1.4.4 Discovery/Content Discussion Thread

Is anyone else looking into the chlorophyte extractor? All I've found from it so far is:
Extracting the usual silt/slush/fossils generates gems and the 12 basic ores (and sturdy fossils). It also converts corrupted/hallowed blocks to normal versions and normal ores/bars to their alt versions (crimtane/demonite or copper/tin).

There are 2 new boulder-like projectile Sprites in the game's files
One of them is the bouncy boulder which I've figured out, but there is a 2nd one that doesn't appear to have an item attached to it that I can find.
That being this; View attachment 384671
This reminds me of how a while ago I heard about Red commenting on a thread mentioning a "Terra" boulder or smth like that.
Dunno if this is their version of it, but as far as I can tell its not an item or a block outside of the projectile.
Under ProjectileIDs there's an object without an image (on the GG wiki) that''s listed as Moon Boulder. I've been asking around trying to figure out what it is, but no one seems to know. Since the dig up seed has the bouncy boulder and heart crystal boulder, I wonder if it's in there? Maybe the moon itself is a boulder in that seed and touching it kills you? IDK

Is anyone else looking into the chlorophyte extractor? All I've found from it so far is:
Extracting the usual silt/slush/fossils generates gems and the 12 basic ores (and sturdy fossils). It also converts corrupted/hallowed blocks to normal versions and normal ores/bars to their alt versions (crimtane/demonite or copper/tin).
I think that's what it primarily does. I've been investigating it too.

I've tried about 500 different blocks so far, and t seems it only purifies and extracts.

Under ProjectileIDs there's an object without an image (on the GG wiki) that''s listed as Moon Boulder. I've been asking around trying to figure out what it is, but no one seems to know. Since the dig up seed has the bouncy boulder and heart crystal boulder, I wonder if it's in there? Maybe the moon itself is a boulder in that seed and touching it kills you? IDK
the moon boulder is like the tree orb thing that changes the tree type, but for the moon

This next bit is only based on rumor but I think it always generates near or within the jungle (it can spawn some distance away from it though)

from what i have seen it always spawns under/near the ocean biome, but ive only seen 1, maybe 2 bits of proof on that so might be wrong
Jungle side, beneath the ocean

I found this glowing blue object underground which summoned a pet that felt very out of place, I wonder if it’s from that? It was called a pet Caveling.
Confirming this is a crossover with Core Keeper.

It works on hardmode ores too in my experience

It appears to me that necro armor now technically is pre-boss.
That is if you can find enough pianos (38 in total) to aquire the required bones.

Performance issues?
I just don't like it. It's a lot of unnecessary visual clutter for something that was instant and seamless before. Also I already sort my chests so that benefit serves no function for my purposes. Same as "miner's wobble", it does not affect performance at all but it's distracting and I'm glad I can turn it off. (except in tmodloader which doesn't have the option for some reason)

I just don't like it. It's a lot of unnecessary visual clutter for something that was instant and seamless before. Also I already sort my chests so that benefit serves no function for my purposes. Same as "miner's wobble", it does not affect performance at all but it's distracting and I'm glad I can turn it off. (except in tmodloader which doesn't have the option for some reason)
I mean it is still instant, the items still leave your inventory as soon as you press the button and are actually already in the chests before the animation plays

Back
Top Bottom