Resolved [Mobile] Mouse not detected properly

Your Terraria Device
iPhone 7
Mobile OS
iOS 15.4.1
So I have this problem where the mouse won’t properly show up as terraria’s cursor, and doesn’t act correctly as the mouse cursor. I have a video posted below as an example

also I believe this is more info on the mouse, don’t know for sure but, my mouse is a Logitech and the Bluetooth name shows this
4655C5F2-BACF-43A2-9BAB-7671FD1ED48A.jpeg

This is also an issue I'm having on my Chromebook, I thought it was just the previous emulation of touch-controls interfering, but maybe it's more than that?

I’m just gonna say it he issue happening here is not at all the same issue as chromebook’s at all

Also is there any other iOS or android players having a problem with the mouse specifically?

Also is there any other iOS or android players having a problem with the mouse specifically?
this is sadly an intended function on Apple iPhone and Apple iPad. Due to how Apple cursors are used it doesn't auto move mice cursors in games like Terraria, so its not a bug to the game since its the same on almost all games using keyboard and mouse. There is a workaround to this however, Apple devices dont have the button in the scroll wheel bound to the system, so holding the middle click ingame will make the Terraria cursor follow the iOS pointer. its annoying but it works. The reason the sprite is hidden is also due to iOS having its own cursor (the circle that can navigate the UI on the device) however as of v14.3.2.3, that sprite can become visible if you tap the screen, but will disappear again when you use the actual iOS pointer (mouse cursor)

this is sadly an intended function on Apple iPhone and Apple iPad. Due to how Apple cursors are used it doesn't auto move mice cursors in games like Terraria, so its not a bug to the game since its the same on almost all games using keyboard and mouse. There is a workaround to this however, Apple devices dont have the button in the scroll wheel bound to the system, so holding the middle click ingame will make the Terraria cursor follow the iOS pointer. its annoying but it works. The reason the sprite is hidden is also due to iOS having its own cursor (the circle that can navigate the UI on the device) however as of v14.3.2.3, that sprite can become visible if you tap the screen, but will disappear again when you use the actual iOS pointer (mouse cursor)
I’ve gotten things resolved as I’ve said on my post, but thanks for the middle click trick.
I’ve been aware for quite a while too.

Mouse support on iPadOS works different than on iOS. Is this the case for iOS too?

any of you guys know how to resolve it in android? My mouse becomes invisible but it dosen't appear on the screen and it dosen't work and if i play my world my keyboard works but the mouse dosen't and i still see mobile controls all over my screen? Pls help

I’ve gotten things resolved as I’ve said on my post, but thanks for the middle click trick.
I’ve been aware for quite a while too.
Please tell me how do you resolved this problem?
I play terraria with keyboard and mouse on iPhone 11 and cursor not displayed properly

Please tell me how do you resolved this problem?
I play terraria with keyboard and mouse on iPhone 11 and cursor not displayed properly
It’s a problem with the iPhone’s mouse properties so until apple changes how it’s detected and give support to stuff like this, it’s gonna be like this sadly enough.
I don’t remember the details as it’s been a while but I even talked to someone from DR about this and that was said

It’s a problem with the iPhone’s mouse properties so until apple changes how it’s detected and give support to stuff like this, it’s gonna be like this sadly enough.
I don’t remember the details as it’s been a while but I even talked to someone from DR about this and that was said
I have 1 more question. Perhaps you know how to make the terraria cursor follow my cursor (dot)? Thank you

I have 1 more question. Perhaps you know how to make the terraria cursor follow my cursor (dot)? Thank you
That’s part of the explanation I gave, it’s not supported the same way on iPhone like others so it’s not possible, unless you can find a way to get it to constantly click without actually effecting anything then I’m afraid it can’t sadly

any of you guys know how to resolve it in android? My mouse becomes invisible but it dosen't appear on the screen and it dosen't work and if i play my world my keyboard works but the mouse dosen't and i still see mobile controls all over my screen? Pls help
Please make sure your Primary Input setting is set to Auto for KBM and Controller to work.
IMG_4352.png

Back
Top Bottom