Mobile [1.4.3] Wind is not working properly?

Coolie

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
iPhone SE 2nd Gen
Mobile OS
iOS 15.4.1
So I was playing on a playthrough until I noticed something was wrong. Normally I would hear wind ambience in the background of the gameplay, along with the game's usual music. But I haven't heard wind nor have I encountered the windy day NPCs, such as balloon slimes, angry dandelions, and ladybugs. The wind mechanic is bugged. The reason why is because the weather isn't making the wind go slower or faster, or switch direction, the wind is frozen as if I were to go on Journey Mode to freeze wind.

In the video provided, you can see that I went into a new world and slept in the world for 10 real life minutes. I paused the game in the beginning to show that this isn't in a journey mode world. Notice how the weather radio says the wind going 17 mph in the east. It doesn't change. And it isn't going fast enough to hear ambience either. Before the update, the wind was working just fine. Am I the only one with this?

Exciting edit: After the newest patch of 1.4.3.2.3, wind (Along with cloudiness) now works like normal and I got to hear the beautiful-sounding windy day theme. Thank you DR Studios for fixing the bugs and making terraria on both mobile and console run smoothly! :) This post is now resolved!

Last edited:
Are y'all playing on a world created from the previous update? Since I am, and just noticed now (after seeing this thread) that the wind on my world is fixed. It's always windy at 37mph W. Must be why I always hear the wind while playing now lmao.

Are y'all playing on a world created from the previous update? Since I am, and just noticed now (after seeing this thread) that the wind on my world is fixed. It's always windy at 37mph W. Must be why I always hear the wind while playing now lmao.
No, I made worlds with the newest update. It seems like the wind is softlocked on one speed in a world no matter what version your world was made.

I see. Haven't checked my other worlds, so I'll check later if the wind stays the same too.

EDIT: Just checked and yeah wind speeds are fixed at a certain value even on newly created worlds.
EDIT 2: My world's (the one in my previous post) wind speed changed to 40 and was then acting normally (decreasing and increasing, reaching 50), although quiting and entering the world change it back to 37. I think it may have been due to the rain, but the rain itself vanished upon exiting the world.

Last edited:
eh... Hello! Has anyone managed to find a solution to this problem? I'm playing on mobile 1.4.3.2.2 and so far nothing from the windy day event...I don't know if it's bad luck or a bug...

Yeah, I thought it was just old worlds, but found out it also affected new worlds after testing. I mentioned this in my post after the one you quoted.

The same happens with me too, but it sometimes changes between 1 to 2 mph east, but it won’t move at all past that. Also, a different world i have has 40 mph winds but doesnt have the wind visual effects or music

Back
Top Bottom