tModLoader [1.4.1.2 TT2] Advanced world generation seeds

Great plugin. I was looking everywhere for the ability to combine FTW & DW. Found a way todo it, but could never get large maps to work.

Seems Painted requires Random. Would be great to have the various choices for painted worlds without random block type replacements, just the paint. Would make "painted for the drunks" true to it's name, and replace the original name to "painted for the random drunks."
Ok, I add this to my todo list

Sounds great! I just got it working by simply commenting out the block replacement code in the RandomizeWorld function. After testing, works like a charm. At least for large worlds.

Sounds great! I just got it working by simply commenting out the block replacement code in the RandomizeWorld function. After testing, works like a charm. At least for large worlds.
Yeah but the code is weird if I simply dissociate both

New version featuring painted option separated from random option in seeds and rewriting code to help my plan to make more special options, like an ever christmas seed or different new mini-biomes

Very nice! Is it possible to ensure the world generated has a set amount of pyramids or shrines? Those bc they are rare in general, but perhaps this would apply to other things like islands, mini-biomes, ruined houses, etc,.

This is has already been a special seed for quite some time, it makes the guides name always be Andrew..... even when he dies he comes back as Andrew, just wanted to let you know this!
Nah, the only thing about this seed is that it's the name of the game and the random made that a world generated with this seeds makes a guide named Andrew spawn... This is a pure coincidence and respawns are handled in a completely separate way (I thought the wiki was clear enough about that and please stop spreading this rumor, it's annoying to have to revert people thinking we forgot a secret seed on the wiki... We even added a note for the editors to prevent them to do so)

Nah, the only thing about this seed is that it's the name of the game and the random made that a world generated with this seeds makes a guide named Andrew spawn... This is a pure coincidence and respawns are handled in a completely separate way (I thought the wiki was clear enough about that and please stop spreading this rumor, it's annoying to have to revert people thinking we forgot a secret seed on the wiki... We even added a note for the editors to prevent them to do so)
my bad... i think it may have been changed to not doing it... lol

Very nice! Is it possible to ensure the world generated has a set amount of pyramids or shrines? Those bc they are rare in general, but perhaps this would apply to other things like islands, mini-biomes, ruined houses, etc,.
Pyramids have a 20% chance of not generating. That chance is configured by "WorldBuilding.Configuration.json" a config file embedded in the game executable. (Passes.Dunes.ChanceOfPyramid = 0.8) You can also get more pyramids by generating more dune biomes. (Passes.Dunes.Count.Min = 1 and Passes.Dunes.Count.Max = 2) I'm not sure if or when a dune or pyramid placement will fail, so it might be hard to control the exact numbers. The config file also controls granite and marble biomes and the quantity of various generated chests. It is possible to mod the game to load an external config file so players can modify settings freely.

A few of the settings you are asking for already exist, but the config files aren't easily editable because they are hidden inside of the game executable.

Pyramids have a 20% chance of not generating. That chance is configured by "WorldBuilding.Configuration.json" a config file embedded in the game executable. (Passes.Dunes.ChanceOfPyramid = 0.8) You can also get more pyramids by generating more dune biomes. (Passes.Dunes.Count.Min = 1 and Passes.Dunes.Count.Max = 2) I'm not sure if or when a dune or pyramid placement will fail, so it might be hard to control the exact numbers. The config file also controls granite and marble biomes and the quantity of various generated chests. It is possible to mod the game to load an external config file so players can modify settings freely.
Thanks for the information. It has worked, to an extent. Controlling the amount of mini-biomes has not been a issue, but Pyramids, as you say, are hard to control. The most I could get to spawn is 10. I feel like not all the parameters for "Pyramids" are present, either they are non-existent or I just haven't stumbled across them.

Thanks for the information. It has worked, to an extent. Controlling the amount of mini-biomes has not been a issue, but Pyramids, as you say, are hard to control. The most I could get to spawn is 10. I feel like not all the parameters for "Pyramids" are present, either they are non-existent or I just haven't stumbled across them.
Pyramids will not spawn if:
  1. Within 300 blocks of the edge of the map.
  2. Within 15% of the map's width of the dungeon center or between the dungeon and the nearest ocean.
  3. The block nearest the top isn't uncorrupted sand.
  4. Another pyramid previously attempted to spawn within 220 blocks, or 110 blocks with seed "5162020". Pyramids that failed to spawn will block others!
Only one Pyramid will attempt to be placed per dunes biome. It appears that dunes biomes can overlap, which will reduce the number of pyramids that will spawn. Dunes cannot spawn near jungle, snow, or the edge of the map, increasing the chance of them overlapping. If dunes get overwritten by later parts of the worldgen, the sand check will fail and those pyramid spawn attempts end up being a liability that blocks nearby pyramids from spawning. It is possible to have a chain of failures where a world mostly full of dunes biomes generates no pyramids.

I consider this behavior to be a bug. Failed spawn attempts should be ignored when checking if another pyramid is too close. This could possibly be fixed with a plugin.

If you want to force pyramids, you can call the WorldGen.Pyramid function to manually place them. At the minimum you should duplicate the game's code that makes sure they don't overlap with the dungeon or each other. If you call the function directly it should generate even outside of sand, so you may want additional spawn checks.

So uhh.. How does this wrok? can anyone tell me where to put it/what to with it? I'm sorta confused And need diredtions
First, install Terraria Tweaker 2
Then put the file in the plugin folder (the TT2 gives you the location)
Then you make a tweak list, in the plugin options allow them to work and tick Randomgen
Then you launch the tweak list and you have a modded Terraria

To have a simpler way to do that, you must convince TiberiumFusion to make it

All the following results come from a world generation using a Large world in Master difficulty. If it matters.

"painted for the drunks" still produces a random (as in tiles are being replaced).
"for the worthy" now produces random.
"painted" now produces "not the bees!" + "for the worthy" game mode (not the map gen) and is painted (hive not painted but not sure if it ever is). No random.

Also, I believe all of the ore in a set for a counterpart corresponding to one the evil biomes is revealed; still testing. Cant test very well due to random being introduced into various seeds. This is the main reason why I came here, but then I decided to try the new script.

Larvae seems to be spawning all over the surface in all these seeds. Never have seen this, I may be missing something. These should be in a Hive, but random may be producing this. Even when not in Jungle Biome.

The last version of this script worked fine while commenting out the random code under RandomizeWorld if you just wanted paint and no random. Just thought Id note that, if it helps.

Last edited:
Awesome! Everything is order now with one exception to painted maps. They all seem to be revealing ore that has not been lit up by any type of lighting.
1609828103224.png

I don't do any sort of special treatment over the ores so it can only be by pure luck that your copper got illuminant paint
Thats what I thought but its guaranteed to happen. You maybe right. THE RNG may be getting me.

Also, after the first day the time is relapsing. Not progress but the clock is going wacko. This being tested on basic "Painted" maps.

Let me open the game in an unaltered client and test from there. I should only be using the altered client for generation anyway.

Last edited:
Thats what I thought but its guaranteed to happen. You maybe right. THE RNG may be getting me.

Also, after the first day the time is relapsing. Not progress but the clock is going wacko. This being tested on basic "Painted" maps.

Let me open the game in an unaltered client and test from there. I should only be using the altered client for generation anyway.
Well not exactly, there's a small undocumented change about the game

Well, so far after 5 more generates, everything seems fine.

I got bad luck with RNG regarding the illuminated ore. Using TShock or the altered client with Terreria Tweaker, maybe a causation between the two may have caused the issue with wacko time.

Back
Top Bottom