Resolved [1.4.3] [Xbox Series S/X] Pylons not for sale

On 1.4.3, sure it's something obvious I'm missing, but no NPC's are selling pylongs. I've defeated Eye of Cthulhu, I have the arms dealer/nurse in the desert (houses are close), I have the painter & dryad in the jungle, and in the forest I have the merchant, zoologist, & guide. Houses are close together, all are happy (I can sell gold animals for more than 10g). What am I missing? I scanned the wiki but didnt see anything that I'm missing with the update. Thanks-Dan

On 1.4.3, sure it's something obvious I'm missing, but no NPC's are selling pylongs. I've defeated Eye of Cthulhu, I have the arms dealer/nurse in the desert (houses are close), I have the painter & dryad in the jungle, and in the forest I have the merchant, zoologist, & guide. Houses are close together, all are happy (I can sell gold animals for more than 10g). What am I missing? I scanned the wiki but didnt see anything that I'm missing with the update. Thanks-Dan
Hi there @Rrrrrrredbelly, everything you’ve mentioned sound correct. When you talk to the Painter, does his happiness quote mention both the Dryad and the Jungle?

Hi there @Rrrrrrredbelly, everything you’ve mentioned sound correct. When you talk to the Painter, does his happiness quote mention both the Dryad and the Jungle?
Not the Dryad, but yes for the jungle..."This serene living space has all the quiet I need to focus on my mural. There are many ingredients for mixin' new paint in the Jungle, and the pretty view don't hurt either."

As far as happiness pricing, his paint brush sells for 89 silver (normally 1 G). In the desert, Arms Dealer is selling minishark for 31ish gold and has a positive quote. I don't remember what was in 1.4 for the number of NPC's needed, do I need 3 living together to purchase pylon? Thanks

I don't remember what was in 1.4 for the number of NPC's needed, do I need 3 living together to purchase pylon? Thanks

As of 1.4.3.3, you need 2 NPCs to fulfill the requirements to sell a pylon, so that being it is doubtful. As far as I know, you need to have atleast a 16% discount due to happiness for 1.4.3.2, which should be possible with only 2 NPCs.

Not the Dryad, but yes for the jungle..."This serene living space has all the quiet I need to focus on my mural. There are many ingredients for mixin' new paint in the Jungle, and the pretty view don't hurt either."

It's possible that the painter and dryad aren't close enough together for the dryad to register as directly affecting happiness.

I've defeated Eye of Cthulhu, I have the arms dealer/nurse in the desert (houses are close), I have the painter & dryad in the jungle, and in the forest I have the merchant, zoologist, & guide. Houses are close together,

1. Last time I checked, bosses defeated have nothing to do have nothing to do with the pylons (only 1 actually does, but another pylon technically does as well)

2. While the desert is also fine on paper, the same thing I mentioned for the dryad/painter could apply here too

3. The zoologist has no feelings each way for the guide and merchant, and same for the merchant with zoologist/guide. The nurse can be placed near the merchant to get him to sell the pylon (move the nurse to him and not the other way around, merchant dislikes the desert if I remember correctly)

As far as happiness pricing, his paint brush sells for 89 silver (normally 1 G). In the desert, Arms Dealer is selling minishark for 31ish gold and has a positive quote. I don't remember what was in 1.4 for the number of NPC's needed, do I need 3 living together to purchase pylon? Thanks
If the Painter isn’t mentioning the Dryad in his happiness message, I believe that they are not close enough to each other. Test out two side by side small boxes for them and then see if he sells it.

If the Painter isn’t mentioning the Dryad in his happiness message, I believe that they are not close enough to each other. Test out two side by side small boxes for them and then see if he sells it.
Thank you both, got it working. I had to basically put the houses on top of each other. Before it was working though, they were only 10 blocks apart, which I thought had worked in the past? Had to put the Nurse with the Merchant, as suggested by Hootle.

Back
Top Bottom