's just not a isolated issue there.

Edit:Err ignore this potentially? xD Just read the patch notes above!

Sorry for the late reply! We tried that and still had the same result, though if anyone else could try it as well it may help to see if it's just not a isolated issue there.

Edit:Err ignore this potentially? xD Just read the patch notes above!
Heh. Please let me know if it still happens. Because I believe it should be fixed.

Damn. This mod has quite surprisingly grown alot. I looked at the new Abilities, and damn, this may as well be the KH mod now.
Anyway, Here's this for a suggestion. Unless this is already a thing. I havent played far with the new update. Anyway.
1) Different Ability sections. As in, when you scroll down, once a certain ability section is finished, the next space doesn't have an ability, but may say Magic abilities. Or there may be a melee section, or ranged section. This section would have things that, basically, affect magic usage, such as projectile speed, damage, or even act like a Mana Flower, without having the actual accessory- Which is a nice Segway to my next point!
2) Action abilities! This would allow you to perform certain actions without having the actual accessory required. Things like the Mana flower would still be in the Mana section, but there would be some in a certain "Growth" section, such as the ability to double jump or add an extra jump, without requiring a cloud in a bottle. Maybe, just maybe...
3) Add a new "Crafting" Style menu. This menu would simply allow you to turn some accessories, like the Mana Flower or Cloud in a Bottle, into an ability. These abilities would cost a fair amount of AP to use, of course. It'd be too OP otherwise(Volvo plz nerf).
Let me explain the ability sections, and almost add a Diagram sorta...

>Action> (These sections with the arrows take up a space in the menu, like KH.
Dash (Or Slide Dash, if you prefer)
Double Jump
Retaliating slash (Damage increase during flashing frames after taking damage
Once More (Brings you to Half HP after reaching 0)
Etc. Etc. whatever other "Action" abilities
>Growth>
Increased Jump
Bounce when fall (Reference to death message "X Didn't bounce.", decreases/Negates fall damage)
Whatever else would fit in this category
>Mana>
Auto-regen (Uses a mana potion when reaching zero)
Master Caster (Increases Damage and projectile speed)
Etc. Etc., whatever abilities that fit here
>Melee>
Armored (Decreases damage and increases Aggro rate)
Lightning Reflexes (Increases melee speed)
(If you want to go that far...) Horizontal slash (Simply uses the same exact sword, same damage and same length to stab like with a shortsword)
Piercer (I don't know how you'd make it work, but in a certain attack or when Right-clicking you can do an attack that pierces the enemy's armor, negating their defense stat for that attack, allowing for maximum damage)

That... That was a very long explanation. But i REALLY, REALLY wanted to give some examples of creative abilities that you probably wouldnt think of when it comes to keeping the game the same as it normally is. I can understand you not wanted the Piercer thing or Horizontal slash, since it'd use the Right Click which is usually never used in normal terraria, but i think it'd be very creative- and considering you added an Abilities section at all, i think that adding abilities that CAN slightly change combat would be the least of your worries... To think this mod has come so far... I used it ONCE when there was no KH hud, then when there was, then when it was for 1.3, now it's on my other computer. I love this mod now, and considering you saying you won't add mobs or stuff, i never imagined it would reach this far. But who said you needed to add mods? You could completely change the game, and not add any mobs or blocks- Now that's really freakin' clever. (Wait a second...) But really. I never imagined this mod would go so far, thanks for all your support on this mod, and your willingness to go to any length to make it better. Thank you!
[doublepost=1462354430,1462354093][/doublepost]Also, please, PLEASE take the time to read all that. Yes, i know it's long, but these are some very creative abilities that i'm sure almost EVERYONE would love in this mod. I really, really want to help support this mod in any way possible, and i'd love to even HELP you make it, but i can't code, sadly. I'm hoping to learn in the future. I was super excited to hear that my idea (Or atleast, i think it was mine) to make the HP bar scale based on HP and not Heart count was added, and i thought i'd suggest some more ideas... Also, note that i don't have as many ideas as you think. It's not like i have 21 ideas to tell you there or anything, infact, you only have to read a bit of the explanation of what you could do to the abilities menu, and read the 3 or so ideas i had. I love this mod, and i really hope a few of my ideas, even just ideas for some abilities, would make it in. Thanks!

