1.4.4 Discovery/Content Discussion Thread

Has anyone tried shimmering the golden fishing rod? I don't have a bottomless warer bucket yet
Judging by item sprites, I don't believe it'll do anything special (but I haven't tested so I can't say for sure), but I do know that if you try to fish in it you will get the effect that you get if you jump into it. (falling through blocks)

Did anyone find out how to get Bottomless Honey Bucket and sponge yet? I have tried fishing in honey, so far 32 honeyfins and nothing else. Also, I tried dipping Enchanted Sundial in Shimmer, it did not turn into the Moondial, are there conditions for that?
Honey Bucket and sponge are Angler quests, but I feel like the sponge is for some reason rare as hell. I only got one from 353 quests (I got 9 golden fishing rods before I got one honey sponge)

Last edited:
There are 2 new boulder-like projectile Sprites in the game's files
One of them is the bouncy boulder which I've figured out, but there is a 2nd one that doesn't appear to have an item attached to it that I can find.
That being this;
Projectile_1021.png

This reminds me of how a while ago I heard about Red commenting on a thread mentioning a "Terra" boulder or smth like that.
Dunno if this is their version of it, but as far as I can tell its not an item or a block outside of the projectile.

Judging by item sprites, I don't believe it'll do anything special (but I haven't tested so I can't say for sure), but I do know that if you try to fish in it you will get the effect that you get if you jump into it. (falling through blocks)

Honey Bucket and sponge are Angler quests, but I feel like the sponge is for some reason rare as hell. I only got one from 353 quests (I got 9 golden fishing rods before I got one honey sponge)
Yes, I realized that. And so far I did not get a single Bumblebee quest in... 130 fishing quests? That's why it's more rare than golden fishing rod. It only drops from that specific quest. Which is why I would rather get a file with those two because getting through that RNG is hell.

Yes, I realized that. And so far I did not get a single Bumblebee quest in... 130 fishing quests? That's why it's more rare than golden fishing rod. It only drops from that specific quest. Which is why I would rather get a file with those two because getting through that RNG is hell.
Wait, is it actually tied to that one quest? That explains it then. Welp, good luck.

Throwing the fishing related info acessories into shimmer will transform them into each other.

Weather Radio > Fishermans pocket guide > Sextant > ... (chain repeats)

throw all the expert mode boss drops in lets see wat happens
and try luiminte ingots and the just its self

Last edited:
Gold Worm transmutes into Gummy Worm ( Fishing skill permanent buff )
Star Cloak transmutes into Chromatic Cloak ( This prevents the Shimmering debuff )
Peddler's Hat transmutes into Peddler's Satchel ( Travelling Merchant sells more items permanently )
Flare transmutes into Shimmer Flare

For some reason, I cannot get the Clentaminator to transform into the Terraformer, anyone know why this is?

Edit: Added 2 more liquid discoveries + certain items require slaying the Moon Lord to transmute into their upgrades.
If you're still wondering, it looks like a few transmuting items need the world to be post-moonlord. Rod of Harmony and Terraformer was all I found that wouldn't work in pre-hm, but I didn't test everything.

has anyone figured out if you can use the liquid pump with shimmer?
that would be really helpful seeing as the only way to get it in other places without pumps would be the bucket, which is post-ml

has anyone figured out if you can use the liquid pump with shimmer?
that would be really helpful seeing as the only way to get it in other places without pumps would be the bucket, which is post-ml
Time to test this, will edit with result.

Edit: Pumps are able to move Shimmer around pre-boss.

If you're still wondering, it looks like a few transmuting items need the world to be post-moonlord. Rod of Harmony and Terraformer was all I found that wouldn't work in pre-hm, but I didn't test everything.
you also can't convert bottomless water buckets through shimmering in prehardmode

Found a new thing that Shimmer does:
If a statue spawned enemy jumps into shimmer, they seem to stop existing.
Naturally spawned enemies appear to turn invisible.
Actually I should probably test this more, Statue spawned Medusas just got deleted, need to test on other statues.
After testing on every Statue spawned enemy, I can confirm that they just cease existing, except for Wraiths which seem to not be able to interact with it.

Last edited:
From what I understand, attempting to fish in the shimmer results in you falling through.

I've learned that throwing a star clock in results in an accessory that allows you to not be affected by the de-buff.

Would it then be possible to fish in the shimmer?

Back
Top Bottom