Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have been playing Terraria using a maximized window (not to be confused with fullscreen) on Linux since forever (1500+ hours), but when I decided to try out the new version, I have immediately noticed that the game window cannot be maximized anymore.

Whenever I press the "Maximize" button, the game window:
1) un-maximizes itself
2) shifts itself down a few pixels

Here is a screenshot of the top of the game window immediately after pressing the "Maximize" button:

As you can see, it is un-maximized and shifted down (there is a gap between the window and the top edge of the screen space).

I am not sure what version this bug was introduced in, but this is extremely obvious, annoying, uncomfortable, and urgently needs a fix. It used to work flawlessly.

Desktop: XFCE 4.16

Same issue here. Using Arch Linux on KDE 5.24.4, XORG 21.1.3, and AMD mesa drivers version 22.0.2. It's not that much of an issue for me, as playing in fullscreen works fine, but I would prefer to not have to ALT+Tab when I need to do something else.

Being forced to use fullscreen is not nice as it removes the ability to keep an eye on activity in other windows while playing Terraria. Especially when it used to work perfectly before. Any chance of fixing this?

Please let me know if there is anything else that needs to be done or any additional information provided for this bug to get fixed or at least acknowledged by developers.

Back
Top Bottom