-Breezy

Oh my... That's one of the largest posts I've seen on here.
Please remember, I'm still pretty much a C# beginner. There's a LOT I still don't know/understand.
There's not really much I can do with how abilities are listed since I still only barely understand the "List" function in C#. I used it to get what we see. Until I can get a better understanding of it, I can't really do much with it. Such as sorting abilities.
That's one of my plans. To add a sort tab for abilities so you can sort them by stuff like AP, type, and name. Type would be by the image used for the ability.
Adding the categories? I'm not sure how I'd approach that. Sorry :(

Some of these abilities are actually pretty nice. Once More could work, but it's pretty OP without some sort of downside to it. Probably defense cut in half with the debuff received from activating the ability.
But I'm not really in for the idea of abilities adding extra actions to the player. Sorta takes away the feel of vanilla I'm trying to keep.

"Piercer" would NOT work as you'd think in my mod. You gotta remember that damage calculation Powers damage. ((Damage + 10) ^ 1.99) So 100 damage = 11544(rounded). Defense divides this. With a hard division of 35. So having like 40 defense would bring that down to like 135 or so. But if you were to penetrate ALL defense, you'd see damage up to 340 just at 100 damage. If you were at end game? 40000. Not so much fun if you can one-shot everything.

If you're a math person and was interested in the actual formula, here:
(((Damage + 10) ^ 1.99) - Defense) / (35 + (Defense * (2 * (1 + (Defense / 900)))))

Down the road I do plan on tweaking the ability UI. Such as scrolling by dragging the bar. Though, I cannot make smooth scrolling such as the world and player select screens. It's beyond me right now. And believe me when I say, that I tried to figure out how they did it. Because I wanted that originally.

Just note that a lot of my abilities don't just come from KH. I borrowed names and ideas from other games with these types of abilities as well. Some I did come up with myself.

Although, I am very open to new health bar style ideas. Those don't really require that much work from me. (Yeah, I'm sounding lazy, so what? :p)

I really do appreciate the ideas you had. Some could make it in to the mod, since some do fit the style of the mod. It's just that some things would be too complicated for me, or doesn't really fit the mod.
Please, don't let this discourage you from giving more ideas. It's not that I don't take ideas, they just sometimes don't agree with what I want in the mod.
Like I said, some of your ideas are great, and could possibly make it in. But right now, I'm taking a break from updating again. I did a crap ton of bug fixes/updates over the past month, and I'm burnt out.

Though, just know this. My love for the mod exists. I update this because I want to, not because I have to, to please everyone. I do this in my spare time, as a hobby. But I genuinely love working on this mod and the appreciation from everyone for developing this. Yeah, there's haters sometimes, but I don't let that bother me. If I did, this mod would have probably stopped at 1.2.

See? I can pump out walls of text too! Heh :p

Last edited:
Any recommendations on leveling up your characters? I'm having trouble with the lunar/solar towers and moon lord events (solar guys usually rip me to shreds before I can hit the ground from my sky bridge). All my characters are hovering around level 84 and it seems rather difficult to get a lot of experience. I have an arapaima farm set up but that loses effectiveness around level 80.
Hmm... try bossing. Kill Golem or Duke. Try Duke though, since he's Lv85. Bossing, in my mod, is usually the most effective way of leveling. Just remember, there's a 10 level range for EXP reduction/gain. So 10 levels higher than the boss will net you only 10% EXP. 10 levels lower will net you 175%. This changes to 30 levels for normal enemies.
If you can keep trying, try the Towers. They should give 90k~ or so. That's what I tried to set them to give anyways. And since you're lower than lv85, you should get like 150k~ from each tower.
You could also try a Martian Invasion. Martians are around level 83-86. Though, I don't know how much EXP they give.

Please note: I have not ever tested anything past Golem on my mod. I can never usually make it that far because I keep loosing interest. So there will most likely be imbalance in Post-Golem content. I JUST got past Golem a few days ago. So if there's any balance needed, it'll be applied. Once I get back to playing anyways.

I hope this was helpful, and I'm sorry I didn't do more personal testing on Post-Golem content.

Good... But level and stats still cannot be saved neither local nor server side after exiting the game if server enable SSC mode. :(

Yo, gotest - I haven't touched these forums since Terraria first released on PC, but I wanted to stop by and show my appreciation for this mod. I've been playing it with a friend and we're having an absolute blast. It's clear you put a lot of time and thought into it; all of the features are integrated into the game so cleanly they feel completely natural. Heck, I don't know if I'll be able to play vanilla Terraria again after experiencing the satisfaction that comes with leveling my character.

Good work, and keep it up. I look forward to every update, even if it's just minor tweaks and bugfixes.

Back
Top Bottom