Tool [1.4.4] Terraria Research Tracker

YellowAfterlife

Official Terrarian
screenshot.png

Link: Terraria Research Tracker

Hello! I made a web-based tool that shows you your Journey Mode research progress!

You give it your PLR file and it shows how much you have researched and how much there is left by category.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Last edited:
I am currently trying it out, and it's amazing. I especially like that it sorts by item type. Though I have noticed that it isn't updated for 1.4.3. The new items are missing and the items that now require less to be researched (crates, food, etc) are still shown to need their old amount.

Edit: I didn't know you are affected by the war. I hope you are well.

Last edited:
View attachment 313165
Link: Terraria Research Tracker

Hello! I made a web-based tool that shows you your Journey Mode research progress!

You give it your PLR file and it shows how much you have researched and how much there is left by category.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!
Thank you for this tool @YellowAfterlife, it’s very cool. I’m late to the party and just finding this now, looks like it goes through 1.4.1. I was even able to use it on my iPad and checked mobile player files.

I see from a post you made in another thread that your projects may be on hold for a bit due to the war in Ukraine. Hope things are well for you over there.

It cannot be overstated that Terraria Research Tracker is a fantastic tool. Honestly, I was surprised there was no way to see progress like this using the in-game research until I found your tool so THANK YOU!
Since I don't like to use inventory editors, I specifically appreciate that I can simply track my journey mode research progress and focus on what I will acquire next.

My personal feedback
I would like to see perhaps a filter to exclude certain 'exclusive' or 'unobtainable' items such as Carrot #603 and Bone Block #766
Adding a note to help users know where to find .plr files with Steam Cloud Saves enabled for Terraria to the default page

Thanks for updating to "Data as of Terraria 1.4.3.6" I am very excited for Labor of Love update and hope you will update for it when you are able. Keep up the great works!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-29 095826.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-29 095826.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 80
I would like to see perhaps a filter to exclude certain 'exclusive' or 'unobtainable' items such as Carrot #603 and Bone Block #766
I can do that if there's a complete list somewhere - I used to be mostly-awayre of what most of the items are, but there are three thousand more items now.

Adding a note to help users know where to find .plr files with Steam Cloud Saves enabled for Terraria to the default page
That is done now.

Thanks for updating to "Data as of Terraria 1.4.3.6" I am very excited for Labor of Love update and hope you will update for it when you are able.
That is also done now

I can do that if there's a complete list somewhere - I used to be mostly-awayre of what most of the items are, but there are three thousand more items now.
After researching every obtainable item in the game, I believe there are ten items in the tracker which cannot be obtained/researched:
  • Carrot #603: Not obtainable for most players because it is only obtainable for people who own the collector's version of Terraria.
  • Bone Block #766: Not obtainable after 1.4.0.1 since mining blocks placed with the bone wand drops bones (#154) and not the "bone block" item.
The following items are different versions of an item which can be researched. Once one variant of an item is researched, all other variants of the corresponding item are also considered researched:
  • Closed Void Bag #5325
  • Rubblemaker (Medium) #5329
  • Rubblemaker (Large) #5330
  • Shellphone (Home) #5358
  • Shellphone (Spawn) #5359
  • Shellphone (Ocean) #5360
  • Shellphone (Underworld) #5361
  • Unencumbering Stone #5391
Also thank you for making this tool! Researching every item was very fun (well, except for golden critters) and I would not have been able to do it without this wonderful tracker.

Attachments

• image_2023-03-01_161349661.png
    image_2023-03-01_161349661.png
    51 KB · Views: 49
research broken 1.PNG
i tried using the website to get 100% of items but it wont update these 1st 3 pics are after i researched the items. do i have to re download the file?

Attachments

• research broken 2.PNG
    research broken 2.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 33
  • research broken 3.PNG
    research broken 3.PNG
    5 KB · Views: 26
  • research broken 4.PNG
    research broken 4.PNG
    6.7 KB · Views: 35
  • research broken 5.PNG
    research broken 5.PNG